Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

MAB New Economy Lite Fares (No Checked Luggage)

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 Robert

Robert
  • Gold Member
  • 643 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:07 AM

The status is tied to company or individuals?  If tied to company and your travel is paid by the company then the changes in fares should not affect you.  Still 1 of 2 fastest way to LHR.

My status and flights are 100% paid myself. Fastest yes but not the best and this change knocks MAB down my ranking a notch or 2 

#42 V Wong

V Wong
  • Gold Member
  • 841 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:09 AM

But thats what our customers want ... flexibility to choose whether to pay for food and check in baggage ... MAB will justify. TF rubbing hands in glee

Edited by V Wong, 11 April 2019 - 08:11 AM.

#43 Mushrif A

Mushrif A
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:29 AM

MAB silently remove snack and beverage from Economy Lite, only Basic and Flexi have snack included in the fares.

How will that work onboard? More work for the crew then?

#44 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,204 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:00 AM

MAB silently remove snack and beverage from Economy Lite, only Basic and Flexi have snack included in the fares.

Wonder whether mab did proper research or survey before removing snack/meal from ey lite class fare. What about drinks?

Mab is consistently inconsistent. For reasons, many travellers are reluctant to give mab a chance/try.

Edited by KK Lee, 11 April 2019 - 10:01 AM.

#45 Leong Chuo Sheng

Leong Chuo Sheng
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:03 AM

For those who are curious, those who hold oneworld Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald on other airlines (i.e. BA, IB, QF, CX, etc.) are also entitled to the same free checked baggage allowance for Enrich Silver, Gold and Platinum on Economy Lite fares.

Therefore, a person holding BA Gold (oneworld Emerald, equivalent to Enrich Platinum) will get 15kg on Economy Lite.

#46 David.W

David.W
  • Silver Member
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:12 AM

Is MAB trying to become Malindo??? A hybrid carrier not full service

#47 cheecheng

cheecheng
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:56 PM

Even worst than malindo, at least malindo still serve light meals.

#48 jahur

jahur
  • Gold Member
  • 939 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:32 PM

Still no statement from MAB. Waiting for another social media storm before a u-turn comes in?

#49 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:50 PM

How will that work onboard? More work for the crew then?

On Swiss shorthaul, the crew cart has a tablet which the crew used to distribute the snacks. Those on "lite" fares only entitled for a cup of mineral water and a chocolate bar.

I think MH must be planning a similar operation.

Wonder whether mab did proper research or survey before removing snack/meal from ey lite class fare. What about drinks?

From history, meal has consistently stirred up major scandals (snakebox, nasi lemak telanjang etc). MH does not seem to learn a bit. There will be uproar about this.

#50 Chris Tan

Chris Tan
  • Gold Member
  • 871 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:16 PM

On Swiss shorthaul, the crew cart has a tablet which the crew used to distribute the snacks. Those on "lite" fares only entitled for a cup of mineral water and a chocolate bar.

I think MH must be planning a similar operation.

On sub-1hr hops, are they taking away the pack of peanuts since there are no meals to begin with?

What a CF this is turning out to be...

#51 V Wong

V Wong
  • Gold Member
  • 841 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:32 PM

Very likely the check in agents and cabin crews will be getting short end of the stick from uninformed passengers. Decision makers blind deaf and dumb to their grouses

#52 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:35 PM

This removal of "snack and beverage from Economy Lite" decision, if I may opine, will hurt and return to bite those (presumably well intentioned) bean counters at MAB

Meal options I can understand (perhaps conditioned so already on AK/D7 flights) but to have crew go through the vetting procedure just for sake of a packet of peanuts and a drink of juice/water ........ real pettiness  :rolleyes:

#53 Robert

Robert
  • Gold Member
  • 643 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:02 PM

For those who are curious, those who hold oneworld Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald on other airlines (i.e. BA, IB, QF, CX, etc.) are also entitled to the same free checked baggage allowance for Enrich Silver, Gold and Platinum on Economy Lite fares.

Therefore, a person holding BA Gold (oneworld Emerald, equivalent to Enrich Platinum) will get 15kg on Economy Lite.

Im pretty sure that in the some airlines exempt the super cheap fares from the frequent flyer perks. Happy to be corrected,

#54 KJ Lim

KJ Lim
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:24 AM

This removal of "snack and beverage from Economy Lite" decision, if I may opine, will hurt and return to bite those (presumably well intentioned) bean counters at MAB
Meal options I can understand (perhaps conditioned so already on AK/D7 flights) but to have crew go through the vetting procedure just for sake of a packet of peanuts and a drink of juice/water ........ real pettiness  :rolleyes:

Took a flight from KUL to Medan today and talked to the air stewardess and they are not even sure about it. So far they are serving meals, snacks and drinks to everyone.

#55 I. Wong

I. Wong
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:07 AM

MAB make a u-turn, again quietly add snack and beverages back to Economy Lite.

#56 Leong Chuo Sheng

Leong Chuo Sheng
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:46 AM

Im pretty sure that in the some airlines exempt the super cheap fares from the frequent flyer perks. Happy to be corrected,

Can confirm this. Called MH as well as endured a 2-day Twitter exchange which confirmed that oneworld status pax will get the same as Enrich members on Economy Lite.

#57 Mushrif A

Mushrif A
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:23 AM

BA is one example. The lite fares with hand luggage only apply across the board, with FFP status or not. But apart from that, other FFP status perks apply.

#58 Lim Kar Yong

Lim Kar Yong
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:50 AM

Can confirm this. Called MH as well as endured a 2-day Twitter exchange which confirmed that oneworld status pax will get the same as Enrich members on Economy Lite.

Yes, it is updated on their website: https://mhcare.malay...?language=en_US

For Lite fare, no more free 5kg, 10kg and 15kg for elite members as posted earlier

#59 Leong Chuo Sheng

Leong Chuo Sheng
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:32 AM

Yes, it is updated on their website: https://mhcare.malay...?language=en_US

For Lite fare, no more free 5kg, 10kg and 15kg for elite members as posted earlier

Nope, you need to refer here: https://www.malaysia..._allowance.html

#60 David.W

David.W
  • Silver Member
  • 320 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:42 AM

MAB if you are going to charge passengers for snacks you better make it a justified improvement. Serve snacks like curry puff/kuih/ more choice of snacks or sandwiches! If it's just peanuts then it's very silly

You are better of just having Buy on board instead of this silly vetting procedure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users