MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Photos from SBW

Fellow Members,

On yesterday (09/07/06)I've went to SBW airport together with my younger brother and my uncle to send my cousin as she's returning to BKI on the morning,with my dad on the wheels.After arriving at the main terminal building,I'm quickly unload my cousin's luggage and told my younger brother to bring his camera.We walked to the left side of the main terminal buliding fence (area gate 1 and gate 2) to take some photos.Armed with my younger brother Sony Cybershot DSC-W5,These are several shots taken by us.

Captain Radzi's baby Boeing on gate 2,being prepared for her next flight as MH2711 to KUL.Suprised to see the rego...It's Mike Whiskey (9M-MMW) So,let's just say...Niner Mike-Mike Malaysian Wings :p

IPB Image

(This shot is taken by my younger brother,Tamimi Hj Tamby)

After bidding farewell to my cousin,later we're heading to the parking lot.Then i heard a familiar sound...a turboprop sound,and I later rushed to the viewing spot (on the right of the Main terminal building,area gate 3 and 4).Later i meet her....the Good ol' Fokker 50,arrived as MH 2802 from KCH...And her rego is Mike Golf India (9M-MGI)Later she will be my cousin's ride to BKI,with a transit at BTU.

Pic 1-the first Passenger exiting the Fokker...wonder what making him in a hurry :mellow:

IPB Image

Pic 2-My attempt to take a tail shot of Golf India

IPB Image

Pic 3-Passengers disembarking from the a/c,while the ground crews began unloading cargos

IPB Image

Pic 4-Few passengers leaving the a/c.

IPB Image

(All the F50 shots were taken by me)

Later,before leaving the airport,here are some shots:

Bye-bye...see you again on Tuesday 10th

IPB Image

The main terminal building (covered by trees)

IPB Image

There will be several opporturnities for me to spot,as i will be going to the airport again on Tuesday 10th.On Thursday 13th,I'll be leaving SBW and going back to continue my studies at KCH...

Hope you guys enjoy :drinks:

Awesome awesome shots Tamizi, those orangeous lightning make ur pix fantastic.... :drinks:

Ur bro do have skill of photography! :good:

Even thou he came out first, other guys overtook him :p

Awesome pix, can't wait till Thursday and ur TR to KCH :D

Thanks,Seth.Trying to make a TR to Kuching this thursday,but gonna bit a problem for the photos,as i'm using the conventional camera.My younger brother refused to borrow his digital camera <_ he do loves photography too bad doesn like the aviation src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":("> Haha...Luckily you've told me about the man who getting out from the F50....I even didn't realize about it :mellow:

I'm trying to get some night shots of SBW,as my eldest brother is returning from KCH on MH 2280,ETA around 2115 (9.15pm).

Nice pics there Tamizi. I especially like those of the F50. Take more pics of them while they are in MAS livery...for it will not be long now before they change hands. I'm sure you will treasure these pics in years to come. Oh don't forget those Twin Otters too. I still can't believe MAS is giving up the Rural Air Services, and the TOs and F50. For many years now it had brought Malaysians closer together.

Agree with Rozhan here: nice pictures of the ol' Dutch Lady: do take them while you can and, indeed, you'll cherish them lateron...

Nice airport building there in SBW :good:

It was the same sparking clean 9M-MGI TK took when he's transit at BKI. :lol:

Thanks for your comments,Guys.

On that morning,the visibility was quite poor,so that's why the photos were a bit orangish.The situation at the Main Terminal was fully packed with passengers (both MH and AK),But failed to take the shots at the Main Terminal.Even after leaving the airport,I was still wondering,why the hell AK Flight 5260 didn't arrive yet? ETA is supposed on 0925am,but on 0935am,still no shadow of her :( <_>

Rozhan,Sure I'll try my best to catch more shots of the beloved ol' Dutch lady in MH colours,before it was painted in FAX livery.But it was hard to get a catch of the Twin Otters,as the flights was in evening :(

Uncle Pieter,You're right.I'll always remember the F50,as it was my first ever aircraft i've went onboard while i was a small boy :lol: .Thanks for the comments on the Main Terminal building photos.However still no news about the renovation of the Main Terminal Building :(

Hooi Yen and Adrian,You're right.Even I was suprised to see that when she arrives,she was sparkling clean.

