MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
mdsaleh

Subang(WMSA/SZB) 2012

USAFGulfstremIV.jpg

No more space...I park behind you...

Fireblyline.jpg

Very clean looking Berjaya...

BerjayaClean.jpg

The Grizzly-4 taxied to Airforce base on her own power for the welcoming ceremony...

Shot from far & highly cropped..

SZB15Apr12-1996.jpg

An Israel IAI-1124-A Westwind from Philippine, RP-C5880.... has that Flying Doctor logo on the fuselage

SZB15Apr12-2083.jpg

note: Still waiting for timing of the Grizzly-4 joyrides tomorrow..

Good catches Norman and KS! And good luck trying to catch tomorrow's flying! Thanks for sharing. :)

Would also appreciate info on any flights for Tuesday as well as departure for Indonesia on Wednesday. Must try to catch the Grizzly before it goes off!

I saw the Westwind landing at PEN a few months back..from far the livery looks à la Las Vegas Sands.

Sorry,bit off topic..there's a Eurofighter Typhoon replica on display outside PWTC.

Edited by MIR

Amazed to see the A400M is this large; never saw her in real life, but seeing her behind that Gulfstream, she sure is way bigger than a C130 !!!

Amazed to see the A400M is this large; never saw her in real life, but seeing her behind that Gulfstream, she sure is way bigger than a C130 !!!

Yes Pieter, Airbus is trying to build a turboprop C-17! It is not quite as capable as a C-17 but it does carry about 2X the load of the C-130 and has more range.

What a lovely sight! :)

Thanks for sharing, tukun59 - how long did you have to wait for it? What time did it fly?

Departed around 4.35 as Alpha India Bravo 403

A400MRolling.jpg

A400MSide.jpg

A400MRotate.jpg

What a lovely sight! :)

Thanks for sharing, tukun59 - how long did you have to wait for it? What time did it fly?

Thanks Flee, first I was about to give up when I saw her takeoff in the middle of the rwy towards 33. before that I just gamble to come at 3pm. lucky TK came and ask me to stay...hah I know she will came back...

Good catch Tukun & KS Ong.... :clapping:

The RMAF roundel has gone...

BTW... the 402 decomm from RMAF last year if I'm not mistaken...

Went to SZB this morning in an attempt to capture Grizzly 4. After 3 hours, all I got was this:

770194.jpg

770200.jpg

I subsequently saw the A400M flying around KL airspace at about 12.15 pm. Will try to get back to SZB in the afternoon and hope that it does another sortie. :)

Edited by flee

OZ435 (or OZ453) from Penang. C-17 A41-210

It overflew KUL yesterday for Penang around 1700...so here she is today...what a surprise.

After landing, straight to Air Force Base.

17apr12a412107663mw.jpg

Alpha India Bravo 404 was the call sign for EC-404

Cleared to Kuantan.

17apr12ec4047742mw.jpg

AIB 404 quick taxi and cleared for take off via taxiway Hotel...wohoo...

Norman was with me today...he came at 0800 and i joined him at 1000.

17apr12ec4047757mw.jpg

what a luck for Norman and myself...2 different military transport aircraft...both look alike.

We got both male and female grizzly!!! ha ha ha

Flee.... you should wait for another hour as Grizzly-4 took-off at 1200, an hour after she taxied to Airforce base,

about the same time the C17 landed....

Yeah... worth 4-hour wait today, the first 2hrs was "in the dark" as I don't have a scanner, only after 1000 that we can monitor the movements...

We were very lucky as OZ435... C-17 did a go-around before landing, as she came as a surprise...

SZB17Apr12-2213.jpg

Waited for an hour as "predicted" by TK, proved right.... and our minds were frantically trying to decide to where to position ourselves as we were unsure initially where the Grizzly going to take-off from..... and initially she were offered Rwy33, as she emerged from Zulu...

Luckily she declined.... and proceed to Rwy15

SZB17Apr12-8221.jpg

We were too late to move to another location (thinking she might go all the way to Kilo... where the furniture shop would be the best, if not the small hill..)... then we heard she'll take Hotel.... right in front of us...

Just nice for butt-shot...

SZB17Apr12-8249.jpg

and... look... both sides no more roundel...

SZB17Apr12-8254.jpg

and... a short unedited FullHD video from D7000

& that's TK's at 0:21

and yeah... lucky for TK too.... as ex-Mr Trump posing for the camera for a few minute before went off for a short 20min spin to 10000ft

SZB17Apr12-8213.jpg