MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

LCCT in a mess today 121206

AK/LCCT in a mess today. Story in Malay - apologies to non-Malay readers. :pardon:

Gist:

1) 28 flights delayed - between 1 and 5 hours.

2) Among destinations affected: Solo, Surabaya, Denpasar, Jakarta, Siem Reap, Phuket, Bangkok, Bandar Sri Begawan, Kota Baru, Labuan, Kuching, Kota Kinabalu, Labuan, Bintulu, Sandakan, Miri, Tawau, Sibu, Penang.

3) One flight to Langkawi cancelled.

4) FID out of service.

5) Delays due to 3 B737s with technical problems.

Btw my recent SDK-KUL flight was delayed by 3 hrs due to technical fault with 9M-AAH. I guess the old B734s are getting worn out by now ... the just-watched Helios story on Discovery comes to mind. :blink:

LCCT huru-hara, 28 penerbangan tertunda

13-12-2006 12:17:57 AM

Oleh GEETHA KRISHNAN

SEPANG: Keadaan di Terminal Penerbangan Tambang Murah (LCCT) hari ini huru-hara apabila 28 penerbangan ditunda.

Penundaan itu menyebabkan penumpang ke beberapa destinasi mengalami kelewatan penerbangan antara satu hingga lima jam.

LCCT-1212a.jpg

Penumpang keletihan, menunggu berjam-jam, dalam keadaan bersesak-sesak. (foto The Star oleh Rohaizat Md Darus)

Satu penerbangan ke Langkawi pula dibatalkan.

Orang ramai kelihatan duduk bersila di lantai dan duduk di atas troli sementara menunggu penerbangan masing-masing.

Antara penerbangan ke destinasi luar negara yang terlibat termasuk penerbangan ke Solo, Surabaya, Denpasar dan Jakarta (di Indonesia), ke Siem Reap (Kemboja), Phuket dan Bangkok (Thailand) dan penerbangan ke Bandar Sri Begawan (Brunei).

Penerbangan ke destinasi dalam negeri seperti Kota Baru, Labuan, Kuching, Kota Kinabalu, Labuan, Bintulu, Sandakan, Miri, Tawau, Sibu dan Pulau Pinang turut terjejas.

Tambah memburukkan lagi keadaan, papan notis elektronik tidak berfungsi menyebabkan orang ramai semakin bingung.

LCCT-1212b.jpg

Papan notis bertulisan tangan menggantikan papan elektronik jadual penerbangan yang tidak berfungsi. (foto The Star)

Sementara itu, di kaunter AirAsia, tidak jawapan memuaskan diberikan mengenai sebab masa penerbangan-penerbangan itu terpaksa diubah.

Seorang penumpang dari Brunei, Pengiran Mat Salleh berkata penerbangannya dari Kota Baru ke LCCT tertangguh selama dua jam.

"Di terminal ini pula, kami diberitahu bahawa penerbangan kami ke Bandar Sri Begawan juga telah ditunda selama tiga jam," katanya sambil duduk bersila di lantai terminal bersama anaknya yang berumur lima tahun.

LCCT-1212d.jpg

Mana-mana pun jadi, asalkan hilang penat! (foto The Star oleh Sam Tham)

Seorang lagi penumpang yang hanya dikenali sebagai Yee berkata, beliau tidak tahan lagi dengan kelewatan penerbangan AirAsia yang kerap dialaminya.

"Ini adalah kali ketiga kami mengalami kelewatan seperti ini. Kali ini penerbangan kami ke Miri yang sepatutnya berlepas pada 4.20 petang ditunda ke 7.40 petang.

"Kami duduk di atas troli berjam-jam lamanya kerana tidak ada tempat duduk," katanya, yang sepatunya terbang ke Miri bersama isteri dan anak lelakinya yang berumur lapan tahun.

Don Farrel yang kerap mengembara berkata beliau membayar RM220 bagi tiket untuk ke Langkawi kerana mahukan penerbangan pada 11 pagi, namum ia telah ditunda ke 3.45 petang.

"AirAsia sepatutnya menyediakan kupon makanan kepada penumpang yang terpaksa menunggu berjam-jam," katanya.

AirAsia mengakui terdapat penangguhan penerbangan sejak dua hari lepas, didakwa berpunca daripada kesilapan teknikal pada tiga pesawatnya jenis Boeing.

"Langkah segera diambil untuk memeriksa secara terperinci dan membaikinya.

