MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

MAS Website Hacked by Cicakman!

It's not funny (I'm sure the vandals think it is) but trust me - it's lame.

Btw vandals, don't you have homework to do? Mummy's calling you go pick up your dirty clothes and clean your room.

It's not funny (I'm sure the vandals think it is) but trust me - it's lame.

Btw vandals, don't you have homework to do? Mummy's calling you go pick up your dirty clothes and clean your room.

Thought they are targeting the West and the friends of the US.

But are they also targeting Malaysia, of what supposed to be an Islamic country?

Thought they are targeting the West and the friends of the US.

But are they also targeting Malaysia, of what supposed to be an Islamic country?

I don't have an idea who they are, or what their allegiances are. To me, it's just childish - and a psychologist once told me vandalism (cyber or otherwise) stems from some other inadequacy usually.

I don't have an idea who they are, or what their allegiances are. To me, it's just childish - and a psychologist once told me vandalism (cyber or otherwise) stems from some other inadequacy usually.

Indeed. Agreed 200%. Claimed to be ISIS, but it may actually be other hackers too.

Indeed. Agreed 200%. Claimed to be ISIS, but it may actually be other hackers too.

ISIS is a red herring. If it was them, the message would be far more ominous than the childish nonsense that's been displayed.

From the looks of it the mobile site seems to be up and running now.

ISIS using hip hop? A bit out of character! :p

Anyway, to me this is just stupid. People with these skills should be making the world a better place, instead of engaging in this crap.

I am not an IT person, but I am puzzled as to why it needs 22 hours to be restored, as mention in the statement by MAS?

Probably due to DNS replication.

Most client devices also have a DNS cache. They take a while to refresh unless you manually flush the DNS cache.

Pax namelist wasn't exactly disclosed publicly...what they got was the emails sent out to pax or somebody's inbox, and one has to open the email to get the pax details based on the pax's booking...at least that was the screenshot that was revealed by the hackers.

The minister's itinerary was revealed as the email heading was glaring asking for immediate attention...something like GOM Dato Seri bla bla bla SZB-KBR URGENT....

Ok so who will be fired due to this fiasco? And how many people?

This is actually a briliant excuse to get rid of the entire old IT team which we are all so displeased ever since.

From audit and compliance point of view, this is a major security and data breach. Lots of related issues now can be questioned - data protection, internal control (or lack of), disaster recovery, lost of business and customer's goodwill during the effected period.

Lost of face some more (face turned to lizard).

Someone must be made a "scape-lizard".

Rather interesting to note that these Cicakman hackers are so determined to attack MAS. I wonder why? Must be one very pissed off passenger/staff/ex-staff.

Nothing other than to show proof they got in

And yes it would appear they have after all

Now all those IT bigwigs attempting premature PR recovery with gibberish gob about "DNS server level" need to get further down to bottom of problem, red faces and all

Clearly the gravity of the security breach has been underestimated

And if I were GOM Dato Seri bla bla bla SZB-KBR URGENT, I would have prepped my legal counsel to sue MAS for allowing my personal data to be breached with confirmation about it splashed accross mass media locally and abroad. This is easy money.

Ok so who will be fired due to this fiasco? And how many people?

You kidding ?! They will probably be handed commendations for extra work involved to resolve the mess. And don't be surprised if some consultant's expertise is outsourced to beef up the crumbled security

Sign in to follow this