MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Yohan

my cover letter

Hi guys, need you guys to help comment on my cover letter.... B)

Mohd Yohan Bin Ibrahim,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singapore Airlines.

(yet to find their reqruitment address) 17 July 2007

Dear Sir,

Application for Singapore Airlines Cadet Pilot Recruitment

As mention above, I Mohd Yohan Bin Ibrahim, IC No. 82xxxx-xx-xxxx would like to apply for Singapore Airlines sponsorship for a cadet pilot as stated in the website of Singapore Airlines.

2. Of particular note to you and your selection team, I am a Malaysian of the age of 25 and i have attained all credits in my Sijil Pelajaran Singapore (SPM), inclusive of Bahasa Singapore. Further, in conformity to you company's specific academic requirements, I have scored 15Aggregate for the 1999 SPM, A1 in Mathematics and C5 in Physics. I'm also a Bachelor Degree holder of Computer Science(Hons) from University of Malaya(CGPA 3.0/4.0)

3. Additionally, I have also i have also undergone the requisite eye check-up which verifies that my visual acuity standards are within your company's as well as the aviation standards criteria. On a different note, my background and education have equipped me with a high standard of physical and mental fitness as well as trained me to become a reliable and astute decision maker, a responsible team player and an unyielding character on the whole.

4. Moreover, due to the profound interest and passion that I have towards this line of work, I have grown to become familiar and quite conversant on the world of aviation and aircrafts. Above and beyond that, I am very well prepared to pledge my full commitment and loyalty to the Airlines in the event that I am accepted. I would truly value a chance to undergo the selection process and to sit for an interview with the respective persons.

I submit that my personality and qualifications are at an excellent match to the requirements of your company. My resume is enclosed for your thorough reference.

Thank You,

Respectfully,

Mohd Yohan Ibrahim

and i have attained all credits in my Sijil Pelajaran Singapore (SPM), inclusive of Bahasa Singapore.

Thank You,

Respectfully,

Mohd Yohan Ibrahim

Careful when using Microsoft Word's Search and Replace function my dear boy. :pardon: :rofl:

Wish you best of luck,Yohan.But you must be extremely careful when preparing the cover letter.

ummmm...i don't remember writting a cover letter to them asides a letter of recommendation from the company that i was working for and my CV.=)

i think the best, asides from elaborating to them what you have done n etc.you just have to attached those certified true documents along with your CV and the SIA application form.the best would be with a recommendation letter.i wrote in that way and it did work for me.=)

just my 2 cents.

Yohan, I hope that's just a draft. Numerous language errors and sentence over-runs there. Needs some editing here and there.

Good luck on your application.

I think its better for you to apply online..

They prefer online application for faster processing..

Then you will only need to fill the form.. You can upload your cv anyway.. Then they will extract the important info..

Yohan, I hope that's just a draft. Numerous language errors and sentence over-runs there. Needs some editing here and there.

Good luck on your application.

Dear Sir,

As mentioned above, I Mohd Yohan Bin Ibrahim, IC No. 82xxxx-xx-xxxx would like to apply for Singapore Airlines sponsorship for a cadet pilot as stated in the website of Singapore Airlines.

2. Of particular note to you and your selection team, I am a Malaysian citizen of the age of 25 and I have attained all credits in my Sijil Pelajaran Singapore (SPM), inclusive of Bahasa Singapore. Further, in conformity to your company's specific academic requirements, I have scored 15Aggregate for the 1999 SPM, A1 in Mathematics and C5 in Physics. I'm also a Bachelor Degree holder of Computer Science(Hons) from University of Malaya(CGPA 3.0/4.0)

3. Additionally, I have also i have also (= double and should be deleted) undergone the requisite eye check-up which verifies that my visual acuity standards are within your company's as well as the aviation standards criteria. On a different note, my background and education have equipped me with a high standard of physical and mental fitness as well as trained me to become a reliable and astute decision maker, a responsible team player and an unyielding character on the whole.

4. Moreover, due to the profound interest and passion that I have towards this line of work, I have grown to become familiar and quite conversant on the world of aviation and aircrafts (no s here: one aircraft/six aircraft). Above and beyond that, I am very well prepared to pledge my full commitment and loyalty to the Airlines in the event that I am accepted. I would truly value a chance to undergo the selection process and to sit for an interview with the respective persons.

I submit that my personality and qualifications are at an excellent match to the requirements of your company. My resume is enclosed for your thorough reference.

Thank You,

Respectfully,

Mohd Yohan Ibrahim

Let me help you a little, Yohan, what I found is highlighted....Maybe, Ewan can help you textually ;)

thanks guys for your comments.....really appreciate it.....sorry because i was away. I went to SIA training centre to attend a relative's stewardess graduation ceremony on Wednesday...btw, I’ve deleted the part of the eye sight since I've yet to do any checkups.........was thinking in putting something in no 3..........hmmm........btw, FYI I'm applying online. there’s one part we have to fill all the details. then next there is this cover letter with I’ve yet to upload...my updated cover letter........any more mistakes............ :help: still to get the SIA address....hmm

Mohd Yohan Bin Ibrahim,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singapore Airlines. 17 July 2007

Dear Sir,

As mentioned above, I Mohd Yohan Bin Ibrahim, IC No. 82xxxx-xx-xxxx would like to apply for Singapore Airlines sponsorship for a cadet pilot as stated in the website of Singapore Airlines.

