MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
TK

Transmile Air Services

Rozhan,...base on my knowledge, 737-200 is a bucket type thrust reverser.

727 slightly different.

732 is bucket type. JT8D equipped 727 "Super 27's" have bucket type. On other 727's I believe it may be just a sliding panel on the top of the engines, directing the bypass air upwards, and sidewards on the number two. Not 100% sure, this is one thing I too would like to clarify.

737 Classics also have the landing light on the flap fairing, and QF have started to replace theirs with new alternating landing lights. We saw one of the upgraded birds when out spotting with Sandeep week before last. Looks very weird.

Thanks TK, Liam, for the insight on the thrust reversers. I used to love seating at the back of the B737-200 when MAS used to operate them..... just to see the reversers being deployed upon landing. I have some pics of them as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think because of the angle of deflection of the reversers, the back fuselage of the B732 will often get slightly blackened (or greyed) with either soot or heat marks. I see such discolouration on many of MAS B732 rear side fuselage, concentrated near the engines. Also the engines had circular stickers reading 'Pratt & Whitney Dependable Engines' circled around an eagle. Those were the days....

TK et al.

Based on your picture depicting how the 732 engine's are connected to the wing...it looks as if it IS attached to a little pylon..which in turn is attached to the wing. (You said it wasnt attached to a pylon previously)

Wing tip..someone can tell me what are all those on the wing tip.

user posted image

I read from a source which i have gorgotten tongue.gif .it is use for Statics discharge..and the source said there are more on the tail there..but i forgot which a/c is.. smile.gif

TK, hope this will help you..haha

anyone, still no idea of where the transmile logo came from??? ohmy.gif

9362[/snapback]

it look like some kinds of birds rolleyes.gif just try to answer it.

static discharge and also to prevent bird from flocking at the tip. hehe......

was it a flower fendy? i thot i saw a bird playing with a circus ball.

it look like some kinds of birds  just try to answer it.

The two chinese characters gave away the hint. It should be translated as "Golden Hawk". The colour choice are very Chinese in a way, red complete with gold. Needless to say, it is own by ethnic Chinese.

Liam, thanks for the fleet info!

Edited by S V Choong

The two chinese characters gave away the hint.  It should be translated as "Golden Hawk".  The colour choice are very Chinese in a way, red complete with gold. 

9467[/snapback]

Very Asian slogan too, Asia serving the world.

biggrin.gif

user posted image

dont you think its nice to get on board an aircraft through this aft stair case.

I remember once i flew on a russian Yak-42 and all passenger gets on board through the aft steps.

The photo with the static discharge i posted and asked all of you is just a simple question and i guess all aircraft fanatics knew what it is.

The transmile logo...well i knew its a bird maybe but i dont know what kind of bird, Like azahan, bird playing with a ball...yeah..it looks like one.

For your info this logo is from another airline logo long time back. The airline no longer exist. The airline is from asia, somewhere north east of asia.

Try and figure it out where or what airline... huh.gif

For your info this logo is from another airline logo long time back. The airline no longer exist. The airline is from asia, somewhere north east of asia.

Try and figure it out where or what airline... 

My guess is Mongolian MIAT? Mongolian has a legend about a bird which has something to do with the founding of their tribe and country.

Looks like transmile have installed hush-kits on their 727s and 737s to reduce the noise?

Edited by S V Choong

My guess is Mongolian MIAT?  Mongolian has a legend about a bird which has something to do with the founding of their tribe and country.

9493[/snapback]

MIAT looks more a horse to me ... rolleyes.gif

How about Hainan and/or Shan Xi airlines ??? wink.gif

Those rear steps reminds me of some character, Gary Cooper if I'm not mistaken, who hijacked one of these aircraft. He then parachuted out of the plane from the rear door and never heard of since.

Edited by radzi

I think that Boeing 737-200 Transmile Air Service with White Color Livery ???

After the ramp visit, Frank and I was at runway 15, touch down point.

"Transmile 90 Tango"  executing some touch and go's for endorsement flight.

I remember slamming MH 777 in Johor Bharu years ago for my initial real aircraft training flight...same goes with this Transmile MD-11...

user posted image

9363[/snapback]

TK, thanks for not uploading the picture including the MD11 and myself... rolleyes.gif Frank

Here is the details on the new rego of 9M-TGB...

VH-DHF

Power Driven Aeroplane with tricycle-retractable landing gear

3 Turbofan engines

Manufacturer: THE BOEING COMPANY

Model: 727-2F2A/F

Serial number: 22998

Aircraft first registered in Australia: 16 August 2005

Registration holder as of 16 August 2005

TRANSMILE AIR SERVICES SDN BHD

Abdul A212 Shar Airport Subang

SELANGOR DARUL EHSAN 47000

MALAYSIA

Registered operator as of 16 August 2005

ASIAN EXPRESS AIRLINES PTY. LIMITED

PO Box 101

MASCOT NSW 1460

AUSTRALIA

i saw this transmile plane in subang airport few days ago....but im not sure whether is this one anot...haha i wanted take the picture while i was in the car bur din bring my camera...lol

Sign in to follow this