MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Izanee

MAS encouraged to fly to Brussels

September 29, 2006 19:19 PM E-mail this news to a friend Printable version of this news

Envoy Urges MAS To Reintroduce Direct Flights To Brussels

By Tengku Noor Shamsiah Tengku Abdullah

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 29 (Bernama) - Malaysia Airlines (MAS) should look into the possibility of reintroducing direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to the European capital of Brussels and vice-versa.

Head of Mission to the European Communities and Malaysian Ambassador to Belgium, Datuk Mohammad Kamal Yan Yahya, said at the moment none of the South-East Asian airlines flies direct to Brussels.

"We are trying to get MAS to fly to Brussels. The flights will encourage more people to come to Malaysia and vice versa," he told Bernama in Brussels recently.

Mohammad Kamal said MAS had direct flights some years ago but the service was halted.

"Things have changed. The European Union (EU) has expanded to 25 countries now. And we have a lot of people working here in the EU now.

"The reintroduction of direct flights will also help in encouraging tourism from both sides especially with the Malaysia Visit Year in 2007," he said.

Mohammad Kamal, who is also accredited the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, assumed office here last December.

Earlier, he had served as Malaysian Ambassador to Cuba with concurrent accreditation to the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica and the Bahamas.

-- BERNAMA

What a load of bull...

If they had their way then MAS would have to fly to NCE, OSL, SOF, PRG, WAW...so we could satisfy their desire, and we won't see MAS return to profit anytime soon... :( :(

Complete BS... :angry: :angry: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Y. J. Foo

Besides..........Brussels in less than 2 hours away from Schiphol airport/Amsterdam with a direct train-link, as well as flights operated by KLM cityhopper, providing excellent connectability between Belgium and the rest of Asia; also, there are flights between Luxembourg and Amsterdam via KLC :blink:

I personally think the idea is good. Just that the 772 is probably too big. A daily 788 will fit the route nicely :p

Ex Prime Minister, Prime Minister, Transport Minister, Deputy Minister, Chief Minister, Mr. Ambassador.........................wow, so many MAS supporters :help: Cheap publicity by Ambassador, shame shame shame!!!! May be he wants to be Malaysian ambassador to United Nation with this crappies :rofl:

Edited by Seth K

no no! please! we gonna lose money! help help!! give MH more chennai and london at night!! hahahah :p :D

I think before MAS introduce more flights to India, they should introduce more flights to US first. 'Cause that is what will make sure all MAS Indian flights to be profitable. Unlike the Chinese market, O&D traffic between Malaysia and India isn't as big or not even near as big as we thought.

MAS should be willing to fly to all destinations suggested but with a condition attached.......i.e. any losses inccured, should be paid by the person / ministry / government that has suggested. Maybe add at least 10% of profit margin as part of profit margin. This will ensure that MAS remains in the black while flying all over the world...........maybe to over 200 destinations.....

hahahahaha

I don't think it'd be long before Hobart joins the list of destinations which MH is "encouraged" to fly to. ;)

I don't think it'd be long before Hobart joins the list of destinations which MH is "encouraged" to fly to. ;)

And then you'll get suggestions of flying to Canberra and Darwin and what else ?? Alice Springs perhaps ?

And then you'll get suggestions of flying to Canberra and Darwin and what else ?? Alice Springs perhaps ?

Maybe Mildura. ;)

But anyways i do think that the stinkin politicians should leave MH alone and let Idris do his job ALONE!

I think it's acceptable if politicians lobby MH to serve a particular city. After all, pollies are elected to represent people's interests. But there's a distinction between lobbying and applying political coercion. I hope the latter is not what's happening in MH's case when the airline is in such a fragile financial state.

How about flying direct to Newcastle? :rofl: Perhaps Cairns as well? There're lots of tourists in Cairns, perhaps they want to go to Malaysia as a continuation of their holiday??? <_>

How about flying direct to Newcastle? :rofl: Perhaps Cairns as well? There're lots of tourists in Cairns, perhaps they want to go to Malaysia as a continuation of their holiday??? <_>

I think MH did at some point in time flew to Cairns before ?

I think MH did at some point in time flew to Cairns before ?

Not anymore. :rofl: :rofl: I wonder why eh? <_>

newcastle?? forget that. Lets follow Shaheen air of pakistan and fly direct into Robin Hood airport in Doncaster - that way I can get home much easier.

And forget double daily - Why should we when we can fly once weekly?

WE could also maybe extend that service to fly into Havana while we're on a roll. From there we can also do 'hub and spoke' - once weekly to Guantanamo Bay to supply nasi lemak and rendang to the two Malaysian detainees there.

Any once-a-week will be good for the crew. One week of paid vacation.

Any once-a-week will be good for the crew. One week of paid vacation.

If I would be your crew-planner - no way ;)

Would either combine the BRU with CDG/AMS/LHR or FRA legs...

:p :p :p

If I would be your crew-planner - no way ;)

Would either combine the BRU with CDG/AMS/LHR or FRA legs...

Sorry Capt Radzi, I gotta agree with Uncle Pieter here. :lol: :sorry:

Sign in to follow this