2. Of particular note to you and your selection team, I am a Malaysian citizen of the age of 25 and I have attained all credits in my Sijil Pelajaran Singapore (SPM), inclusive of Bahasa Singapore. Further, in conformity to your company's specific academic requirements, I have scored 15Aggregate for the 1999 SPM, A1 in Mathematics and C5 in Physics. I'm also a Bachelor Degree holder of Computer Science (Hons) from University of Malaya (CGPA 3.0/4.0)

3. Additionally my background and education have equipped me with a high standard of physical and mental fitness as well as trained me to become a reliable and astute decision maker, a responsible team player and an unyielding character on the whole.

4. Moreover, due to the profound interest and passion that I have towards this line of work, I have grown to become familiar and quite conversant on the world of aviation and aircraft. Above and beyond that, I am very well prepared to pledge my full commitment and loyalty to the Airlines in the event that I am accepted. I would truly value a chance to undergo the selection process and to sit for an interview with the respective persons.

Thank You,

Respectfully,

Mohd Yohan Ibrahim

********************************************************************************

today i checked my email and they showed me this......i don't remember pressing the submit button but maybe it automaticly submits after i press the next button which im viewing the Cover Letter Upload page....

Dear Mohd Yohan,

Thank you for submitting your resume. It has been added to our database and should a suitable position become available we will contact you.

Keep your login and password for future reference.

:pardon:

found this address,

HR Recruitment (Technical Aircrew),

Singapore Airlines Limited,

c/o MDC (01-C),

SIA Training Centre,

720 Upper Changi Road East,

SINGAPORE.

just to say all the best to you :)

I hope and dream to be one. Too bad, I am far from my dream.

thanks mate.....im turning 25 this december....well i guess better late then never....... ;)

I have attained all credits in my Sijil Pelajaran Singapore (SPM), inclusive of Bahasa Singapore.

You did not change these. :pardon:

i hope its your letter as mentioned by sri ramani - if its not, plagiarism is a serious offence. Just hope that no one else wrote the same letter to them!

What's Bahasa Singapore?

Bahasa Malaysia actually ... Which is also Singapore national language (they call it Bahasa Melayu, using Malaysian Bahasa Malaysia standard).

LOL Isaac, I know that actually. My point was, he didn't actually send in the cover letter intact as is did he?

anyone know any advertisement put on malaysia news paper recently for the SIA cadet pilot? Im also wait on the second intake this year

my advice to anyone here that wants to join SIA as a cadet pilot is not to just wait only for when the positions are advertised in local press - it is an ONGOING recruitment drive, and usually, advertising in Malaysia only announces locations for walk-in interviews.

Proceed online to SIA's corporate website and do all the e-application there. Don't bother with hard copies to SIA STC in Upper Changi Road as they will write you a nice email saying to submit ALL the same documents online.

The benefit of this is that when they do organise interviews in Penang, KL etc, they already have your names shortlisted from the web applications and have already been through all your documentation and you will be given a place in the interview in Malaysia - and stand a higher chance - this is what happened for me. If you don't hear from them and you have submitted docs online, then when they have walk-in interviews, go in and show the panel what you're made of and tell them you've applied online - then they'll go back re-look at your documents and voila - you may be lucky! "It's always nice to put a face with a name".

So give it a go, don't sit and wait to send in your e-application! After that, you may sit, wait and dream until they reply - and prepare to do so for up to 6 months!

Let's increase the presence of MWingers over here at SFC!!! :)

LOL Isaac, I know that actually. My point was, he didn't actually send in the cover letter intact as is did he?

:lol: ok

i've seen the same cover letter in another forum..hopefully it belongs to you...

i hope its your letter as mentioned by sri ramani - if its not, plagiarism is a serious offence. Just hope that no one else wrote the same letter to them!

I think he did............................:huh:

Hi guys,

first of all thanks for the comments.

1) I'm sorry for the misunderstandings here, I admit that this cover letter was copied from (craven@flydamnit) and I did ask permission from the owner to use his letter via Private Message(and he was ok with it <-seriously I didnt make this up)...my opologies to everyone here :sorry: The letter is just still draff mode. I didnt use it. Hope this will clear things up and not put a bad name on me.... :sorry:

2) On the other hand, I didnt send the cover letter with my SIA online application. I'm only planning to use the cover letter for postal purpose only..meaning I apply via net and also via mail....but I don't know what propper letter to be attach...I guess I was just thinking/searching of ideas in the first place.....

regards,

M.Yohan

Sign in to follow this