Sneeze Lam

Preview The New Seats of CX

Preview The New Seats

* Move in more comfort and style

* New First Class

* New Business Class

* New Economic Class

Move in more comfort and style

From January 2007, Cathay Pacific will be phasing in luxurious new seat designs, fresh cabin interiors and enhanced inflight entertainment options that will revolutionise long-haul travel.

We have worked with leading transportation design consultants to create an environment that is natural, soothing and exceptionally well appointed. Inspired by the textures of timber, bamboo, stone and water, our new opulent surroundings are supported by the latest materials and cutting-edge technology.

Our aim is to create a level of quality and attention to detail that will exceed your expectations, no matter which travel class you are flying.

Really impressive especially their new Y seat :

In a world first for Economy Class travel, our new seat creates a fixed living space that no longer interrupts the space behind when you recline.

I'm sure this will be the new standard for economy class seat across the airline industry (especially the long haul flights)

Sneeze,

Thanks for the preview :good:

Just had a look at the new Economy-seat (as used the 'old' one when flying AMS-HKG-KUL last June):

They look nice and are, hopefully, as comfortable as the 'old' one...

but..............how do you get that large inflight magazine out of the 'literature pocket' when you're seated (esp. for the women with tight skirts) ??? :huh:

I just know what such a change is going to be happened.

A friend of me who are CX Cabin crew noticed me about that.

However, I do think the "old" one look better than this.

Except the issue of space, I think there is possible to be related to the total weight to be reduced.

the seats looks good, only long haul will be fitted with new seats? Maybe i should try CX one day... :D

the seats looks good, only long haul will be fitted with new seats? Maybe i should try CX one day... :D

I think they will be standardized to all aircrafts.

The current seats, I am not sure ONLY EY or all classes) on CX flights were renovated around 3 years before.

I am not sure if I like the wood of the first class, looks really oldie worldie of the 1970s. I think these days we can get darker kind of wood which gives it more of a contemporary look.

The Y seats are pretty similar to Air NZ's Premium Economy seats aren't they?

Very nice. The business class seat looks like that of AC's. I am glad that airlines have come around to installing truly flat beds in business.

Here's hoping SQ will up the ante in October. ;)

Game on.

I wonder where will they put the life jacket? And how people access it?

You don't actually need it anyway. Remember what the Economist said...:p

The lifejacket will be put under the front seat. Excellent design by CX, already hv top notch seat, still improving it :good: I doubt the coat hang in every seat in economy, I think that will bother pax the most, should hang all of them at the back instead, anyway, looking forward to see those seat next year!!!!!! :yahoo:

Edited by Seth K

One word-AWESOME! Especially the First Class.

I pretty like the idea of new seat belts. Will it make the new standard to aviation industry worldwide?

I love their innovation on their economy class seat. The sliding seat feature while inclined would be EXCELLENT to thrifty passengers like me

LOLI agree...I mean what are the chances? :pardon: :blink:

Agree, remember the Ethopian Hijacked, the lifejacket actually killed the pax, get rid of them, less weight!!!! :D

Edited by Seth K

Yea, actually i was just wondering yeah, is there any real usage of that life jacket,...for instance, any recorded details of survival when a plane crashes into the sea? Usually the whole plane would've disintegrate upon impact anyway ...probably the life jacket is just a pyschological thing

I think I watched too many AirCrashInvestigation...

Yea, actually i was just wondering yeah, is there any real usage of that life jacket,...for instance, any recorded details of survival when a plane crashes into the sea? Usually the whole plane would've disintegrate upon impact anyway ...probably the life jacket is just a pyschological thing

I think I watched too many AirCrashInvestigation...

What if the aircraft rolling out of the runway and down to the water?

Just like the China Airlines B747 from Kai Tak down to the Victoria Harbour.

I think these days we can get darker kind of wood which gives it more of a contemporary look.

Agreed.

What else i can say, I'm impressed. But i still think they should have chosen a darker colour for the seat fabrics in all classes, and the darker kind of wood. So, a total of 4 airlines will have such Business Class seat (a la VS) by next year > VS, NZ, AC, CX and probably SQ also :p :p

So far i think the AC new Business Class has the best design of these four. Although they are all identical but AC has nicer soothing colour and the furnishing is good also, only con is that the PTV in AC new Business Class won't be as large as CX.

Disagree with the darker wood colour...this CX looks nice :good:

For another First-Class cabin look, check out this link for the Air France one, which features also a light-wood colour; personally, I think it looks just fabulous :yahoo: :

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_...ead.main/85166/

Also, just look at the catering they served (but that's another 'topic') LOL

Disagree with the darker wood colour...this CX looks nice :good:

For another First-Class cabin look, check out this link for the Air France one, which features also a light-wood colour; personally, I think it looks just fabulous :yahoo: :

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_...ead.main/85166/

Nah ... i still think the darker wood color is way classier :D :D

Wait till u guys see the launching of SQ 773ER new F/J/Y on 19-20OCT. It's gonna be better I can assure you if u think CX/VS/NZ new seats are good. And the A380 Suitte(Upper FCL) will be another big surprise coming.

Cheers

SQ 773ER will have FCL. I can't reveal the configuration but it will all be launch next month.

Both quotes taken from A.net. Posted by an A.netter nicknamed "CHANGYOU" from Singapore.

Edited by Isaac

The new seat belt design is interesting..:D

Feels like you riding the car ain't it??? Except with no traffic and faster and longer <_ next time we fly cx it will be weird enough to buckle up from top left down right instead of at waist src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_pardon.gif" alt=":pardon:">