MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

New Airline May Cater For Domestic Flights

I'd like to see another LCC to compete with AK, really.

.ny

+++

April 26, 2006 20:22 PM

New Airline May Cater For Domestic Flights

KUALA LUMPUR, April 26 (Bernama) -- The government doesn't rule out the possibility of allowing a new airline to operate domestic flights after the rasionalisation between Malaysia Airlines (MAS) and AirAsia is completed.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy however said at present the government is not ready to allow another airline to operate in the domestic sector.

"However, it can be considered if the rasionalisation brings positive results and the passenger numbers can cater for another regular airline," he said when winding up the debate on the Ninth Malaysia Plan (9MP) for the Ministry in the Dewan Rakyat Wednesday.

He said the rationalisation process is meant to ensure the competitiveness of the domestic operator apart from providing services for all type of passengers.

On the down-sizing of MAS involving 6,500 staff in the domestic sector, Chan said the government guarantees it would be conducted in the best manner for the sake of the workers.

He said negotiations are ongoing between MAS and MAS Employees Union (Maseu) to reduce negative implications from the down-sizing exercise.

-- BERNAMA

Heard that news on radio when i was going to fetch my younger bro from his extra class at his school moments ago.Even the Minister itself denies about the third airline in Malaysia.For me it's good,especially after the post-rationalisation plan between MH and AK.

So, how CX doing on PEN-KUL sector?

I think the 6500 MH people can transfer to AK management since they now need more staff for their boost, relocate them could be a problem?

So, how CX doing on PEN-KUL sector?

I believe it's a non-revenue flight ...... Just like CI's SEA/IAH sector.

I hope this 3rd airline will be a full-service carrier, flying to both domestic and international destinations. And the government can't say 'this and that'.

I believe it's a non-revenue flight ...... Just like CI's SEA/IAH sector.

I hope this 3rd airline will be a full-service carrier, flying to both domestic and international destinations. And the government can't say 'this and that'.

But in CX website it has PEN-KUL schedule............... <_>

But in CX website it has PEN-KUL schedule............... <_>

Yup, they do. But they can't sell the ticket just for KUL/PEN sector. By the way, CX just resume their non-stop flight to PEN ...... erm ...... or they will soon ?? I can't remember.

Yup, they do. But they can't sell the ticket just for KUL/PEN sector. By the way, CX just resume their non-stop flight to PEN ...... erm ...... or they will soon ?? I can't remember.

Heard that, very good news.....at least aiport except KLIA expand a lil bit..........who can come to PEN next, I really hope China Eastern, China Southern, or Indian Airlines(The airline from India) :rolleyes: still hoping :rolleyes:

Heard that, very good news.....at least aiport except KLIA expand a lil bit..........who can come to PEN next, I really hope China Eastern, China Southern, or Indian Airlines(The airline from India) :rolleyes: still hoping :rolleyes:

I believe they only call it "Indian" now. I personally hope CX will come back to BKI, and perhaps BR launching new service from TPE (there's rumor that they will be ordering 320 sometime this year) :p

u can catch China Southern's A320 every Tuesday at PEN..overnight stop..usually parks at Gate 7..

I'd like to see another LCC to compete with AK, really.

who will be? Vincent Tan from Berjaya Group/Airlines? or Sugar king @ Robert Kwok from TransMile Air Service?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

who will be? Vincent Tan from Berjaya Group/Airlines? or Sugar king @ Robert Kwok from TransMile Air Service?

Vincent Tan from Berjaya, should resume the Berjaya Air with A320, give a little impact to AK :p

Would good to get Another Airline to Compete with AK..More Lower Fares.. :lol:

u can catch China Southern's A320 every Tuesday at PEN..overnight stop..usually parks at Gate 7..

I received a sms from Samuel Chy around 11.30pm last night. He told me that a CZ (charter flight) plane will come in midnight and leave at 2.00am ......

WOW ! TH is Robert Kwok's ?

Vincent Tan from Berjaya, should resume the Berjaya Air with A320, give a little impact to AK :p

I'll say with 738 :lol: And they should re-name the airline.

Edited by Isaac

nice to see something new, I'm really hoping that it's subsidy which will take some of MH fleet and operate it for MH just like TED for United.

A new stand alone LCC also can be good

New airline?

menas they need more staff? Great news..

nice to see something new, I'm really hoping that it's subsidy which will take some of MH fleet and operate it for MH just like TED for United.

A new stand alone LCC also can be good

There is no airline :) I think you guys miss the whole point :rolleyes:

I'll say with 738 And they should re-name the airline.

They should get B738 and rename the airline name cuz it sound rather childish. The price should be the same as AK but better services ;) then TF will in headache, and Jala even worst :lol:

dont forget to change the livery .. :p

Agree :lol: Berjaya Air livery rite now too boring <_>

Some people here say AK gonna subcontract its Sarawak/Borneo routes to Hornbill Skyways..

can it be true? :o

AirAsia Operated by Hornbill like Delta operated by Song :rolleyes:

Some people here say AK gonna subcontract its Sarawak/Borneo routes to Hornbill Skyways..

Any idea on the aircraft-type, they'll use ?

No idea on what a/c types tho..

most probably using ex-MH F50s? :unsure:

No idea on what a/c types tho..

most probably using ex-MH F50s? :unsure:

Maybe there's a possibility.But who knows? :huh: