MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MH's New ASEAN Destinations

Lack of international flights into and out of ADL, will make daily flights doable. SQ has been doing ADL-SIN daily since one or two years ago. Pity, MH is only doing it 4x weekly.

In addition to that, D7's application to serve ADL was rejected. There's a petition going on in Facebook to allow D7 to serve ADL. D7's CEO Azran Osman-Rani personally requested the petition to be put forward to our 1Malaysia Prime Minister.

Not sure if this has been posted before since it's been a while since i signed in. Anyway, apparently MAS has applied for BKI/HND vv starting in November pending Japanese authority approval with the soon to be delivered 738. Flight will increase from the current 2-weekly to 3-weekly. This will officially spell the end of MAS 772 service to BKI :(

The MH Rumour Department managed to embargo 3 exclusive photos from the BDO launch event for MalaysianWings. Mind you, this event took place only a few hours ago. *wink*

BDO1.jpg

BDO2.jpg

BDO3.jpg

Are those the notorious inflight snekboxes given out before the flight but now they come in prettier boxes with smaller food proportions inside (back to finger sandwches again?)? :)

Find MH female cabin crews are mostly aunty age.

:drinks:

haha.. Have you traveled in the States?

Travel there and then you truly understand what an "aunty" stewardess is :D

They are most definitely in their 20s. Maybe you can be their uncle?

They may be in their late 20’s or early 30's but looks a lot more matured or retro if compared with TG, AK, SQ, etc.

Edited by KK Lee

They may be in their late 20’s or early 30's but looks a lot more matured or retro if compared with TG, AK, SQ, etc.

It's make up and kebaya. You will be suprised on how they will look in normal outfits. BTW, the Malay girl on the right has been featured in MH ads or ceremonies quite extensively.

And from today's newspaper, MH is looking forward to launch more ASEAN destination. Any idea where will they fly? BDO was launched recently, PDG was axed, CEB will have the same fate too. Where else? Return to CNX, UPG and MDC?

Find MH female cabin crews are mostly aunty age.

I'd rather fly with experienced crew, those who know their safety procedures well. Looks are secondary.

If you want to look at pretty young things, go visit a karaoke joint or a brothel.

Edited by Radzi

In their line of profession, looks are quite important also. Preferably pretty, friendly and capable..

..... Preferably pretty, friendly and capable..

Imo, that would be in reverse order of priorities :)

For me, there are equally as important..

Physically appearance is "fixed" that you can't really do much about.. For instance, if someone has facial features resembling a dugong, no matter how much of a make up won't probably help much. In fact, too much make up or not done properly will have the opposite effect.

You can somewhat teach someone to be friendly or have some basic courtesy. But I believe, people who are naturally friendly have the spontaneity and the charm associated with them. So there is also a limit to what you can do.

Being capable, I refer to like knowing how to handle basic medical emergencies, safety procedures, how to operate the oven in the aircraft and etc. These are all teachable. .

So you see, the first two are variables that you have little control. Better get them right in the first place.

If you manage to get pretty ones with good attitudes, you have practically won the battle.

If I were in charge of recruitment, I would design it in a way that will select the pretty and friendly ones, those with good attitudes. Then I would teach them to be capable.

Sorry, not ASEAN, but close enough.

Malaysia Airline's new flight boost for city

Lack of international flights into and out of ADL, will make daily flights doable. SQ has been doing ADL-SIN daily since one or two years ago. Pity, MH is only doing it 4x weekly.

Just for thought can 738 fly nonstop to ADL from KUL? If so, MH should consider double daily! that will be a good comeback to Aussie and supports KUL further as a HUB.

Alternatively, smaller 736s may have the range and the similar Operating Nature with 738s would be good for MH. But in this case, 3 daily flights may do the trick. It can even be expanded to other ports within similar range. Of course the amenities should be comparable to new 330s and 380s.

KUL-ADL takes about 7-8 hours. Not economical to do twice daily. Better off with once daily 777 or A333. Also better cargo capacity with the last two.

Pax don't appreciate to be trapped in 737 for that long.

Pax don't appreciate to be trapped in 737 for that long.

The type of planes shouldn't matter as long as got good leg room, comfortable seats and good IFE. These are what I'll be considering if I were to be trapped in a plane..

The type of planes shouldn't matter as long as got good leg room, comfortable seats and good IFE. These are what I'll be considering if I were to be trapped in a plane..

You just can't fit many people into 737 with a good seat pitch to make the route viable. Plus, 737-800 can't do the route, it's overstreched. -900ER maybe, -700ER yes it can.

I would love to see KUL-DRW with 737-800. Maybe tag it with a Kiwi destination.

The new A330-300s would be perfect for a daily service to ADL and also daily service to BNE as well as PER. I think MH will end up having a daily A380 service to SYD and supplementing the extra 4-5 flights/week with the new A330-300s rather than the 777-200s. Hopefully, that will free up the 777-200s to allow MH to work on getting the rest of their European destinations (FCO and FRA) up to daily flights and get LAX back to daily status.

The new A330-300s would be perfect for a daily service to ADL and also daily service to BNE as well as PER. I think MH will end up having a daily A380 service to SYD and supplementing the extra 4-5 flights/week with the new A330-300s rather than the 777-200s. Hopefully, that will free up the 777-200s to allow MH to work on getting the rest of their European destinations (FCO and FRA) up to daily flights and get LAX back to daily status.

It's more about passenger demand than aircraft utilisation. Otherwise, MH would have done daily routes as you mentioned, ages ago.