4. Munich Airport 3

5. Kuala Lumpur Int'l Airport 6

6. Zurich Airport 8

7. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport 11

8. Vancouver Int'l Airport 15

9. Kansai Int'l Airport 4

10. Madrid Barajas Airport 22

some 'kejutan ZZZZZ...'

It comes with no susprise and i actually been to HKIA & Incheon too and to me these are the best airport i ever been. Look the traffic, then number of passegers, duty free shops and the facilities that they offer...it's simply tip top. Another thing to note is that the clealiness of the toilets, which unlike KLIA which needs better maintanance on the washroom, especially the tiles and hygiene is concern.

I think Incheon is better, the ambiance is great, atmosphere, slightly above HKG, but their futuristic airport train is nth u can beat out there. Sad that last month I used, it only end at Gimpo...........further extension to Seoul station will finish 2009 iirc.

Edited by Seth K

Europe airports is catching up.....

Maybe, but four of top five airports are in Asia. Will take some beating.

What new airports that are being built are likely to get into the top 10 inthe next five years? Any guesses?

Geoff

I suspect Singapore's Changi will be up the top once 1st and 2nd position once they open the new Terminal 3 ;)

Terminal 2 in Changi looks a bit tired.

I suspect Singapore's Changi will be up the top once 1st and 2nd position once they open the new Terminal 3 ;)

Terminal 2 looks ok what... the upgrade was very nice and lasting.. Terminal 1 OTOH... sucks.......... so retro!

I think you mean the ceiling of landside at T2 has been upgraded? IMHO, the airside hasn't changed very much since the 1990s.

Actually you are right about Changi T1, Sandeep. ;) Lets hope they will get retrofitted after the opening of T3.

Any idea what happened to Bkk Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Been through that airport a couple more times than I'd have liked. Simply put - I now try to avoid Suvarnabhumi unless actually visiting BKK. Not surprised that it's not in the top 10.

Changi has been sucessfully maintained as the world's tip top airport even though the building is not that advance....so i see no doubt thatChangi will once been awarded with the crown upon completion of its T3.. :rolleyes:

Changi has been sucessfully maintained as the world's tip top airport even though the building is not that advance....

OTOH it's one of the world's most efficient airports. HKIA may be nice to look at with fabulous CX lounges but immigration queues are significantly longer than Changi's. And the amazing thing is that even with little or no immigration queues at SIN, your bags are already on the baggage carousel when you get there. A few friends of mine have tried to outrun their bags but have been unsuccessful thus far. ;)

Edited by Keith T

No doubt it's an efficient airport that had enable them to gain the world's best airport for the presvious years...what i mean is the design and airport may not seems that advance if compare to HKIA :rolleyes:

Been through that airport a couple more times than I'd have liked. Simply put - I now try to avoid Suvarnabhumi unless actually visiting BKK. Not surprised that it's not in the top 10.

is it that bad? i can only experience BKK later next month..so i cant wait to witness myself the 'bare concrete' at the airport..heheh

is it that bad? i can only experience BKK later next month..so i cant wait to witness myself the 'bare concrete' at the airport..heheh

Do you really want us to spoil the surprise for you? ;)

These bits of my Dec06 TR might interest you in that case - I was connecting at BKK:

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4256

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index....ost&p=92670

For arrival - do expect long immigration queues (especially during peak times), slow baggage reclaim (or immigration lines can be so long that ur bags will have appeared long before you arrive), and plenty of taxi touts. To get a legitimate taxi, you have to go down one level from the arrivals hall and you can expect to pay no more than THB400. That figure includes a THB50 service fee.

Edited by Keith T

Do you really want us to spoil the surprise for you? ;)

These bits of my Dec06 TR might interest you in that case - I was connecting at BKK:

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4256

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index....ost&p=92670

For arrival - do expect long immigration queues (especially during peak times), slow baggage reclaim (or immigration lines can be so long that ur bags will have appeared long before you arrive), and plenty of taxi touts. To get a legitimate taxi, you have to go down one level from the arrivals hall and you can expect to pay no more than THB400. That figure includes a THB50 service fee.

thanks for the TR and the tips dude...i'll be looking forward to 'experience' BKK :rolleyes:

Changi indeed improved alot. while KLIA... dont deserve to be in that list...

Yes KLIA has not done much over the past few years....duty free shops still the same...basically most of the thing reain unchanged., a very unutilised airport especially the contact pier. :rolleyes:

..... even with little or no immigration queues at SIN, your bags are already on the baggage carousel when you get there. A few friends of mine have tried to outrun their bags but have been unsuccessful thus far. ;)

Perhaps our experience last year must have been a one off then. Arrived on Thai Air Asia at SIN (T1 I think), managed to browse a bit at duty free shops, got through immigration and still had to wait for our baggage at carousel. Any other airport and it's no less than is expected, but at super duper efficient SIN, it's scandalous ! :)

Perhaps our experience last year must have been a one off then. Arrived on Thai Air Asia at SIN (T1 I think), managed to browse a bit at duty free shops, got through immigration and still had to wait for our baggage at carousel. Any other airport and it's no less than is expected, but at super duper efficient SIN, it's scandalous ! :)

Shocking! What's the world coming to?!

OTOH I hope you went to buy the lottery that day. ;)

Edited by Keith T

Shocking! What's the world coming to?!

OTOH I hope you went to buy the lottery that day. ;)

Nah, I took it as one of life's occassional blessing - we were to be picked up by my brother in law and the wife was quite anxious we did not inconvenienced them by keep them waiting ! :)

Do they have lotteries in 'squeecky clean, holier than thou' Singapore ? Never mind, we arrived late evening and the state my digestive system was in at that particular point in my life, I wouldn't have cared less if I had struck the jackpot !! :)

Sign in to follow this