MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Seth K

86 MAS Aircrafts carry Visit Malaysia 07' logo

MAS To Show 'Visit Malaysia Year' Logo Across The World

SEPANG, July 23 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines (MAS), in partnership with the Ministry of Tourism, Sunday unveiled the Visit Malaysia Year 2007 logo on a Boeing 747-400 aircraft, the first of its fleet to carry it.

The aircraft, named "Kuala Lumpur", is scheduled to fly to London at 11.55 Sunday night.

The ceremony at the MAS hangar in KL International Airport was witnessed by Minister of Tourism Datuk Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor and MAS managing director Idris Jala.

Tengku Adnan said a total of 86 MAS aircraft will carry the Visit Malaysia Year 2007 logo.

He said MAS will help make the logo visible to over 100 destinations across Europe, China, India, West Asia, United States, Korea, Japan and Australia.

"We hope the visibility will create awareness and stimulate interest among airline passengers and other travellers to come and visit Malaysia," he said.

He said a roadshow to promote Visit Malaysia Year 2007 is ongoing and all Malaysian tourism officers overseas will also display the logo.

"We are expecting 20.1 million tourist arrivals during the year," he said.

Jala said MAS would soon announce various programmes to attract more tourists to Malaysia.

He said the programmes would include code sharing with other airlines and holiday packages to renowned tourist destinations in southern Europe, Italy and West Asia.

-- BERNAMA :yahoo:

Edited by Seth K

will the hibby and heliconia carry the sticker?

new things to spot on.... so theboring MH no longer boring?

He said MAS will help make the logo visible to over 100 destinations across Europe, China, India, West Asia, United States, Korea, Japan and Australia.

MAS doesn't fly to over 100 international destinations. This 100 destinations include all domestic and rural routes; plus codeshare flights operated by Bmi, KLM, Uzbek, Air Mauritius etc which definitely do not see MAS aircrafts anyway.

wat u ppl think bout MAS uniforms ?? cause the blue color seems dull........and boring... not attractive.... make those gal looks old.... ;) .... they wont change the uniform for nex decade also ??

Logo so small, how we wanna see hah?

I think MAS should ask their stewardess to wear uniform while touring in other countries, best way to promote Malaysia/MAS. Just like CO, their stewardess walk around with uniform at NYC to promote EWR/CO :good:

I like their uniform...for the gals, not the guys coz their ARE really dull...

The logo is just a small one, I doubt we can even see it...maybe special livery highlighting the goodness of Malaysia ma...

MAS doesn't fly to over 100 international destinations.

Where does it say 'international' in the original quote ??? :o

It only mentions of '100 destinations across' etc ... ;)

The small VMY 2007 near the door actually to notified/tell/inform the passanger during boarding.

Wherease the "big" Visit Malaysia Year 2007 banner (just like previous Visit Malaysia Year 1990 on MAS aircraft) at the back of the a/c will do the rest.

"Kuala Lumpur" leave last night with the sticker? should be coming back in today.... anyone went spotting?

Me likey the uniform too :) The short haired girl have a Torrie Wilson's smile :lol:

One thing though, MH already chopped of some of the routes, then again promote Visit Malaysia 2007. It's a bit funny lol.

Europe, China bla bla.... Australia... (all implying international) is just 60 (and declining fast). Including domestic destinations after Aug 1, it's 76. Codeshares don't really mean squat, imagine how many "destinations" would SQ fly to then. 100 destinations across 6 continents is a misleading marketing tagline.

...... would SQ fly to then. 100 destinations across 6 continents is a misleading marketing tagline.

Drop the 100, keep the 6 :pardon:

Fairizuan,

Your signature photo of MAS looks great. Can you send me a copy?

Edited by Simon

Fairizuan,

Your signature photo of MAS looks great. Can you send me a copy?

You're right,Simon.Wonder if MAS painted all the a/c with the awesome hibiscus livery.

soo... simple! i was thinking they will stick the logo like the one they did during MU Asia Tour.... but a row of dissapointing words :nea: