MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Qatar Airways Joins oneworld on 30 October 2013

I am not sure whether this topic has been discussed earlier, but according to QR Facebook, they will start joining the alliance on 30th October 2013.

Here is the press release link, extracted from QR website

http://www.qatarairways.com/english_global/press-release.page?pr_id=pressrelease_130909-oneworld&CID=SMALL0678502232000000001105

I think BA is going to channel a lot of traffic to QR especially on the Kangaroo Route. Hence, their reluctance in codesharing with MH even on the existing MH1/2/3/4.

I think BA is going to channel a lot of traffic to QR especially on the Kangaroo Route. Hence, their reluctance in codesharing with MH even on the existing MH1/2/3/4.

Really? But that's quite a revenge on QF after QF working with EK in Dubai, right? and I remember there's another name for such route, it's not called kangaroo route anymore. Besides, hasn't BA started working with CX on the routes to Australia? It's interesting to see how much longer BA is going to fly to SYD via SIN and shift to HKG.

But QR only have daily flight to MEL and Perth currently... Think BA will stick with the current arrangement with CX for a while..

and I remember there's another name for such route, it's not called kangaroo route anymore.

The London - Australia via the Middle East is called the Falcon Route if I am not mistaken.

Really? But that's quite a revenge on QF after QF working with EK in Dubai, right? and I remember there's another name for such route, it's not called kangaroo route anymore. Besides, hasn't BA started working with CX on the routes to Australia? It's interesting to see how much longer BA is going to fly to SYD via SIN and shift to HKG.

Correct, MAR. QF are calling it the falcon route.

With QR onboard, there are more connections to africa, and middle east destinations. Will we see MH in Doha near future?

If they aren't code-sharing now, then the first step will probably be to code-share between KUL and Doha.

Edited by Josh T

Juding from the photos..seems that the event was carried out at Hamad Intl Airport.

Qatar defends lounge access limits on Qantas, oneworld frequent flyers

Qatar Airways has defended its decision not to allow top-tier frequent flyers of oneworld partner airlines such as Qantas into Qatar’s premium lounges at Doha and London Heathrow airports.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-defends-lounge-access-limits-on-qantas-oneworld-frequent-flyers?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=flipper&utm_campaign=home-flipper

Oryx lounge at DOH is better than silver lounge.

When I was at the website, its states the Silver lounge having hot food while the Oryx lounge only have sandwiches and snacks....

As i can recalled, food serving at oryx and silver lounge are similar but oryx lounge is larger and more comfy. And the premium terminal at DOH is a class above.

Sign in to follow this