MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Andrew David

Firefly is flying ..

Whoaaa GAvin bro, she's a beauty I must say... good that Mwingers caught it buzzling on taxiway too.. more Gavin, show us how Firefly flies... :clapping: :clapping:

I use to get bored over Fokker traffic once ago in kch, but seeing new colours added to all these veterans, makes me miss em soooo much... <_>

Great effort and great shots Gavin. Love the colours of the F50.

Might be a regular on Fireflyz, especially the PEN-KBR route... balik kampung isteriku...

i not too sure about this firefly thing..but look like another FAX for me......somemore what i can see is MAS is doin this LCC stuff....i am confuse...but nvm...as long as they do good for malaysian aviation....means pretty much okay...

Great effort and great shots Gavin. Love the colours of the F50.

Might be a regular on Fireflyz, especially the PEN-KBR route... balik kampung isteriku...

Fitri, it's beneficial for you! Now you don't have to trvel hours long just to balik kampung isterimu... :lol:

Now I can go to the East Coast pretty quickly which I previously had only been once! :yahoo:

I woder if FY can do AOR-KBR in the future. According to some people in AOR, there are about 10-20 full load of busses per day from Alor Star to Kota Baru. Surely there will be some people who would rather go a little bit faster.

Also, do you think it is feasible to link smaller towns like KBR-KUA, TGG-JHB etc.? And IPH-JHB, anyone?

Edited by Radzi

here some pictures of Firefly on the Dutch airnews website:

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/pictures/firefly/

Destinations flown according to the article are:

Kota Bharu, Kuala Terangganu, Kuantan and Langkawi, and in Thailand: Phuket and Samui.

Possible new destinations in the future can be: Bandar Aceh and/or Medan in Indonesia.

I woder if FY can do AOR-KBR in the future. According to some people in AOR, there are about 10-20 full load of busses per day from Alor Star to Kota Baru. Surely there will be some people who would rather go a little bit faster.

Also, do you think it is feasible to link smaller towns like KBR-KUA, TGG-JHB etc.? And IPH-JHB, anyone?

Yes, I think AOR-KBR would be good as you mentioned there are load-full of buses for that route. The other reason is that I think it is good to establish connection that is fast and affordable between towns (cities) not previously available. This is to encourage travel and making geographic (physical and social) knowledge readily available first hand to many (students in particular). One way to advance a nation is to increase the knowledge and exposure of its people.

here some pictures of Firefly on the Dutch airnews website:

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/pictures/firefly/

Destinations flown according to the article are:

Kota Bharu, Kuala Terangganu, Kuantan and Langkawi, and in Thailand: Phuket and Samui.

Possible new destinations in the future can be: Bandar Aceh and/or Medan in Indonesia.

This Story and Pictures were supplied by 'our very own' Levent Bergkotte :drinks:

Nicely written article, Levent; the photos were already well known to all of us here :lol:

Yes, I think AOR-KBR would be good as you mentioned there are load-full of buses for that route. The other reason is that I think it is good to establish connection that is fast and affordable between towns (cities) not previously available. This is to encourage travel and making geographic (physical and social) knowledge readily available first hand to many (students in particular). One way to advance a nation is to increase the knowledge and exposure of its people.

We have to thank AirAsia for "now everyone can fly"... once ordinary folks who would have never flown have tasted flying... they are now more open to the idea of taking the air than the road... even if it means spending much more than taking the "Transnasional" or the "Konsortium" buses.

I believe with more promotion, Firefly can go even further... not limit to PEN only as the hub. There are potentials for IPH to be the second hub and count in Melacca Batu Berendam also for a PEN-Melacca.

Edited by Fitri Shukri

Sign in to follow this