MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ibrahim

A Visit to Batu Pahat Airstrip.

Wanna Share the pics of my recent visit to Batu Pahat Airstrip on an only airstrip in Perlis.. and now it already

lost in maps.. not active anymore. this airstrip locate at the rural area of Batu Pahat about 15km away from Kangar town.

Use to organize the air carnival before once in two years i think. the only place to see a aircraft here in perlis before

because we don't have airport here. there are also Air Scout base there before.. not it not active anymore...

Park my car at the road side, and enter the area. the airstrip is abandoned, before this they use it as paintball park. if i am not

wrong laaa.. a view of the main building..

58562861fj9.jpg

Dunno what it this... look like a house.. can hear the running water from it bathroom.. Scary woooh~!!!

46055444iz1.jpg

That Building use to be an aircraft hanger before... rusted buidling.

26740575mu8.jpg

This Crazy even got 'hangus' bus there.. should post this to Bus Galore thread at General Photography board.. hehehehe.

76856937qe1.jpg

Close view of the Hanger... control tower is near it.

54319534yt7.jpg

It realy a nice airstrip before.. with hilly terrain there it is a devider between us and Thailand.

17446431bf3.jpg

The road to the Runway... it locate in the middle of this grass field..

87293261ey0.jpg

It realy long grass...

59213624nb5.jpg

Close pics for the Hanger.. nothing left inside..

88272155te6.jpg

The Rusted tower... this is the last pics. because there are a crazy dog chase me away.. Apa lagi.. Run Brahim Run~!!!!

10pf0.jpg

Last and not less... The Harum Manis Manggo Orchard nearby.

11kf1.jpg

Edited by Ibrahim

Thanks for the pix, Pak Brahim.. :clapping:

MVPG was there for the 1st & 2nd Perlis Air Carnivals,

I think I've posted some pix in this forum a while back from

this airstrip.

The building in the first pix used to be an office for the airstrip...

and the hangar used to keep some ultralights belong to the

now defunct Perlis Youth group (Rakan Muda)... then taken over

by the Air Scout of some secondary schools in Perlis.

The runway was unique, part tarmac part grass... :D

I'll look for some old pix from the carnivals...

got them some where :search: :search:

BTW... first met Hazani here in Sg Bt Pahat, when he flew in the Alloutte from AOR ;)

:ninja: .........looks scary for me...can hear mysterious aircraft sound at night o not???? ^_^ ..........hehe

Very nice pictorial Ibrahim. And very sad to see Sg Batu Pahat airstrip in such conditions. some years ago, out of curiousity, I tried to find the place but to no avail. It is also quite far from any human settlement right? Anyway, the 'harum manis' manggo... A MUST TRY!!! Best in the world :clapping:

Edited by Fitri Shukri

There is the 2nd World War airstrip in Batu Pahat, Johor, now disused.

And then there is Sungai Batu Pahat airstrip in Perlis. Newer, less known. But there is one picture in A.net there.

Harum manis? Among the best mango in the world. But I have to balik kampung to taste it. Not available in Klang Valley area, to my knowledge, at any price.

Oh, my pet peeve.

Hanger: the one you use to hang your clothes

Hangar: where you keep and repair aeroplanes.

:sorry:

:ninja: .........looks scary for me...can hear mysterious aircraft sound at night o not???? ^_^ ..........hehe

from Ghost of Japanese Army Kamikaze Fighter Jet... :blink:

Edited by Jessnor Arif

Thanks for the pix, Pak Brahim.. :clapping:

MVPG was there for the 1st & 2nd Perlis Air Carnivals,

I think I've posted some pix in this forum a while back from

this airstrip.

The building in the first pix used to be an office for the airstrip...

and the hangar used to keep some ultralights belong to the

now defunct Perlis Youth group (Rakan Muda)... then taken over

by the Air Scout of some secondary schools in Perlis.

