MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jonathan Kong

Spotting in Sibu

Went back to Sibu last week... weather was terrible but i still managed to get some interesting traffics from Sibu airport... yeah yeah :D :D

IPB Image

From Mukah... i cant stop myself from thinking that he is holding two ping pong bats :p

IPB Image

belok kiri....belok kiri (English = turn left... turn left) :p

IPB Image

Cantik cantik cantik :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IPB Image

belok kanan....belok kanan(English = turn right... turn right) :p

IPB Image

a short turnaround of 15 minutes as no passengers or cargos from Mukah. Even the return flight is also empty :( :(

:clapping: Good pictures from Sibu, Jon... :clapping:

Nice little prop "airliner"... I think this is Pieter's fav a/craft from MH Stable :lol:

Pity... nobody disembarking and boarding... not even cargos.. :sorry:

And yet I read in the newspapers that people in Sarawak complaining

not enough flight after FAX took over... :pardon: :huh: :blink:

BTW... some of the ground crews wearing MH's vest and some in AK's :huh:

Ha ha ha.....picts from Sibu...our Emperor still cant run away from spotting.

Sibu also can....Nice one bro...Miss the Twotter in "real" malaysia colours!!

i think it is a Ping Pong bat!!! after take off....a match of Ping Pong is a must..with the slow traffic there!! ha ha ha ha.. :D

Nice little prop "airliner"... I think this is Pieter's fav a/craft from MH Stable :lol:

You're right there, Norman, this is my fav Malaysian aircraft ;) :good:

Wonder why they still operated these flights with ZERO passangers/cargo in- and outbound :o

(it definitely would have been better to cancel these flights for 'cost saving reasons')

Anyhow, now the Emperor had an excellent chance to take a good shot at her :D

Jonathan nice pics from Ur hometown :good: !!!! Quite sad the plane without passanger and return also empty!!!! Maybe this is also one of the major reason why MAS loss a lot of money before!!!!

Ever wonder why FAX is not a subsidiary of Air Asia, instead it is owned by some individuals that happens to own Air Asia as well?

Reportedly FAX pays about RM 2 million per month (?) to Air Asia for ground handling. Remember also that unlike Air Asia, these rural routes need to be subsidised by the Government because oherwise it will not be viable commercially yet it is the lifeline for people in the interior.

BTW, there is a FAX F50 based in BKI with he FAX sticker above the forward entry door. Anyone catch it yet?

nice prop jon, i love the way the motion captured... what's the shutter speed?

i like the front shot jon. :clapping: :clapping: if i were the boss of fax, i would paint the blade in red and white. sure funky one when it spins. its amazing that little toy can actually fly.

Ever wonder why FAX is not a subsidiary of Air Asia, instead it is owned by some individuals that happens to own Air Asia as well?

Reportedly FAX pays about RM 2 million per month (?) to Air Asia for ground handling. Remember also that unlike Air Asia, these rural routes need to be subsidised by the Government because oherwise it will not be viable commercially yet it is the lifeline for people in the interior.

BTW, there is a FAX F50 based in BKI with he FAX sticker above the forward entry door. Anyone catch it yet?

Capt Radzi, it's at BKI Spotting Thread. Here you go captain. Took by ChanCS.

IPB Image

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index....ic=2658&st=320#

You're right there, Norman, this is my fav Malaysian aircraft ;) :good:

Wonder why they still operated these flights with ZERO passangers/cargo in- and outbound :o

(it definitely would have been better to cancel these flights for 'cost saving reasons')

Anyhow, now the Emperor had an excellent chance to take a good shot at her :D

Pieter,

I think that answered your question... You fly government pay subsidy, you don't fly government won't pay.. :pardon:

Hi JK, nice shot of the short little plane.

It is sad to see the plane fly empty. I don't see the point why it should fly since both ways also empty.

Subsidy or not, wasting unnecessary resources. :angry:

I have seen schools using recycle envelopes to post letters again. Yet, money is burnt this way to get subsidy. Sad, real sad. :angry: :angry:

I certainly hope they have better answers.

Pieter,

I think that answered your question... You fly government pay subsidy, you don't fly government won't pay.. :pardon:

It is sad to see the plane fly empty. I don't see the point why it should fly since both ways also empty.

Subsidy or not, wasting unnecessary resources. :angry: money is burnt this way to get subsidy. Sad, real sad. :angry: :angry:

Exactly, Chaity, in the end it's you, as a taxpayer, who are paying for these unnecessary empty flights :o

*hint* stop drooling *hint* ..cilaka JK! :rofl:

Oo, so this is where you went.

Edited by Nick R.

*hint* stop drooling *hint* ..cilaka! :rofl:

Oo, so this is where you went.

haha.. all the sudden we see so many twotters eh heheh.. :blink: :D Cilaka... damn nice shots as usual

Next to arrive... Golf Charlie from... dont know where :sorry:

IPB Image

Show me your light... ya babe~ :)

IPB Image

Engine one is turned off as she comes in taxi way Alpha

IPB Image

Azahan... Fokker Nose is sharper than your nose :rofl: :rofl:

IPB Image

Cantik cantik! :yahoo: :yahoo:

[

IPB Image

Cantik cantik! :yahoo: :yahoo: [/b] [/size]

Emperor... CILAKA Shots man.. jeles jeles hahaha :rofl: , anyway.. apa itu tong biru? Fire Xtinguisher ka? , or pressure pump to pump F50 tayar?? kakakaka :rofl:

Emperor, I noticed there is a small hill in the background, can go there to shoot pixkah? or is it inside the airport area itself?

Emperor, I noticed there is a small hill in the background, can go there to shoot pixkah? or is it inside the airport area itself?

if can, i wont be shooting through the fence already :( <_>

anyway... here are some of the pictures that i managed to snap before we land in Sibu airport:

IPB Image

view of the old Sibu airport runway... not a long runway but it can accomodate F27, F50 and Twotters... now college and stadium are being built on the old runway :)

IPB Image

the big roundabout must be familiar to those who had been to Sibu :D

IPB Image

After the roundabout, go straight to the airport way, take the next left hand turn and you will reach a small road like this... you may get some pictures from here

IPB Image

oh yeah... landed on runway 13

As you can see from the photos, there are some MAS ground crew operating it, this is because FAX and MAS has signed an agreement which MAS will operates the aircraft in term of flight crews and ground crews for a year including maintenance and overhaul at Subang Airport and BKI. But then, recently, MAS F50 approval has been pulled back due to MAS no more owning them and FAX has to find other supplier or build their own maintenance facilities. Last week, FAX F50, 9m-mgd flew to subang airport due to some technical faulty from bintulu.

Woo~~~ Emperor JK and his trusty tool start to invade East Malaysian airports... :D

When is BKI's turn? :lol:

Wahh,Nice shots of SBW, my hometown :good: :lol:

Looks like the emperor is invading the East Malaysian airports :lol:

Can't wait to see more photos from East Malaysia! :lol:

Arriving Sibu, i saw Golf Echo is getting ready for her next flight

IPB Image

Something's wrong...

IPB Image

Something must be wrong with the main door <_>

It requires 3 ground crew to close it :(

Gulf Echo is sick :(