MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Robert

SQ at gate G2

Last night I arrived in SQ118 and surprised to find it arrive at gate G2 which confused a few people. Ive being the KL-SIN commute for 6+ years and this has to be the first time that Ive seen an SQ flight arrive at one of these gates.

It parked at the MTB at least once too last month. Saw it while waiting for my flight back to BKI. Jahur once saw a LH plane parked at the MTB too.

Last night I arrived in SQ118 and surprised to find it arrive at gate G2 which confused a few people. Ive being the KL-SIN commute for 6+ years and this has to be the first time that Ive seen an SQ flight arrive at one of these gates.

Something to do with the State Visit of the President of Singapore to Malaysia?

Last night I arrived in SQ118 and surprised to find it arrive at gate G2 .....

Was that late evening ?

Saw the 333 there circa 9pm from a rather busy viewing gallery

Sg PM is known to travel by RSAF F50.

That's only on rare occasions and if he's not in a hurry to somewhere nearby. Almost all trips are made on commercial flights.

That's only on rare occasions and if he's not in a hurry to somewhere nearby. Almost all trips are made on commercial flights.

Good. No need to waste taxpayers' money unnecessarily! Besides, ain't this greener... using an existing flight that will fly with or without him...

Our PM and DPM arrived at BKI for the Msia Day celebration using seperate planes, arriving just less than an hour apart. PM in the Comlux A320 while DPM in the Global Express. Makes your blood boil at how much money they burn

Our PM and DPM arrived at BKI for the Msia Day celebration using seperate planes, arriving just less than an hour apart. PM in the Comlux A320 while DPM in the Global Express. Makes your blood boil at how much money they burn

I think flying on separate flights is a requirement. In the unlikely event of a fatal crash, the country's matters can be continued. However, they could've taken two separate COMMERCIAL flights.

I think flying on separate flights is a requirement. In the unlikely event of a fatal crash, the country's matters can be continued. However, they could've taken two separate COMMERCIAL flights.

I remember one year when Singapore PM, SM and MM all went to BWN for some wedding function, one went on the morning SQ flight, one on the BI flight, and one on the afternoon SQ flight.

I remember one year when Singapore PM, SM and MM all went to BWN for some wedding function, one went on the morning SQ flight, one on the BI flight, and one on the afternoon SQ flight.

Presumably, one of those SQ flights is a VVIP charter....the last time there are 2 scheduled SQ-group flights to BWN in a day was when SQ had 757s or Silkair was Tradewinds operating MD87s.

Presumably, one of those SQ flights is a VVIP charter....the last time there are 2 scheduled SQ-group flights to BWN in a day was when SQ had 757s or Silkair was Tradewinds operating MD87s.

Nope. Both were commercial flights. I was on duty that day. But that was at least before 2005, so sometime back already.

Edited by alberttky

Sign in to follow this