I'm trying my best to get the night shots of SBW on Tommorow night (11/07/06)...Hope that the weather was on my side.

Hi Tamiza, nice showing of the Fokker plane there.

It seems you were quite close to the aircraft. You were allowed to enter the tarmac ?

Nope,Chaity.I took all the photos of the Fokker outside the perimeter fence.

Love to enter the tarmac area,but i don't know how...

BTW,You've mispelled my name there.It's an 'I' on the end,not an 'A'

nice pics Tamizi .. really made me misses home ...

nice pics Tamizi .. really made me misses home ...

Thanks Edwin...Then,why you're waiting? Just ready your tickets to SBW...Kampua mee and kong pia here waiting for you... :lol:

Tamizi,

Nice coverage of SBW. I went spotting on 8/7 (Sat), miss u by a day.

Edwin,

If u miss Sibu, just come back. We can have a gathering either at the coffee shop or SBW :D .

Tamizi,

Nice coverage of SBW. I went spotting on 8/7 (Sat), miss u by a day.

Edwin,

If u miss Sibu, just come back. We can have a gathering either at the coffee shop or SBW :D .

Thanks,Raymond.Yup,you're rightI've miss u by a day only.Could you give me some tips where's the best place for spotting at SBW airport?

Nope,Chaity.I took all the photos of the Fokker outside the perimeter fence.

Love to enter the tarmac area,but i don't know how...

BTW,You've mispelled my name there.It's an 'I' on the end,not an 'A'

Sorry, I need someone to look at my keyboard... :help:

Thanks,Raymond.Yup,you're rightI've miss u by a day only.Could you give me some tips where's the best place for spotting at SBW airport?

Tamizi,

The best place to spot in SBW is the boarding room and also the apron when u board AK or MAS F-50. Sunlight is better in the afternoon, morning is backlit, hence the orangish colour in your photo.

Other than that, only can spot by the fence. Point and shoot camera lense can go through the fence but for DSLR, only can press as close to the fence as possible and hope that fence will not appear in the photo.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips,Raymond.It's very useful for me.Thank god i'm using my younger brother digital camera..so I can point and shoot through the fence.Thanks again for the very useful tips.

BTW,How do you managed to take photo inside the runway,Just like this:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1049512/M/

Do you have a security pass,so you could enter the restricted zone freely?

Finally some SBW pics! :yahoo:

Tamizi or Raymond, you guys can take more pics of the front of the terminal? (looking inside would be good)

IPB Image

and side shots (both sides)?

IPB Image

Other shots would be good also. I really need these for my scenery project. sorry if i ask too much.

just notice ur post after my last post in my thread. :p btw, nice shot Tamizi... next time not only u pay a visit to BKI, but i'll pay a visit to SBW also... :lol: either by road or by air. :p ya, if drive from Miri to Sibu need how many hours?

just notice ur post after my last post in my thread. :p btw, nice shot Tamizi... next time not only u pay a visit to BKI, but i'll pay a visit to SBW also... :lol: either by road or by air. :p ya, if drive from Miri to Sibu need how many hours?

Whoaa.. nice nice... Never been to Sibu anways.. it looks cute hehe.. Love it.. :D

Tamizi,

That shot is taken by the fence as well. Spotting by the fence is a pain as u'll get fence in some of the photos.

Nick,

I'll try to snap some when i go spotting again.

Samuel,

Miri to Sibu is around 5 hours by car.

Nope,Uncle Norman....Haven't went to the airport this morning :( Hope Raymond managed to get a shot of Foxtrot Hotel touching down at SBW :)