MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H Azmal

Yummy time in the air

Yummy time in the air

KUALA LUMPUR: AirAsia passengers will now have a wider range of local dishes to choose from when flying with the airline.

Its chief executive officer Datuk Seri Tony Fernandes said there were about 12 new additions to the menu, including roti jala, roti canai, chicken rice, Indonesian fried rice with satay and local fruits.

“Serving hot and delicious food is part of our five-star service for our passengers, and all these food items are sourced from local entrepreneurs,” he said after the launch here yesterday.

He added that passengers could also pre-book their food when they bought their tickets online.

A check on the AirAsia website showed that the roti jala costs RM6, fresh local fruits (RM5), and Sri Melur Jaya Roti Canai (RM5).

Asked if including more food choices would raise the cost, Fernandes said no.

At the event, Fernandes also announced the company's new chairman – Datuk Aziz Bakar.

“Serving hot and delicious food is part of our five-star service for our passengers, and all these food items are sourced from local entrepreneurs."

aiseyman, Tony also got suckered into this '5-star' illusion kah? 5-star abende ni brader?

Edited by Naim

Haha, at least it's better than a certain airline's allusion to 5-star-dom by way of serving snackboxes... :pardon:

Haha, at least it's better than a certain airline's allusion to 5-star-dom by way of serving snackboxes... :pardon:

But you dont have to buy the snackboxes to get them.... :pardon:

RM5=1roti canai. RM5 for roti canai down here you could have it until your tummy exploded... :D

Edited by Yusoff

Theres actually 2 roti canais in one box hehehehe... I actually love buying food from AK, i mean i pay for what i want. Now that there are more dishes on board i guess i need someone to ta-pau for me from the plane.

Theres actually 2 roti canais in one box hehehehe... I actually love buying food from AK, i mean i pay for what i want. Now that there are more dishes on board i guess i need someone to ta-pau for me from the plane.

Agree.

I don't know why, but buying food onboard AK is a must for me although I might just had breakfast/lunch at LCCT already.

me also , i get this motion of wanting to buy food from them lately :D , eventhough had a big meal at lcct , still opted to buy their food ...... :D .......

and i even help other ppl to tapau for them :p .........

me also , i get this motion of wanting to buy food from them lately :D , eventhough had a big meal at lcct , still opted to buy their food ...... :D .......

and i even help other ppl to tapau for them :p .........

<_>

siapa ar? haha... btw, i also same as Fitri, must buy something to fill my stomach when onboard. :lol:

I have to first admit that I am not a fan of mamak food. So I am not that excited with the "new" menu. My question is, does the food come from a Flight Kitchen (KLASS/Brahim) using the recipe from Sri Melur or from the back of some kedai mamak? If so, what are the food safety guidelines use? I notice that the hot meals are not frozen when sent to the aircraft, just room tempreture and just heated for about 5 minutes. Normally, meals are blast chilled and heated for about 20 minute on board.

Just wondering................

Roti Jala (Idris).... ah ha ha... ah hahahah hahahaaaaa.....

I guess that's a direct hit to Datuk IJ, everyone know TF is a kiasu man.

Sign in to follow this