"Kerana keselamatan menjadi keutamaan kami, pesawat-pesawat itu diperiksa dua kali sebelum dibenarkan membawa penumpang. Maka, terdapat kelewatan dalam tempoh sehari dua ini," kata syarikat penerbangan itu dalam satu kenyataan hari ini.

Syarikat itu menambah, buat masa ini ia menerima "terlalu ramai" penumpang sehingga mencapai purata lebih 90% penuh bagi setiap pesawat.

"Setiap usaha diambil bagi memastikan penumpang kami boleh berlepas dengan penerbangan berikutnya ke destinasi masing-masing.

"Untuk mengurangkan kelambatan, penumpang-penumpang seboleh-bolehnya diberikan tempat pada hari yang sama. Kakitangan teknikal dan operasi kami sedang bertungkus-lumus untuk berbuat demikian dan mengurangkan kelewatan.

"Disember menjadi salah satu bulan yang paling sibuk bagi AirAsia," kenyataan itu dipetik.

AirAsia juga memohon maaf kepada semua penumpangnya berikutan masalah ini.

http://www.mstar.com.my/cms/content.jsp?id...e6f830-a01314e5

Edited by Naim

Would like to translate 2 interesting parts which I found on this news article:

One of the passanger - Yee said he can't stand with the frequent delays by AK, this is the 3rd delays for him and his Miri flight which is scheduled to depart at 4.20pm been re-timed to 7.40pm. He have to sit on the trolly for hours with his wife and 8 years old son.

Another frequent traveller Don Farrel (foreigner I guess) said he paid $220 for ticket to langkawi as he want the 11am flight but the flight has been delayed to 3.45pm. He said AK should provide meal voucher for passanger who have to wait for hours. (Seems like a lot of people still don't the idea of LCC and they expect to receive meal vouchers, hotel room etc in the event of delays and cancellations)

No wonder the LCCT has a whiteboard just in case the FID goes kaput. Perhaps it happens quite often.

But it is unfortunate that this should happen. If AK had announced what is actually causing the delays, I think some passengers will not be too upset, knowing that safety is a paramount concern.

5) Delays due to 3 B737s with technical problems.

Can anyone advise how many spare aircraft AK has available per day ?

He have to sit on the trolly for hours with his wife and 8 years old son.

Even though it's a LCCT, MAHB should facilitate more seating !!! It's deploring to see, people have to sit on trolleys and/or fences (like shown on the pictures) for up to 5 hours :o

Refering to Planespotters.net the oldest 737 for Airasia, PK-AWT was delivered to USAir at 27 Nov 1985. Others range around 15-20 years.

Isn't AK replacing all of their B733s with their 100 A320s? :huh:

Edited by Andrew Ong

Isn't AK replacing all of their B733s with their 100 A320s? :huh:

Yup, but progressively.. they ain't all coming at once.

Pieter, I believe AK usually has at least one a/c spare.. however, the often are stretched and perhaps on this day had none at all.

WRT FIDS being down and lack of chairs - the terminal is owned and operated by MAHB - not AirAsia as seems to be the concencus of some here. Whilst AK is the primary operator, they are not required to buy chairs for pax - although I'm sure they are petitioning MAHB to do so.

Some delay also occured a day before this big delay day. My sister who usually fly MAS, was stranded on Sunday for her flight to BKI... Her flight was delayed for nearly six hours. I really pity her.

I don't agree with the concept 'you get what you paid for'. Being transparent and honest shouldn't be measured by how much was paid by the passengers. Even if the passengers paid RM0.99 for the flight, AK should be more informative to the stranded passengers as to the cause of the delays.

I'm sure after this incident, many passenger will requestion their decision to fly AK ever again.

Some delay also occured a day before this big delay day. My sister who usually fly MAS, was stranded on Sunday for her flight to BKI... Her flight was delayed for nearly six hours. I really pity her.

I don't agree with the concept 'you get what you paid for'. Being transparent and honest shouldn't be measured by how much was paid by the passengers. Even if the passengers paid RM0.99 for the flight, AK should be more informative to the stranded passengers as to the cause of the delays.

I'm sure after this incident, many passenger will requestion their decision to fly AK ever again.

Well actually the RM0.99 tix are a myth. You have to add RM80 (round-trip within peninsular) or RM130 (round-trip between peninsular and Sabah/Sarawak), to whatever the tix prices are. Have to pay even more for international flights + departure tax at foreign airports too. But hey, paying RM80.99 for KUL-KBR-KUL still beats riding the overnite expresses buses which charge more than RM60 for the round-trip. Not to mention maniacal drivers at the wheels!

To me, flying AK for leisure is OK. I can manage the occasional delays (I've been lucky thus far). Their SMS notifications are handy. Last Thursday I got my news about the 3-hr delay when I was still in my Sandakan hotel, so we had an additional 2 hours for sight-seeing. If you have important connections to make, or important events to attend better reconsider. Btw, I have 4 more AK/FAX flights in next 3 months, all for leisure. :rolleyes:

My friend arrived at 0330LT this morning from MYY... delayed by more than 3 hours (relatively fortunate)

But at that hour... I can't wait for him... SkyBus wasn't around.... Taxis would be making excuses

for higher fares... And he wasn't paying the "Standard RM0.99" either...

But since 1700 yesterday he has been sms'n me regarding any delay

since his neice supposed to take the 1900 flt was delayed to 2200...

(I bought the ticket for him)... So I told him... "No sms or email from AirAsia.. so shouldn't be any delay"

At 2000 (his flight was the 2140 MYY-KUL)... he sms'ed... Flight re-timed to 0100 :pardon:

Most probably the FID downed together with the email & sms system as well :sorry:

Take the train for leisurely delays! hee hee (shameless promo)

Edited by H Azmal

Most probably the FID downed together with the email & sms system as well :sorry:

Is AirAsia flt ops software tied into KLIA TAMS and subsequently FIDS??? I remember when I was doing work experience, with a fleet of 26 aircraft, all flt-ops and scheduling was co-ordinated on the day by using a white-board.. I wonder if that has changed since the move to KLIA LCCT?

Is AirAsia flt ops software tied into KLIA TAMS and subsequently FIDS??? I remember when I was doing work experience, with a fleet of 26 aircraft, all flt-ops and scheduling was co-ordinated on the day by using a white-board.. I wonder if that has changed since the move to KLIA LCCT?

Hehehe... the I was just being sarcastic with the statement... :pardon:

Hehehe... the I was just being sarcastic with the statement... :pardon:

hehehe oops :D my bad : :pardon:

Take the train for leisurely delays! hee hee (shameless promo)

Hehehe ... and the non-stop shaking and rhythmic swaying, and the music ... tat-tarat-tat ... tat-tarat-tat ... tat-tarat-tat ..., which can lull you to sleep, which is not a bad thing after all.

Malaysia should have embarked on a nationwide fast bullet-train type service on wide gauge 15-20 yrs ago rather than building monuments. :angry:

Sorry, OT.

But since 1700 yesterday he has been sms'n me regarding any delay

since his neice supposed to take the 1900 flt was delayed to 2200...

(I bought the ticket for him)... So I told him... "No sms or email from AirAsia.. so shouldn't be any delay"

At 2000 (his flight was the 2140 MYY-KUL)... he sms'ed... Flight re-timed to 0100 :pardon:

Yes, the SMS goes to the person who did the actual booking (where the hp# is requested). So the traveler(s) may not necessarily receive the SMS notifications. Poor soul(s). But so far the SMS thingy had worked for me.

Yes, the SMS goes to the person who did the actual booking (where the hp# is requested). So the traveler(s) may not necessarily receive the SMS notifications. Poor soul(s). But so far the SMS thingy had worked for me.

Yes.. I did the booking for him (included hp no), & I didn't receive any sms for this particular delay.. :angry:

To be fair... I've received at least one sms regarding delay out of ... er.. can't remember how many delays..

thru my bookings :blink:

Even though it's a LCCT, MAHB should facilitate more seating !!! It's deploring to see, people have to sit on trolleys and/or fences (like shown on the pictures) for up to 5 hours :o

WRT FIDS being down and lack of chairs - the terminal is owned and operated by MAHB - not AirAsia as seems to be the concencus of some here. Whilst AK is the primary operator, they are not required to buy chairs for pax - although I'm sure they are petitioning MAHB to do so.

That was exactly what I was referring to: MAHB should place more seats into the LCCT ;)

hehehe wasn't directed at you Pieter, but some (and plenty of people in the public domain) believe that this is AirAsia's responsibility. :D Sory for any misunderstanding ;)

Yes, the mess was bad !!!!

My flight from BKI to KUL on the 12th was delayed terribly!!!!

My flight was due to leave BKI at 2125hours but only took off

at 0220 hours the next day using an old B737 which was very

uncomfy and I had a bad ear ache due to the quick decent

or whatever reasons they have !!!

BKI terminal 2 is in a big mess too till they complete the terminal

building!!!!

As we used to say during the early days of KLIA operations, TAMS stands for Total Airport Mayhem System.

Oh oh, I've just purchased an Air Asia ticket....

Sign in to follow this