Yesterday's rite was presided over by 99 monks who chanted en masse to

improve the luck of the new airport, set to open commercially on

Thursday. However, halfway through the rite, a man appeared,

quivering, and began to speak in a commanding voice claiming to be

"Poo Ming"', a guardian spirit of the land partially developed into

the airport.

He ordered that a proper spirit house be built at the airport to allow

for its smooth operation. The man, who was unidentified, later passed

out and woke up to find the spirit had left him.

AoT president Chotisak Asapaviriya said the ceremony helped to boost

the morale of airport staff, some of whom were unnerved after learning

of frequent car crashes on the road running parallel to the airport's

eastern runway.

Some veiled figures have sometimes been spotted on the 6km-long road.

Somchai Sawasdeepon, the airport general manager, said he had heard

ghost stories from staff who came across a woman dressed in a

Thai-style costume at the airport construction site in the evening.

He said the airport land formerly belonged to some local communities

encompassing the centuries-old Wat Nhong Prue and its cemetery. It was

reported that the bodies had not been exhumed for proper religious

cremation.

Sqn Ldr Panupong Nualthongyai, head of Suvarnabhumi airport security,

was also a witness to some strange, unexplained episodes. ''Whatever

you make of it, it is the belief associated with the Thai way of life.

For the non-believer, it is best not to act disrespectfully [towards

the supernatural],'' he said.

Ghost Airport.. :lol:

If this Problem isn't solved, Do u guys think it will Affect Passenger movement and Volume??

Rumour (which always true) has it; KLIA is built on a cemetery and was haunted during construction stage.

When KLIA was opened in 1998, spirits was invited to move out by bomoh. Believe it or not, spirits was requesting to travel to Japan and their wish was granted. Travelled on a MH flight to Tokyo and released there. :o

Rumour (which always true) has it; KLIA is built on a cemetery and was haunted during construction stage.

When KLIA was opened in 1998, spirits was invited to move out by bomoh. Believe it or not, spirits was requesting to travel to Japan and their wish was granted. Travelled on a MH flight to Tokyo and released there. :o

Really huh? I guess those spirits must be either Japanese soldiers (during WWII) or chinese spirits who was killed by Japanese soldiers and want to go to Japan for revenge or they can be just normal spirit who want to go to Japan for hot spring and sakura..... :blink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: What they flying in, BIZ class, how many trip to send those ghost back :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: , iz this true thou :huh:

Well, about this spiritual thing, I dunnno how they effect stuff, but I'm sure would love to visit NBK and take red eye flight :good:

Edited by Seth K

''Whatever you make of it, it is the belief associated with the Thai way of life. For the non-believer, it is best not to act disrespectfully [towards the supernatural],'' he said.

Although "seeing is believing", I'd rather not 'see' them - prefer to just respect them and have their respect for me in return. Just like the old Chinese saying, "河水不犯井水" (water in the river doesn't disturb water in the well). :mellow:

Wow :blink: , the pilot and crew of this MH flight must be some really brave men/women :clapping: ... i wonder what they serve on board :rofl: cow's blood

wahh, maybe they should make a new movie: Ghosts on a Plane! hahaha

Anyway, there is an even bigger thing hauting Suvarnabhumi at the moment - POLITICAL SCANDAL! Apparently the now former government is at the centre of an anti-graft inquiry into the embezzlement of extraordinary sums of cash from airport related projects such as highways and airport systems. _ source: CAPA.

Although "seeing is believing", I'd rather not 'see' them - prefer to just respect them and have their respect for me in return. Just like the old Chinese saying, "河水不犯井水" (water in the river doesn't disturb water in the well).

True, but it also depends on other factors. According to Chinese Daoist belief, if one's life or luck is at the 'low tide' he is inclined to see or even meet what is supposed not to be seen by normal people. Even in a newish country like NZ, there are rumours about these kind of stories too (although not at Auckland airport).

