MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Izanee

new airline to kul

i was just reading the airliner.net forum....it seems like a 'major' airline that is 'fairly big' in asia and has never flown to kul, is planning to announce the new service tomorrow.

can anyone guess?

etihad, finnair, ua, sas, asiana??

I wouldnt be surprised if Etihad announces. They have made it VERY clear that they are interested in flying into KUL. Too bad they fly from AUH...too far away for me to "jump ship" <_>

Agree with Imran here, although Finnair has been expanding into Asia too, especially China, lately ;)

i was just reading the airliner.net forum....it seems like a 'major' airline that is 'fairly big' in asia and has never flown to kul, is planning to announce the new service tomorrow.

can anyone guess?

Hmm..tricky one, fairly big in Asia. If I make a list it will be some of this-

Etihad

Air Macau

All Nippon Airways

Far Eastern Air

Shanghai Airlines

Dragon Air

Kingfisher

Asiana

Maybe one of this?

etihad, finnair, ua, sas, asiana??

Heard Finnair want BKK-KUL with their MD-11, Etihad is very possible, UA-least possible if they drop either BKK or SIN, but both doing fine, SAS-no comment, and Asiana-may be codeshare with Korean Air.

Can you give link to the a.net thread about this :)

UA and SAS already have services to BKK, and it's a Star Alliance hub. I think there's no point if they fly in KUL. it's just a few states down.

Azuddin

I think the thread mentioned a long haul route....so perhaps the Asian carriers are out unless they are using KUL as a stop over / transit for the onward journey; NRT-KUL-JNB, SEL-KUL-JNB, or even BOM-KUL-SYD/AKL ?

It is interesting but I think we would just have to wait and see. Rumour mongers are in abundance these days !!!

:p

I know for a fact Finnair have recently expressed interested in the Malaysian market. And as for Etihad, they'll be like EK in 5yrs and just fly everywhere!

Could be either Etihad or Finnair. Both have reasonably big presences in Asia. Finnair in particular is extremely popular with the SIN-BKK runs, especially as they award full oneworld mileage for even their elcheapo tickets. :D Both have also been expanding their networks in Asia.

Both would be operating long haul (if long haul is defined as a flight above 6 hours) flights should they commence KUL. Etihad would be joining a group of well established Middle Eastern airlines though, while AY would only need to compete with LH, KL and OS. And even then only KL and OS flies to KUL directly.

Edited by Keith T

How bout

Qantas-Kangaroo routes and Malaysia are very good!

British Airways -High load from LHR to KUL(can bring their 777)

Virgin Atlantic-Smae as BA but bring the A346

Alitalia- MH doing fine at Rome sector, perhaps Alitalia can consider bringing one of their 763/772

Air France-Just when MH join SkyTeam

SwissAir-Could be

RyanAir-Can use the LCC.................j/k :p

If one of this airline back to KUL, there will be a huge celebration down at the MAHB office!

British Airways -High load from LHR to KUL(can bring their 777)

Virgin Atlantic-Smae as BA but bring the A346

VS and BA, i don't think it's gonna work. BA already have flight to SIN. there' gonna be a competition if both VS and BA fly to KUL. VS is the best cj=hoice sice it could make a stop before proceed to SYD.

I think it will happen if Sir Richard Branson want to meet malaysian ah moi :p :p

Azuddin

Sad news that NZ is another one flying the LHR route via HKG.

I gathered that VS was not doing too good out of the LHR-HKG-SYD

route. Maybe they can start a LHR-KUL-SYD/MEL sintead of the code

share they have now ? I read on airliners.net about someone saying

that the agreement between VS and MH have expired and not been

renewed, but thats not true....they have agreed to renew it on an

annual basis.

Abundance in Rumour Mongers are on the rise !!!!!!! Help Help !!!!!!!

:p

It's Finair, 3 x weekly via BKK ! :D

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/gener...60/6/#ID2701360

Another European carrier to KUL, MALAYSIA Boleh ! :p

But...it only commences in May 2007, more than a year from now, anything could happen..... :(

Enough time to hype up the market I guess. Plus they're commencing lots of destinations from now till then. And tickets will be on sale from May 06, so its definitely a solid thing.

Brings the oneworld presence in KUL to a grand total of 2! :D

It's Finair, 3 x weekly via BKK ! :D

It's Finnair, btw :mellow:

Good to see more three-holers at KUL ;)

If full traffic-rights, it would be an interesting stretch to fly MD11 between BKK-KUL v.v. B)

It's Finnair, btw :mellow:

Good to see more three-holers at KUL ;)

If full traffic-rights, it would be an interesting stretch to fly MD11 between BKK-KUL v.v. B)

Don't see why they won't be granted fifth freedom rights - KUL is a rather liberal airport compared to many others. Finnair also has rights on BKK-SIN and BKK-HKG so I daresay they'd have BKK-KUL.

Another European carrier to KUL, MALAYSIA Boleh ! :p

Malaysia Boleh? KUL traffic volume is only about 1/3 of BKK. If compared with DAC, may be Malaysia is boleh else is naïve.

Without fifth freedom rights, doubt KUL sector is viable for Finnair.

may be AY will using a mix of A343 and MD11 next year.

AY is leasing A343 later in this year.

so nice to see a new airline is coming to KUL.

purchased nine Airbus A350-900 jets and said it plans to add at least one Asian destination annually and increase flights.

I can say KUL might have the first A350 candidate to kiss KUL runway :)

Malaysia Boleh? KUL traffic volume is only about 1/3 of BKK. If compared with DAC, may be Malaysia is boleh else is naïve.

Without fifth freedom rights, doubt KUL sector is viable for Finnair.

Be that as it may, we are making progress nontheless. The recession hit is hard, and we are showing positive signs as to our recovery from that unfortunate event.

Not very patriotic eh? :mellow:

Sign in to follow this