MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KC Sim

Singapore Airshow 2008 - 19-24 February 2008

After arriving Tue evening, its been very hectic last 2 days, getting barely some sleep.

Its been great visiting Singapore... seeing some good friends again....

Well without further delay, heres some news & qucik edits from this part of the world.

Star of the show...

_MG_0047.jpg

_MG_9891.jpg

Yet another SQ departs as 380 shows off all the airlines it will fly for.

_MG_0849.jpg

_MG_9838.jpg

_MG_9809.jpg

The Singapore's Black Knights did a fantastic show....

_MG_9937.jpg

Representing our part of the world... and doing solo performance...

_MG_0643.jpg

more to continue

Raj

PS: needless to say its like oven here... 33'C daily and ERIC is a lobster already... :lol

PS: needless to say its like oven here... 33'C daily and ERIC is a lobster already... :lol

33'C??? hehehe.. normal for us here in Malaysia & singapore... Nice pic Raj.. :clapping:

Being exposed for hours in that kind of heat and under the blistering sun , is WOW ..

Even I couldn't take it ...

Yeah.. It a Damn Hot day down there.. Kluang also like that meeh..

But it nothing laaaa... your guyz shot lagi HOT what... :p

Today (22 Feb 2008) is the fourth and final trade day of the Singapore Airshow 2008. We were visited by two friends from Mwings . . . Lee and Ignatius.

mw1-Lee-Ignatius-2008-02-22-01Cr.jpg

As usual, the Black Knights opened the show with a vibrant display . . . but today's a sad and special day for the Black Knights. An F-16 pilot from the Rep of Singapore Air Force lost the battle with cancer two days ago and at the end of today's performance, the Black Knights reformed into a 6-ship delta formation for one final pass. Just as the formation enter the display area, one ship peeled off into a vertical climb while the rest proceeded with a low, slow and banking flypast in salute and in memory of their fallen comrade. It was a very emotional moment - especially for those who were able to listen to the very touching commentary - and it was also a rare photographic opportunity. May the "fallen F-16 pilot" rest in eternal peace.

BlackKnights-2008-02-22-01Cr-Missin.jpg

Each day, the return of the A380 from its flying display is a keenly-awaited event. The sight of it coming up the road with its entourage of police cars, motorcycles and other vehicles is a grand sight . . . particularly from about 5cm above the scorching bitumen.

mw1-F-WWOW-2008-02-22-01Cr-TOW.jpg

Naturally, a hoarde of photographers jostle for prime location at a spot where the A380's massive nose come within touching distance before being pushed back into the static display area. Interestingly and surprisingly, the photographers' very enthusiastic coverage of this event was tolerated and perhaps looked at with much amusement. I saw the bemused look of those in the cars that were stopped for this towing exercise . . . and thought it appropriate to share some shots of the photographers covering this mini-event. Three cheers to all who braved the heat and threw their chest and lower bodies onto the bitumen without even flinching . . . all in the name of art.

mw1-ShootingA380-2008-02-22-01Cr.jpg

mw1-ShootingA380-2008-02-22-03Cr.jpg

mw1-ShootingA380-2008-02-22-04Cr.jpg

mw1-ShootingA380-2008-02-22-05Cr.jpg

More (actually, many many more) images will soon follow.

KC Sim

Before I retire for the day - all burnt to a crisp and looking like a piece of over-fried keropok - I would like to share a funny image with all at Mwings. Hope it puts a smile on all your faces for the entire weekend.

This angle was suggested by my friend from Perth - Ian Moy - and shows how an a380 with a fifth engine would look like.

mw1-A380-with-5th-Engine.jpg

KC Sim

Nothing beats being presence at the airshow itself. Nice photos, guys :good:

Very much love those pictures of big mama on the 'road' :)

was there a VLJ (Very Light Jet) Eclipse 500 at the airshow?

I want to see other static aircraft please....

was there a VLJ (Very Light Jet) Eclipse 500 at the airshow?

I want to see other static aircraft please....

Yes, the Eclipse 500 came in the form of N500UK.

IMG_35s7ss4.jpg

The flightdeck of a Diamond DA42, the smallest aircraft at the show I believe. Costs US$160,000.

IMG_dd9894.jpg

And lastly, the A380 taxying out for the daily flying display, this shows how close the engine comes to you with the wingtip passing over your head.

IMG_3622.jpg

Sign in to follow this