Really huh? I guess those spirits must be either Japanese soldiers (during WWII) or chinese spirits who was killed by Japanese soldiers and want to go to Japan for revenge or they can be just normal spirit who want to go to Japan for hot spring and sakura..... :blink:

i've heard about this before. even cyberjaya MMU has the same kind of story. The CJ MMU was built on cemetary. there's been some disturbance going on. the spirits was moved by 6 bus.

it may hard to beleive but i already seen it. going to MRSM which once had a teacher died in chemistry lab accident is freaky. i've seen it headless :o

i've heard about this before. even cyberjaya MMU has the same kind of story.

Hey ... I've heard this one also. And Hyatt Regency Hotel Kota Kinabalu. MAS staffs should know about the story of the Great Hyatt K.K. :D :D

Isaac mind PM me about the story of the great Hyatt Regency KK? Hope nothing spooky at Magellan Sutera Harbour :)

Btw, heard a lot of spooky stories at Genting Highlands, the suicides after loosing money to gambling etc. But still that had not stopped people from going there!

Isaac mind PM me about the story of the great Hyatt Regency KK? Hope nothing spooky at Magellan Sutera Harbour :)

Btw, heard a lot of spooky stories at Genting Highlands, the suicides after loosing money to gambling etc. But still that had not stopped people from going there!

genting highland always haunted. there was once a story of where one of the bumper car move by itself and caught on CCTV. Also at genting, remember the tragedy where a bus plunge down at the first KM from the top, it was back in 1996. The most haunted area in genting is at the town near Awana, it was previously a comunist area.

Very interesting! Would love to listen to more stories...

Isaac, I also wanna listen to the story. Please PM me... :-)

Why not post it hear for all to know ? Or open up a new thread at Golden Lounge.

Edited by Sing Yew

Hek... :o Seems like everything is built on cemetry...? From Genting to MMU, MMU to KLIA, KLIA to Suvarnabhumi...

most likely. maybe cemetary land is cheaper.

Maybe its good to build an airport on man made island like HKG & NRT

Both HKG and NRT are not of man made island I am afraid. NRT (New Tokyo International airport at Narita) was built on former farm land and it is an inland airport.

HKG was built on a hilly island called "Chek Lap Kok", it was flatten down to make way for the new airport and hence the name Chek Lap Kok airport. Same case for Seoul Incheon which are only partially man made if you must claim.

Kansai International airport or KIX (near Osaka and Sakai city) and Centrair airport near Nagoya city are the only entirely man made ones in Asia which was reclaimed from the sea.

Off Topic alert :pardon:

Guyz, when I read about ghost at airports, suddenly ghost stories become popular in my head, just now, talked to frens, and watched an interview. They talk about ISKL school history and bla bla bla..........school=boring stuff. Well, it's cool until this guy say that school used to be cemeteries. They removed all the body, but three people were believed died from the spirit anger whatsoever, so they call monks etc. They removed the all the spirit with three busses :help: After that, lot's of incident happened, three people died for no reason in that school, and the rest which I wish not to know and mention ever :( And the best part is once that when they build a wall against the grave, the next day the wall gone and coffins are at the car park. The school swimming pool(where eventually my swim practice gonna be) is exactly on a family grave. From that, the lifeguard(Malaysian Diver) died, and the spirit sent to other place with buses too I think, now I doubt if I want to swim anymore. But nothing happen since a quite years ago till now due to the ghost deported success :yahoo:

Well on topic again :good:

Edited by Seth K

Did you, people, know that Schiphol airport - Amsterdam has also been built on 'reclaimed' land ? :huh:

Where there airport is now, used to be a lake (Haarlemmermeer), hence the altitude of the airport -6 meters below sealevel.

Also, literally Schiphol should be translated into English as 'ship's grave', because of a former bank in the lake where lot's of ship perrished...in a way, it's also built on a 'cemetary' :o

wow, looks like there's many place that is well known is actually haunted.

One of my horrible experience is when i was at MRSM KT. I not only saw the thing but got chased by that thing. One of the warden did mention to me that if anyone saw it, quickly run back to the dorm, because those thing woun't go into the dorm. that thing sure has a horrible look, tall, black and with red eyes. since then, i dare not to go out after 12am alone.

The girls dorm is actually above a cemetary. if anyone of you go into MRSM KT, drive up to the camp site all the way at the back of the school. outside of the fence, you still can see part of the cemetary which the land has not been taken.

Edited by Azuddin

Sign in to follow this