MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Andrew Hunt

Coming to KLIA 1st July

Sorry have to miss you all............. again.

Did anyone notice MQI landing at around 1530 LT? I did notice some umbrellas at the 14L touchdown hill.

radzi,

i do get MQI but then rotating at 3.36pm and we're all at the 14L rotation point

Wow,That's a smokey touchdown for Quebec India then :blink:

Yup... lots of smokes at the 14L touchdown location.. :pardon:

Also when TK's around with his RomeoDelta-colored ciggy pack... :rofl: :rofl:

Kidding, TK :pardon:

But my camera time states 14:29 :blink: ...

My apologies. You're right, landing about 1430, on-chock at A2L at 1435 LT. I was supposed to do PEN-KUL ony, early in the morning. But with so many people MC, I had to add KUL-SGN-KUL as well. With lack of sleep the previous night (blame it on Germany and Argentina for going into extra time and penalty shootout :p ) I had to get some badly needed rest.

IPB Image

Benjamin Ho, Awesome and Lovely shots man..

Enjoyed every single one of them..Thanks for sharing..

Norman thanks for Sharing ur Shots..Reelly nice and Sharp Shots..

network still congested at my college... and i only manage to upload two of my shots yesterday :) It'z all RED!

Smoky touchdown...

IPB Image

Smooth Rotation...

IPB Image

Hi Andrew, happy to see you guys managed to get all the MAS specials in a day! :clapping:

I didn't have that luck yet.

More shots plzzzzzzzzz..........

Wow...so many threads la for that day! Maybe we should just put it all in one thread? :pardon:

Anyways...nice shots bro! S2? Must wait for Taiko to come back from CGK first before we can christen you a StormTrooper... :rofl:

wah! no bad edwin.... no bad!! :good: and i am happy LH sent one with my initial on! yippeeee!!!

and kevin, love your foxtrot charlie!! damn funky!!!

Hi Edwin,

Nice shots....I was there too but came in only when the CX plane arrived....kena tahan by the JPJ officer who was rounding the airport yesterday. Strange that the airport was using one runway only yesterday.

Any idea why ?

:clapping:

cheers andrew! glad you and the rest arrived SIN safely in time. we definitely see you all again soon!

Wow...so many threads la for that day! Maybe we should just put it all in one thread? :pardon:

Anyways...nice shots bro! S2? Must wait for Taiko to come back from CGK first before we can christen you a StormTrooper... :rofl:

Yes... agree with you Imran...

Topic merged...

Hi Edwin,

Nice shots....I was there too but came in only when the CX plane arrived....kena tahan by the JPJ officer who was rounding the airport yesterday. Strange that the airport was using one runway only yesterday.

Any idea why ?

:clapping:

KK... please refer to this topic... :pardon:

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2684

Thank you - MalaysianWingers for laying out such a welcome yesterday. To say that we thoroughly enjoyed both your hospitality and your company would have been a horrible understatement - and while I was already aware of your warm ways, my three friends (Andrew Hunt, CL Kwek and Goh Yong Kiat) were definitely not prepared for this. So "TERIMA KASIH BANYAK BANYAK" once again.

Andrew has told most of the story there is to tell . . . including some juicy side-shows such as Kwek's scuttled attempts to use his two 100 Ringgit bills (gosh, printers these days are really good). There is however yet more interesting stories to tell. Even before the day began, my three companions decided to pamper themselves with some beauty-treatment KLIA-style. Since we already had our breakfast at the LCCT's McDonald outlet, they decided to go to a LCBC (low-cost beauty centre) where they each got a generous helping of beauty lotions and potions.

IPB Image

Even with breakfast, photographing raw airplane actions can be energy-sapping and long before it was time to break for lunch, Andrew was already hungry. Thankfully he brought along enough CF cards (gosh, these must be quite tasty) . . . for him to chew on one as a stop-gap measure to temporarily satisfy his hunger.

IPB Image

Back to airplanes . . . in organising this trip, two names surface continuously - Heliconia and Hibiscus. And we were amply blessed with various opportunities to photograph them in action.

The red-hot Hibiscus (9M-MPB) made up for its (absolutely no sunlight) arrival in the morning with this sunny departure. When it finally was just a dot in the sky, all of us were smiling like a hibiscus bush in full bloom.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The indisputable star of the day had to be this blue-blooded royalty on the Malaysian civil aviation register. However beautiful one thinks it is - judging from photos and models - one just has to see it in real life to truly appreciate its beauty! While beauty-conscious humans dread lines . . . this B777 looks resplendent with all those beautiful lines. So need for low cost beauty treatment.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Less colourful and glamourous . . . but one subject that we were silently wishing to see and photograph was the new B744Fs of MASKargo. Did I say we were amply blessed??? There it was in the early afternoon . . . just the right dosage of dessert after our lunch at Cowboy Town.

IPB Image

IPB Image

A visual treat for us (especially after our departure to KUL was delayed by the extended playtime in the World Cup match between Germany and Argentina) came in the form of this ManU flagship.

IPB Image

For much of the rest of the morning spent on Observation Hill, it was action, action and more action . . . from spectacular rotations and climb-outs . . .

IPB Image

IPB Image

to a "flypast" by AirAsia's B733 9M-AAO.

IPB Image

More shots are currently still being processed . . . and I will therefore pause now. Thanks folks for your company and hospitality - and for sharing all those superb spotting locations with us. We felt very privileged and like Andrew promised, we look forward to the opportunity to reciprocate in similar fashion. Should we come again with Kwek, we shall search his wallet to ensure no recurrence of the "jurassic currency" incidents.

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

What a day we had in KLIA... once again thanks for coming guys! Hope you all enjoyed the trip and do hope to see you guys soon! Am wondering did you guys continue with the 'Ringgit story' on the way back to Singapore? :D

wow andrew, love the reflection of the jumbo in the pond :good:

weather was beautiful.... :)

IPB Image

.....tet..tet..tet..tet..tet..tet..tet.....National service trainee :p

IPB Image

almost everyone were busy taking photo.....well almost... <_ nnnaahhhh...he didn miss the plane>

Is that Jonathan using my Camera....??? :angry:

IPB Image

Different people coming and shot with Emperor and Uncle Norman, Azahan together with fellow MWingsers are really having different impacts.

And the impacts are always as funny as it can be. :p :lol: :good:

my favourite angle. dedicated to our four singapore buddies! sorry for reporting late at klia yesterday. :drinks: :drinks:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Andrew, KC.... great shots from you there... :clapping:

I missed the morning actions... :pardon:

and thanks for sharing them... :drinks:

Here're some more from my CF...

Seeing Double...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and does Kwek realised there's another "runway" seen by Jon, KC & YK Goh... :rofl: :rofl:

IPB Image

Will edit some more... :yahoo:

Yes . . . and on the other "runway", there was a very beautiful special liveried aircraft from "DragonAir" . . . it looks just like 9M-AFC in the ManU livery.

IPB Image

KC Sim

hahahahahaha KC. that dragonair must have received royalty from AK. :rofl:

aiyoh!! :blink: so many people. :blink: where my favourite girl aaah??? :huh:

IPB Image

oh ...there she is!!! .......hi!!!! :clapping: sorry aaaah....heheheh

IPB Image