MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Visa Exemption for Malaysian Visitors to Japan

I wonder if it's because the Chinese tourists' Yuan is still giving Japanese tourism stakeholders the cold shoulder, prompting the Japanese authorities to seek alternative sources of tourists to make up the shortfall ?

Or could be that the Japanese economy is so dire nowadays, the illegal migrant workers (aeroplane jumpers) no longer find it an attractive destination ?

:)

Edited by BC Tam

I do wondered if there are lots of malaysian working illegally in Japan? Whats the reason/s on why the Japs impose a visa to malaysians in the first place. anyone?

I do wondered if there are lots of malaysian working illegally in Japan? Whats the reason/s on why the Japs impose a visa to malaysians in the first place. anyone?

I guess being the typical lazy Malaysians who think the world belongs to them, many decided the official emigration process is too tedious. We almost lost Visa exemption from the UK because of these buggers (including a friend of mine).

It's normal people who have to pay!

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

For some, it is opportunity to "jump from the plane" again! :p

**"jump from the plane" = overstaying**

I wonder if it's because the Chinese tourists' Yuan is still giving Japanese tourism stakeholders the cold shoulder, prompting the Japanese authorities to seek alternative sources of tourists to make up the shortfall ?

Or could be that the Japanese economy is so dire nowadays, the illegal migrant workers (aeroplane jumpers) no longer find it an attractive destination ?

:)

You are hitting the nail in the head, BC!

Chinese are staying away for two reasons - the Diaoyu/ Senkaku Island anti-Japanese sentiments and at least for HK, it is mostly to do with the uncertainly over the Fukushima reactors and the radiation it generated.

I reckon giving Malaysians the visa free status might cause less trouble than other countries such as Thailand and the Phillippines. I am sure the Bun buns would be keen to become the domestic workers there, now that they are not so welcomed in Chinese territories, including HK (remember the tourist bus incident), the mainland over the Spratlys islands and the by the Taiwanese over the recent boat murder case of a Taiwanese fisherman by Bun bun Marine. Malaysians are better of compared to the 80's, I believe. Hence engaging in the so-called 3 K's businesee. ie. Kitsui, Kitanai and Kiken in Japanese (indenture labouring, dirty work and hazardous work) is probably less attractive now. I believe back then the overstayers were mostly Chinese Malaysian in the past. My one of my uncle and aunty included, sorry to say,

Edited by S V Choong

Thats interesting... didnt realise that Japan one of the country that malaysian comfortable to live in especially with the language barrier. Knowing that malaysian is not soo adventurous unlike the filipino and thais

Edited by nrazmoor

Thats interesting... didnt realise that Japan one of the country that malaysian comfortable to live in especially with the language barrier. Knowing that malaysian is not soo adventurous unlike the filipino and thais

For those of us who can read and write Chinese, Japanese is recognisable for us as they use a considerable amount of Chinese characters in their language and shouldn't be hard for us to pick it up.

Chinese Malaysian are adventurous though! We can go everywhere, be it Australia, UK, Japan, US and etc.

I can understand if its in a country with english widely spoken... unlike the filipinos and thais you can easily find them in other parts of the world where english is almost non-existence :D

Edited by nrazmoor

I can understand if its in a country with english widely spoken... unlike the filipinos and thais you can easily find them in other parts of the world where english is almost non-existence :D

Not as far reaching as the Chinese. You can find a Chinese person almost anywhere around the world. It does not need to be English speaking countries.

I reckon giving Malaysians the visa free status might cause less trouble than other countries such as Thailand and the Phillippines.

Understand the Thais are to be accorded honour same time as Malaysians :)

And when we will have visa-free travel to USA just like our down under neighbour?

Malaysia still not ready for this... I won't even recommend even if USA is keened on giving free visa to us... look at the abuse in UK, really shame.

And when we will have visa-free travel to USA just like our down under neighbour?

Visa- free might be too much to ask. Maybe visa without interview ala Japan right now? That would be sweet

Visa- free might be too much to ask. Maybe visa without interview ala Japan right now? That would be sweet

Or maybe electronic visa ala Australia right now? That would be even better.

Or maybe electronic visa ala Australia right now? That would be even better.

Ah yes, the ETA. Hassle free. Just fill, pay and fly. For Japan although free still needs bank statements, employment letter, etc

U.S. B1/B2 visa is valid for 10 years. Spending half a day for interview can be better than renewing it yearly.

Country like Burma and Bangladesh hardly issue multiple entry visa.

The Malaysian arrangement with the US now is pretty good. 10 year visa for B1/B2 - i think it's reasonable. It could be worse, so i think we can't really complain.

US$160 for 10yrs is a good deal, but make sure go every year! :)

I'm into my 3rd visa now.

My first US visa was an 'indefinite' one, no expiry, then 9-11 came along and it got cancelled. Dang!

1001773_667939136556123_726154168_n.jpg

That would be somewhat impossible. Some of the detainees in Guantanamo Bay are Malaysians...

Used to be 2 of them, now no more.

SG ppl can enter USA under the visa waiver program -- works like the Austalian ETA. Fee per application is US$14.

Sign in to follow this