MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
FK Wong

Govt Urged To Monitor AirAsia's Flight Safety

Guys, lets clear this out.

To save a few ringgit AK does not use AEROBRIDGE. They, however, still have to use the ILS. The pilots have the option not to use it, but that will not lower their navigation charges.

Think of the pilot, they also fear dead, so I think they won't play with their life... And it's gonna be a BIG BIG news if something really happened...

But as for the aerobridge, they will still use it sometimes though, everytime for my flight to MYY and if it's raining, they will use the aerobridge! I don't know what is the case in other places though.

Ok...ok... sorry, I was being sarcastic a bit... hope not offending anybody,

If I did... I'm so sorry. (There's no such phraseology as mentioned above..

I just made it up)

:sorry:

I'm sure most airlines... especially the new ones, are CATII certified at least,

or at least ILS equiped.... So, if the radio beacons are there (in ILS/Localizer equiped airports)

they can always tune to them, I'm sure these help the pilots even on visuals.

These facilities are there to lower down the risks of approaching and landing phases,

and they don't come with price tags...

Even small single-engine two-seater aircraft can be equiped and use the facilities.

Aerobridge comes with price tag... 'cos its an added convenience on top of steel stairs. :pardon:

It appears that some people feel Air Asia has no right to exist, and perpetually condemn the airline for unknown reasons. Air Asia has created jobs for many, opportunities for people in travel and tourism industries, and certainly great fares for all.

People may be critical of AK, but eventually they fly AK anyway.

I have a feeling of this too. Many here have sympathy towards Malaysia Airlines eventhough it is not a performer in the past, while many sees Air Asia as nothing other than a profit hungry company. This is also reflects the very problem of our country and mentality.

Just like Ryanair ! :rofl: Actually there isn't much difference between MH & AK on routes such as BKI/TWU, BKI/SDK, BKI/MYY, KUL/JHB, KUL/PEN, KUL/AOR, KUL/TGG, KUL/KBR and KUL/KUA. Given the cheap fares of AK on these routes, i wouldn't mind flying with them. After all these flights are just less than 1 hour. But for longer flight like BKI/KUL, i would prefer something more. Like better legroom, complimentary meal and IFE !! Yes, IFE !! :lol:

I remember when QF created JQ (Jetstar), QF brought back international standard hot meals on selected domestic trunk routes and also introduced better meals on flights less than 1 hour. I hope MAS will also do this. QF domestic also have some sorts of IFE playing. Even musics will be very good for MAS 1 hour flight.

Edited by Isaac

But as for the aerobridge, they will still use it sometimes though, everytime for my flight to MYY and if it's raining, they will use the aerobridge! I don't know what is the case in other places though.

At PEN, do not fear the sun nor the rain nor the birds (birdstrike on ppl :blink: ). they use aerobridge ALL THE TIMES... ask Pieter if u dont believe it...

It appears that some people feel Air Asia has no right to exist, and perpetually condemn the airline for unknown reasons. Air Asia has created jobs for many, opportunities for people in travel and tourism industries, and certainly great fares for all.

Same goes with Malaysia Airlines..... Some people think Malaysia Airlines will never be profitable despite the facts MH posting 3rd consecutive quarter of profit.

At PEN, do not fear the sun nor the rain nor the birds (birdstrike on ppl :blink: ). they use aerobridge ALL THE TIMES... ask Pieter if u dont believe it...

Here at BKI (T2), do fear the sun, the rain and the birds (birdstrike on ppl :blink: ). they don't have any aerobridge ALL THE TIMES... ask Pieter if u dont believe it... :p

Correction. In PEN they park in front of the aerobridge. Passangers still have to use the stairs.

But not using the aerobridge doesn't make the airline less safe. :pardon: Unless somebody trip down the stairs, of course. :clapping:

Correction. In PEN they park in front of the aerobridge. Passangers still have to use the stairs.

But not using the aerobridge doesn't make the airline less safe. :pardon: Unless somebody trip down the stairs, of course. :clapping:

Yes... this report from Jon & Kevin HuHaHuHa PEN confirmed that...

Here at BKI (T2), do fear the sun, the rain and the birds (birdstrike on ppl :blink: ). they don't have any aerobridge ALL THE TIMES... ask Pieter if u dont believe it... :p

:rofl:

People may be critical of AK, but eventually they fly AK anyway

Here! Here!

So many people are quick to jump on AK's back, and find the smallest of flaws in everyone and everything to do with company. For what they charge vs service on board, AK would be up there with the best in the world, and people seem to forget this.

It certainly reminds me of when Virgin Blue first started in Australia, people used to complain because they paid far less and got far less, very stupid!

AirAsia should be congratulated not ridiculed for what they have done for not only Malaysia, but for the rest of Asia and soon with AK-X the rest of the world. I'm sure with rising operating costs, etc fares would be on the up and up, but because of their fierce competition, Now Everyone Can Fly (sorry couldn't resist)

But they do provide umbrellas :good:

Look at my input at the Flight Logbook section for the score on AK, versus the other airlines I've flown :pardon:

Sign in to follow this