MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H C Chai

MH to London Gatwick

hahahaha...that is a good description indeed. i hope in this era of cost cutting he travels at least by economy with a snack box only (as he would be flying free!).

I have, very recently, booked return tickets to KUL from LHR.

The booking officer at my local MAS office told me the airline will definitely not be operating from Gatwick at the moment or the foreseeable future.

I have, very recently, booked return tickets to KUL from LHR.

The booking officer at my local MAS office told me the airline will definitely not be operating from Gatwick at the moment or the foreseeable future.

Hmm, how odd, the Gatwick flight is still bookable via the travel agents though....

Just out of curiosity, may I know which local MAS office you have been to?

MAS to London Gatwick.?? :huh: are you sure??last Monday,i called MAS and just asking what is the fare to London Gatwick.. Than she replied ''Sir,we don't fly to gatwick'' and i asked her..are you sure..the She replied yes..

Edited by Arieff

MAS to London Gatwick.?? :huh: are you sure??last Monday,i called MAS and just asking what is the fare to London Gatwick.. Than she replied ''Sir,we don't fly to gatwick'' and i asked her..are you sure..the She replied yes..
MH ground staff are generally a lousy lot and many don't know their own product. Many expect to be spoon-fed and lack initiative.Once, at the KL main office, I had to instruct a reservation staff to find out about an increase in surcharges coming into effect the following day. They didn't know about it and after a good 5-10mins, found the info on their screens.As for LGW, you should have instructed her to check out the schedules in July.

MH ground staff are generally a lousy lot and many don't know their own product.

Agree. I recall my experience when I went to purchase ticket for the inaugural flight of the now stinking insect airline. MH had announced sales will open 19 March 2007 but the dumb ticket officer said her reservation system can't do it. Had to be resolved by her boss with 4 stripes on the name tag. Even then it took 5 hours for him to confer with that insect airline's staff and open the bookings.

Hmm, how odd, the Gatwick flight is still bookable via the travel agents though....

Just out of curiosity, may I know which local MAS office you have been to?

The one in Earls Court, London.

:blink: I'm speechless. If anything I would expect THEM to know first.

Either:

(1) they didn't get the memo;

(2) couldn't be bothered to read the memo;

(3) KL HQ forgot to send the memo;

(4) Memo's in the snail-mail. "Syetem downlaah encik."

Thx Mushrif..i just called MAS again.. the ticketing officer..is the same one in the morning..She replied''cik,kami tak pergi Gatwick..berapa kali nak cakap..MAS don't fly to Gatwick..''..then she hang up.

sigh... <_<

Thx Mushrif..i just called MAS again.. the ticketing officer..is the same one in the morning..She replied''cik,kami tak pergi Gatwick..berapa kali nak cakap..MAS don't fly to Gatwick..''..then she hang up.

sigh... <_>

Call again and get her name, if you haven't already. Then ask same question. Then shed some light.

I dont mind MH flying into LGW. Heathrow is a complete shambles. One might argue that LGW is further from Central London compared to LHR, but there is a non-stop Gatwick Express that takes you to and from Central London in just 30 minutes.

Yes, I agree. I love Gatwick. :)

Extremely rude response! Report her to customer svc for investigation. MAS should have a recording of the conversation if its callcentre is of any worth. Such an employee should be a handed a show cause letter why she should not be fired. What kind of callcentre employee did MAS hire? Someone's relative izzit?

Both LHR and LGW are equally far from my house but LGW is easier to get to as I can use the motorway.Personally, I also prefer LGW... it looks newer and doesn't make me feel like I'm in some third world country airport.

Thx Mushrif..i just called MAS again.. the ticketing officer..is the same one in the morning..She replied''cik,kami tak pergi Gatwick..berapa kali nak cakap..MAS don't fly to Gatwick..''..then she hang up.sigh... <_<
I believe customer service people aren't allowed to hang up until the customer wants to.she must have been in a really really bad mood huh...

sigh... <_>

Arieff, call me please at +60192310005.

TQ

Call again and get her name, if you haven't already. Then ask same question. Then shed some light.

Yes if you have her name, let us know and all of us can ring her up and ask her the same question and await her response. If enough of us ring she may get the hint to get in touch with the very product that she is suppose to be dealing with in her employment.

So the typical "legendary" MH ground service continues...maybe it's the pressure at sea-level versus what their award-winning airborne colleagues experience.

I dont know what the management is thinking off. Previously they suspended the 3rd flight to LHR giving the rights to other airlines and now they are planning to fly to Gatwick. That's rather stupid.
The reason behind MAS operating into LGW and not LHR on these seasonal only flights isn't due to them selling their slots, but rather the opposite, not being able to get any more slots, but the capacity is required.

From a non-financial, but rather passenger point of view it can only be good news!

Flights will only ops on sundays and Thursday between 22nd June and 18th September

MH7346 KUL-LGW 0030/0700

MH7347 LGW-KUL 1300/0840+1

Means long lay-overs in London for those lucky enough to pick up a trip on their roster...TK...

Sign in to follow this