MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

More AAX flights to long haul destinations

PETALING JAYA: AirAsia X (AAX) will be increasing the frequency of its flights to long haul destinations including Australia, Taiwan and China next year.

The low-cost, long-haul airliner announced it would increase the number of flights from Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne, Taipei, and Chengdu, China, in two stages starting May 1 and July 1.

AAX chief executive officer Azran Osman-Rani said the increase was in response to the strong demand for flights to the three cities which recorded average passenger loads in excess of 80% this year.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/12/14/nation/12457819&sec=nation

I wonder how MH is doing on MEL-KUL, they haven't cut back despite the entry of EK & D7 on the route, somedays MEL-KUL has x5 Daily services, while the rest of the week has x4 Daily services. That's a lot of capacity for a mainly VFR route. If only MH did launch the initial A380 plans to MEL can they fight back their market share in the MEL market and have an edge over their current competitors, including SQ, QF & EK who all fly their A380's to MEL. SQ is double daily too.

That's a lot of capacity for a mainly VFR route.

What is a VFR route?

I wonder how MH is doing on MEL-KUL, they haven't cut back despite the entry of EK & D7 on the route, somedays MEL-KUL has x5 Daily services, while the rest of the week has x4 Daily services. That's a lot of capacity for a mainly VFR route. If only MH did launch the initial A380 plans to MEL can they fight back their market share in the MEL market and have an edge over their current competitors, including SQ, QF & EK who all fly their A380's to MEL. SQ is double daily too.

I know for Perth route, MH is usually just over half full whereas D7 is usually like completely full.

As passenger I don't really mind though. For twice in a row, I had 4 seats for myself. I had 4 TV screens. Full 'flat bed'. Better than business class except for food.

VFR - visiting family & relatives?

Yepp, that's the correct term used by Airports and Statistical data

More on the MEL-KUL route, the route increase schedule is as follows;

3 May: x9 Weekly

4 July: x12 Weekly

27 October: x14 Weekly

So from 27OCT13 MEL-KUL goes x5 Daily permanently, x2 MH, x2 D7 & x1 EK (continues to DXB)

VFR - visiting family & relatives?

I always thought VFR routes means the navigation is by reference to outside features such as rivers and towns. Usually practised by low flying small aircraft during daytime. Big jets fly IFR.

I always thought VFR routes means the navigation is by reference to outside features such as rivers and towns. Usually practised by low flying small aircraft during daytime. Big jets fly IFR.

Visual Flight Rule?

Define 'Long Haul' please ....... :unsure:

:hi:

One man's long is another man's short. :D

A short-haul flight is defined by Thomas Cook Airlines as a flight under 3 hours in length.A medium-haul flight is a flight between 3 and 6 hours.

Long-haul flights involve long distances, typically beyond six and a half hours in length

Unfortunately (for us), MH considers flights up to 8 hours as regional. :angry:

Sign in to follow this