MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Andrew Hunt

KLIA Runway 14L (Summer 2008)

wah, Simon reading your continuing posts on what you saw is very "suspense" la....... slowly, one post by one post.....

at the back of my mind, I thought it was some spooky stuff....... :shok:

when i am back in kl, I will try to endavour to join in the spotting, tapi malu la.... you all arm with bmw / mercedes type of camera...... then I bring out my compact kapchai ixus...... !!! :rofl:

May I ask who can I pm to ask to join in the spotting ??

Edited by yeadrian

wah, Simon reading your continuing posts on what you saw is very "suspense" la....... slowly, one post by one post.....

at the back of my mind, I thought it was some spooky stuff....... :shok:

when i am back in kl, I will try to endavour to join in the spotting, tapi malu la.... you all arm with bmw / mercedes type of camera...... then I bring out my compact kapchai ixus...... !!! :rofl:

May I ask who can I pm to ask to join in the spotting ??

But it was really shocking when 2 dogs and men armed with parang just appeared beside you.

Don't worry about your camera, just come join us and have fun.

Edited by Simon

precisely, I thought it was some spooky sightings,turn out to be scarier with 2 armed men and dogs... :o arrgh!!!

can have inidication as to normally what time and when do you guys go spotting ?

But it was really shocking when 2 dogs and men armed with parang just appeared beside you.

Don't worry about your camera, just come join us and have fun.

precisely, I thought it was some spooky sightings,turn out to be scarier with 2 armed men and dogs... :o arrgh!!!

can have inidication as to normally what time and when do you guys go spotting ?

Well, it can be as early as 7am :lol:

I think i'll be heading there this Saturday/Sunday....to be finalised.

Well, it can be as early as 7am :lol:

I think i'll be heading there this Saturday/Sunday....to be finalised.

I hope somebody isnt being missed out, or another Silver bullet Dejavu incident is going to happen hahhaha.. :rofl:

Anyone going plane spotting today ? Heard BR is sending their B77W today arriving at 1415.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

No spotting for me today. :angry:

Someone in KUL, go get BR 77W. :blink: :blink:

Terrible weather at KLIA............................. :( :( I missed the sunlight, and also Imran, Baim and Razmyn..

2408089vsrq01.jpg

2408089mahn01.jpg

ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

datang laa awal len kali :p i can't tahan laaa mengantuk more than 24hour awake.

so you guyz at Ladang lahh~!!! nice catch of Hotel Norman.

:sorry: :sorry: , i posted at wrong thread , moved it to the correct thread alrdy , sorry :sorry:

mod , please delete this post , thanks alot .......

Edited by Louis L.

:sorry: :sorry: , i posted at wrong thread , moved it to the correct thread alrdy , sorry :sorry:

mod , please delete this post , thanks alot .......

Landing on wrong Rwy ka Kawan~??? :rofl::rofl:

Hai to MW spotters geng..

Any good plan to spotting during Merdaka day (pre-Ramadhan day also)..hehehehe..

Any good location..14R,14L or 32R..I planning heading towards KLIA..Hopefully...

Merdeka spotting :drinks:

CX vs AK, playing catching :lol: too close to each other on approach :blink:

DSC_0211.jpg

Aboarded landing :angry:

DSC_0219.jpg

Edited by Simon

Wow. Interesting :D

it Go around above us.. sound of roaring T7 is so syiok~!!!

Thai T7 at 7pm.

85636499jh9.jpg

CX vs AK, playing catching :lol: too close to each other on approach :blink:

Isn't it the task of ATC to line-up the aircraft with enough separation ? :huh: :o

Isn't it the task of ATC to line-up the aircraft with enough separation ? :huh: :o

Maybe there were something going on.......

Anything could've happened;

i) Insufficient separation (ATC miscalculated)

ii) Insufficient separation at the last moment... (maybe initially well separated)

due to differing approach speeds to ATC's requests??

iii) No. 1 a/c overshot hi-speed exit taxiway, have to take the next one... (where did AK exited?)

iv) Other factors that make No. 2 comes close to runway while No. 1 still on active... :p

...thus the go-around...

my "non-aviator" opinion...:pardon:

BTW... Simon's pix of the two aircraft was shot at 260mm focal length (tele length).

That'll will give the illusion of CX closer to AK than actually was....

Anything could've happened;

i) Insufficient separation (ATC miscalculated)

ii) Insufficient separation at the last moment... (maybe initially well separated)

due to differing approach speeds to ATC's requests??

iii) No. 1 a/c overshot hi-speed exit taxiway, have to take the next one... (where did AK exited?)

iv) Other factors that make No. 2 comes close to runway while No. 1 still on active... :p

...thus the go-around...

Great opinion there Norman

my "non-aviator" opinion...:pardon:

BTW... Simon's pix of the two aircraft was shot at 260mm focal length (tele length).

That'll will give the illusion of CX closer to AK than actually was....

Haha....but i have never seen this close approach between 2 aircrafts with my naked eye before :p

My guess: AK slowed down to final approach speed too early, and CX didn't slow down appropriately, keeping up to regular speed schedule. When they realized they're closing too fast, it was too late. From about 10 miles to touchdown (Dengkil rest area!) there is not much the ATC can do too keep the separation except maybe asking the 2nd aircraft to slow down further. This is a situation where monitoring the TCAS and arresting the closure rate is crucial for the 2nd aircraft. Last resort, ATC will tell 2nd aircraft for a go-around, or the pilots may elect to do so if they think it is too close.

Heck, I did cause an aircraft behind to go around once in KIX when I was on the B742. I slowed down too early.

If you adhere to ATC speed restrictions and any speed restrictions on the letdown chart , there shouldn't be a problem , just the ' airmanship ' issue .

But in my opinion , there's nothing with going around in KL , you don't have to join a large stack again , compared to the likes of JFK and etc .

As per the letdown chart requirements , maintain 160kts until 4nm from touchdown ..

Its either the cx had a pretty good high speed descent and couldn't manage to slowdown to make space for the AK ahead of him , or he was just very heavy and needed to maintain high speed .

Either way , two safe landings . Cheers ! :drinks:

Sidenote : Simon , your Qatar looks interesting , alot of D-Lighting ? Shadows + Highlights ?