The runway was unique, part tarmac part grass... :D

I'll look for some old pix from the carnivals...

got them some where :search: :search:

BTW... first met Hazani here in Sg Bt Pahat, when he flew in the Alloutte from AOR ;)

I still keep the pictures .. :spiteful:

Too bad Mr.Kapitan pics is not there, only his co-pilot ..

Thanks for sharing the photos. Brings back the WWII feeling.

I read this book "Bloody Shambles Vol 1" which detailed the air operations over South East Asia up to the fall of Singapore. There are lots of references to action from by RAF from aerodromes in Malaya, some (or maybe all) still exists today.... can anyone confirm?? Alor Star, Sungei Patani, Butterworth, Taiping, Ipoh, Kluang - and on the eastern side - Kota Bharu, Gong Kedah, Kuantan.

Anyone here into WWII aviation history?

Ibrahim,

Thanks for the photos. Very interesting paintings on the mystery building and hangar...

As for the tower.... wonder if it housed a machine gun and was covered by sandbags all around.....

Guys,

Sorry to dissappoint you all. Sg Batu Pahat airstrip is relatively young; build around the 80s if I'm not mistaken. No WW2 history there.

Guys,

Sorry to dissappoint you all. Sg Batu Pahat airstrip is relatively young; build around the 80s if I'm not mistaken. No WW2 history there.

** Poppp ** Dang... there goes my Tenko imagination hahhahahahah!

Thanks for sharing the photos. Brings back the WWII feeling.

Alor Star, Sungei Patani, Butterworth, Taiping, Ipoh, Kluang - and on the eastern side - Kota Bharu, Gong Kedah, Kuantan.

Anyone here into WWII aviation history?

AFAIK

Alor Star- active(TUDM[PC7] and civil operations), Sungei Patani-not sure, Butterworth-active (TUDM Airbase-base for Hornets), Taiping-active (small plane airstrip), Ipoh -alive (civilian), Kluang - active (Army Air Corp) and on the eastern side - Kota Bharu-active (civilian), Gong Kedak- active (TUDM- base for Sukhoi), Kuantan-active (TUDM and civilian-base for MIG29 and Hawk).

WWII? Everything, aviation, naval and land forces.....

Sorry for being a bit off topic.

I think Sg petani is still being used by some helicopters and parajumping by the security forces. Not exactly sure though.

Batu Pahat, the one in Johor, is no longer active but still can be seen from the air. It was a Brewster Buffalo base during the Japanese invasion. Needless to say they were no match for the Zeros.

** Poppp ** Dang... there goes my Tenko imagination hahhahahahah!

don't write anything about WWII up there.. ekekekeke.. it look like WWII airfield kaaa..

Kapitan sorry spelling error there. :sorry:

Btw. I should add Sungai infront of Batu Pahat. now dah Confius. :help:

don't write anything about WWII up there.. ekekekeke.. it look like WWII airfield kaaa..

Kapitan sorry spelling error there. :sorry:

Btw. I should add Sungai infront of Batu Pahat. now dah Confius. :help:

Orang Perelih tau la, mana ada batu pahat lain.

AFAIK

Alor Star- active(TUDM[PC7] and civil operations), Sungei Patani-not sure, Butterworth-active (TUDM Airbase-base for Hornets), Taiping-active (small plane airstrip), Ipoh -alive (civilian), Kluang - active (Army Air Corp) and on the eastern side - Kota Bharu-active (civilian), Gong Kedak- active (TUDM- base for Sukhoi), Kuantan-active (TUDM and civilian-base for MIG29 and Hawk).

WWII? Everything, aviation, naval and land forces.....

I dont know if any of you guys know this... but there an airstrip in Terendak Camp in Melaka where Malaysian Paratroopers Batalion situated

Batu Pahat, the one in Johor, is no longer active but still can be seen from the air. It was a Brewster Buffalo base during the Japanese invasion. Needless to say they were no match for the Zeros.

Just a few years back, there were a few ultralights based there offering joyrides.

Kids used to fly kites there with a few people flying RC planes. Not sure what is the condition of the airstrip now as I haven't been there for a while. :sorry: