MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Thanks guys. MW brothers always a helpful lot. Seems my color is a little off on the Saudi. Sorry folks. Not up to the usual high standards here. Will improve on it. Cheers!

OK. Here is the improved version. Thanks for your patience and understanding. Still getting to grips with photo editing using iMac.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8579/mw02xz7.jpg

There's a slight pinkish hue on my screen. Will confirm in a bit after I do my weekly calibration. (Yup, still see the pinkish hue)

Will you be around any time between 5-23 July? The 9V spotters will be back in Singapore for winter recess. :rofl:

Edited by Jonathan Kong

One of my long cherished dreams is to see (and photograph) China Airlines' B747-400 in Dreamliner livery in Singapore. It finally happened this morning when B-18210 was operated in place of the Airbus A330-300 which normally services the Singapore - Taipei route.

A pity that double fencing along Changi Coast Road robbed us of the opportunity to take rotation shots . . . so I had to be contented with a climb-out shot.

mw-B-18210-2008-05-17-01Br-Dreamlin.jpg

KC Sim

17/05/08

BR sent in their A332 operating flt BR225 from Taipei. The aircraft, B-16311, is in plain livery. Surprisingly, she parked at the central apron (gate D32) in full view of the public today. BR does not normally park its aircraft at this cul-de-sac for reasons unknown.

CIMG_1076.jpg

17/5/08

I had the chance to observe what I believe to be the beginning of the end of Changi Viewing Mall (Central Apron Section) today. The writing was on the wall, rather the pile was in the ground.

CIMG_1038.jpg

The first pile has been driven in heralding the commencement of retrofitting work to the mall. The outcome will be a new mall with photographer unfriendly glass. Also the end of the beginning as the last section of the original mall is retrofitted.

Taiwanese flavour from Singapore today huh? Nice catch KC. Should have get my lazy bum off this morning instead.

Nick C, no idea what am I doing in July just yet.

Pinkish hue? Hmm....I need to recalibrate/reprofile my monitor this week. Thanks.

JA614A operating NRT-SIN this afternoon.

ja614a-17may.jpg

And also noticed somebody shooting with an XL long lens with a tripod on the beach.

stranger-on-the-beach.jpg

Edited by tsentsan

Here are the rest of the shots from this Saturday evening. All shot in golden lighting and dimming light. Hope I really get the colors right this time. Enjoy.

Another shot of Saudi from a different angle. Love the Rolls Royce engines.

mw100no0.jpg

My flying office. Golden sunshine on golden stripes. Not so good looking Rolls Royce without the badge.

mw130is7.jpg

Qantas Kangaroo hoping into Singapore in very late afternoon light. Olympic logo on engine cowlings. Any idea why? Official carrier for Australia National team? Isn't all national carriers their official carriers?

mw140gg4.jpg

Check out the Perth thread. When will these guys ever learn about doing it right in aviation. No offense to all the Indonesians, but something ought to be done about safety.

mw110pl4.jpg

No joy with hair dryers today. Numerical registration instead of alphabetical rego.

mw120by7.jpg

Hopefully weather is good tomorrow. Thanks for viewing.

LeeCH, your last series of photos looks dim on my uncalibrated laptop LCD.

BTW great shots u have there. Thanks for sharing

Qantas Kangaroo hoping into Singapore in very late afternoon light. Olympic logo on engine cowlings. Any idea why? Official carrier for Australia National team? Isn't all national carriers their official carriers?
Its GE that the Olympic Sponsor...they just hijacked the QF buses to make that fact known.

Nice catch of PR A333 with Filipino rego!!

Nice pics there :clapping:

Very nice pics indeed :-)

Saturday proved to be a great day for photography . . . the light was so good that even SIA's 74 B777s drew quite a lot of shutter counts whenever they approach over Changi Beach. One of the afternoon specials to arrive was Qatar Airways A330 with the red Asian Games livery.

mw-A7-AEG-2008-05-17-01Cr-AsianGame.jpg

Although many take e-Travel as common place, Garuda saw it fit to tout it as a major development . . . and placed quite a big sticker on its B737-300.

mw-PK-GGG-2008-05-17-01Cr-eTravel-A.jpg

ANA keeps us coming back to the beach day after day after day after day . . . knowing that we are waiting for the Panda. This day, it sent its Star Alliance aircraft and ensured that our pursuit of the Panda continues yet again.

mw-JA614A-2008-05-17-02Cr-StarAllia.jpg

Cathay Pacific Cargo sent its regular liveried B742F . . . all clean and very smart looking.

mw-B-HVZ-2008-05-17-02Cr-APS.jpg

Although news previously filtered out that Saudi Arabian Airlines was going to deploy the B777 to SIN, I am personally pleased that the B747-300s continue to ply the Jeddah-Singapore route. HZ-AIN arrived from Jakarta in great light.

mw-HZ-AIN-2008-05-17-01Cr-APS.jpg

KC Sim

9V guys: THANKS a lot for all your shots here !!! :drinks:

Golden light really nice and different :yahoo:

So no more Obs Deck in SIN soon ??? :blink: :blink: :angry:

China Airlines again provided a "sweet" start to the day by offering us a fruity A330-300. This morning departure is really good as it gives us at least one movement in potentially good light.

mw-B-18311-2008-05-18-01Cr-Sweet-SI.jpg

National Jet System was supposed to give us something to cheer about . . . in the form of a BAe146 from Christmas Island. It came in nice and bright and cheery . . . but on the wrong runway!!! No logical reason for it to come in on runway 20C but what a miss and a disappointment.

Wind direction sure wasn't the reason for the BAe146 going to the other runway . . . but a crow seems to be having a great time in the morning trying to mess around with the wind vane. Imagine someone trying to remotely read the wind direction and did not know that a bunch of crows were having fun with the wind vane.

mw-WindCrow-01Cv.jpg

mw-WindCrow-02Cv.jpg

As HoeJyh said, at least Asiana Cargo gave us something to cheer about . . . and I could not help adding a shot that looks totally similar to HoeJyh's. I simply love this livery (compared to the former Asiana livery).

mw-HL7413-2008-05-18-01Cr-APS.jpg

KC Sim

Colorful Asiana

Beautiful Dreamliner !!

Nice catch Hoe Jyh & Xuan Hao ! :good:

awesome stuff, Gents!

Hopefully you'll be able to catch the quadraphonic leafblower on its departure this morning! Its been a long time between visits for an NJS bird to Changi, and if you do get one, its usually our only RJ70 VH-NJT, not a dinki-di 146.

Air China sent in Beijing Olympic 2008 "Fu Wa" B738 last night. So glad that she parked at gate D32.

The SQ A380 in the background is without an engine.

DSC_5571_B-5176_MW.jpg

Taken on my way back to Sibu on 11/5 (Sunday).

3 airports in one frame - Seletar, Paya Lebar & Changi, so close to each other.

DSC_4335_mw.jpg

Overview of Changi, the new runway 20L/02R is on the left.

Also can be seen is SQ A380 berthing at T3 gate B4 & a plane is taking off from runway 20C.

DSC_4356_SIN_mw.jpg

Hope u guys enjoy.