MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

Exactly, at least at KLM (and subsidiary companies)...cannot speak for Malaysian airlines (MH/AK), though :o

From what I heard, AK crew will eat food from the same roadside stall.......

If the Almighty wants you to die...then you'll die..regardless of what you ate...or which oven it was cooked in... :)

I think the control column hides the actual speed. At high level there is not much space between min and max speed. A.k.a coffin corner.

I think Radzi is right. The tape is hid by the yoke.

Can please tell me the cruise speeds for 772, 744, and 734 at different FL's? Do we fly at any cruise speed as long as we are within the safe cruising speed margin? I really would like to know...

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

CRZ speed.

ECON value depending on the Cost Index.

Average CRZ Speed of:

777 = Mach 0.84

747 = Mach 0.855 @ 0.86

737 = Mach 0.74

330/340 (dash 200/300) = Mach 0.82 (pls correct me if im wrong on this Buses)

Try fly faster Attan...he he he he :)

Panel missing...??

Too minimum that will cause drag.

A hole in my wing!!!

IPB Image

as we reach KUL...engineer were ready to put a new panel.

maybe inbound to NRT...it flew off!! he he he he

CRZ speed.

ECON value depending on the Cost Index.

Average CRZ Speed of:

777 = Mach 0.84

747 = Mach 0.855 @ 0.86

737 = Mach 0.74

330/340 (dash 200/300) = Mach 0.82 (pls correct me if im wrong on this Buses)

During my cargo days (1997-2000) I used to be able to tell the type of aircraft by their reported speed. SQ Celestar (A340) fly at M.80. The A330 at M.82. The rest as per TK's number. BTW the 734 can go as fast as .78 but it will be too noisy inside the cockpit.

Radzi,

How fast have you pushed the 737 to? Dont worry la...I wont complain to Mr. T (the GOOD Mr. T) :lol:

Try fly faster Attan...he he he he :)

Panel missing...??

Too minimum that will cause drag.

A hole in my wing!!!

IPB Image

as we reach KUL...engineer were ready to put a new panel.

maybe inbound to NRT...it flew off!! he he he he

TK, you speeding-kah ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, TK, for the information. I thought I saw somewhere or heard from someone that the 734 cruise at speed close to the 777 and 747 and so I thought I was flying slow all the time... Ok... Now I am not wrong...

Thanks Radzi also for sharing your experience...

Have a more specific question here:

MH 734 cruise at what speed at FL 250, PEN - KUL, for example? How about the 744, 772? Speed in Mach or IAS (or TAS)?

Thanks...

KUL-PEN-KUL on a 777.

Since it is a short flight for a 777, what we did was we use selected speed...

280 knots climb, cruise and descent.

depending on pilots. as for me the 280 knots is better.

Not too fast and not too slow.

It is too short for Cost index (econ) speed.

Fuel use...minimum. :)

I wonder what speed does LeeCH fly on KUL-SIN-KUL sector....thats super shorts!! :o

Cant remember what speed i flew on that sector....

SIN-KUL vv sector, speed is always a commander discretion. Hehe.... On a serious note, we always leave it on econ speed, which is close to 300 kts. Very fast for a short sector. Depart SIN on 02 and land in KL on 32, you will get sometimes flight time of 28 mins. KUL approach ask you to speed up, can expect even shorter.

If weather is bad, we do 280kts. I am a ladies man, always concern how my crew behind will catchup. I tend to like the 280 kts concepts selected speed for climb cruise and descent. So all my SQ gfs behind will apreciate and love me. Hehe....its tough to serve drinks on a full load 777 on such short flights. In Business class even a light snack. Add in a little of weather, they all will tremble....

Forget to add, our cruise time is about 4 minutes.

Edited by LeeCH

Forget to add, our cruise time is about 4 minutes.

4 minutes.... that's nice.. :D

SQ really make you guys work :lol: ...

out of 28min.. only 4 min break :lol: :lol:

Must be lots of fun to be doing so many take offs and landings in a day when you do the SIN KUL SIN sector

Just imagine KUL-IPH-KUL...or KUL-KUA-KUL...

mana ada crusing time! :lol:

Just imagine KUL-IPH-KUL...or KUL-KUA-KUL...

mana ada crusing time! :lol:

Most airlines (for e.g., AC Jazz, ANK and LH Regional) use DHC8-300, ATR42/72 or BAe146 for these kind of intercity flights. In Japan, they use a self-service ticket kiosk, which can read driving license/passport. Just go to the airport, pay and collect your ticket/boarding pass at the vending machine.

Compared to Bullet trains, these flights are cheaper and faster. Passengers take it because of its frequency and less hassle check-in. Flights are reasonably frequent enough that it's like a highway bus service. Flying time is 40mins or 50mins. They are fast, efficient and a quick way to get around.

Most airlines (for e.g., AC Jazz, ANK and LH Regional) use DHC8-300, ATR42/72 or BAe146 for these kind of intercity flights. In Japan, they use a self-service ticket kiosk, which can read driving license/passport. Just go to the airport, pay and collect your ticket/boarding pass at the vending machine.

Compared to Bullet trains, these flights are cheaper and faster. Passengers take it because of its frequency and less hassle check-in. Flights are reasonably frequent enough that it's like a highway bus service. Flying time is 40mins or 50mins. They are fast, efficient and a quick way to get around.

Wow..now only i know that.. :o

If it happens it Malaysia, that should be good!

Vending machine selling tickets! B)

Greetings from LAX my buddies,

4 minutes is a break? U sure? Have to get ATIS, paperwork, make passenger announcement, complete descent checklist. Thrw in some weather.......fuawah....smoke can come out from head already. Gavin, its SIN KUL SIN and again SIN KUL SIN. I got no complains, I like the fast pace and fly back to my home. Hehe...

Greetings from LAX my buddies,

4 minutes is a break? U sure? Have to get ATIS, paperwork, make passenger announcement, complete descent checklist. Thrw in some weather.......fuawah....smoke can come out from head already. Gavin, its SIN KUL SIN and again SIN KUL SIN. I got no complains, I like the fast pace and fly back to my home. Hehe...

...and people think the autopilot is doing everything :angry:

...and people think the autopilot is doing everything :angry:

Yea! During my dad's comapny trip, some of them also said..

"Pilot,easy job only..nothing to do,set set set and then sit there only.Maybe whole trip is 1hour, work for 5 minutes only!"

I really FEDUP with this guys..Annoyed me! :angry: :angry:

Edited by Min Chun