MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chaity

KLIA 23rd Feb 06 evening

I was at 32L in the evening. Usual traffic with lots of MAS planes. <_>

I took some close up shots instead.

Tripple 7 coming in and had a really smooth landing later.

IPB Image

Airbus turn. The person looking out from the third window must be thinking "Ah! Reaching my destination soon and I wished to have my camera to shoot that spotter down there."

IPB Image

After quite a boring wait for sometime, the sun went hiding behind some dark clouds. :angry:

AK 320 came. Aiseh! Why not the Red Devil ? I haven't got a shot of that plane yet.

Thinking it must be AFA or AFB, just gave a few clicks-lah. After that, saw AFD !!! :huh: :huh:

IPB Image

Waited until the flying pencil

IPB Image

Decided to make a move and strated packing my things. Started my car and saw a 4-holer coming.

OK-lah! Watch her land before I make a move. When it came closer, still couldn't see the livery. Did my eyes do tricks to me and all I can see was white ? :o

Quickly open my bag, grab my camera and on it, un-done that damn seatbelt and rush out of the car to get this shot while my handphone was dangling 3 feet from the ground by the handsfree kit. :D :D

IPB Image

Nice short spotting session even though lighting was not that good. :mellow:

Nice shots Chaity..

Ques: The front section of the MH A330..is that business class??? See quite a few head looking out the window..Load must be uqite good..

Nice catch of the 742..Is that a new plane leased by MasKargo??

Anymore shot Chaity..Enjoyed dem..thanks..

Thanks guys.

The all white plane is with reg no TF-ARW and a checked in Anet will see her in MASkargo livery.

Wonder why she's all white now ?

Chaity,

4th Airbus from Air Asia.... more to come.... hehehehe... :lol:

-Now everyone can fly-

Edited by Meor

Chaity,

4th Airbus from Air Asia.... more to come.... hehehehe... :lol:

-Now everyone can fly-

You are right, Meor.

Another 96 to come... :lol:

After quite a boring wait for sometime, the sun went hiding behind some dark clouds. :angry:

AK 320 came. Aiseh! Why not the Red Devil ? I haven't got a shot of that plane yet.

Thinking it must be AFA or AFB, just gave a few clicks-lah. After that, saw AFD !!! :huh: :huh:

IPB Image

Chaity,

See also my Asian delivery news topic, about delivery-date of 9M-AFD ;) Still nice white wheels :p

Really nice pictures: the nose shots of MH are nice: a good way to compare the cockpit-windows differences B)

Great shots Chaity. All shots made by MW members are all excellence but why just share here? Here pixs are much better than the pixs of KUL in Airliners and JP :)

hi guys...what r those white tanks on the A340 pic...is it jet's fuel tank?

White tanks?

Fuel tanks for all commercial airliners are in the wings and the fuselage. They are not visible from the outside.

Do you mean the wing root fairings?

Really nice pictures: the nose shots of MH are nice: a good way to compare the cockpit-windows differences B)

I think Triple provides a better view than buses... :)

Chaity, nice!

White tanks?

Fuel tanks for all commercial airliners are in the wings and the fuselage. They are not visible from the outside.

i think he mean those white building with MH logo on the ground~ :p

White tanks?

I think they are jet fuel tanks.. Captain RAdzi... I think he meant the tanks "in the" LH346 pix.. instead of tanks on LH346 hehe.. a lil misunderstanding over words :p

;) why the light install under the wing?

Instead of installing those in the fairing close to the fuselage, Airbus opted for the "drop-down" types under the wings for the A320, a la the "drop-outwards" on the MD11 nose, or 737 drop-down wing-"tip" ones...

Instead of installing those in the fairing close to the fuselage, Airbus opted for the "drop-down" types under the wings for the A320, a la the "drop-outwards" on the MD11 nose, or 737 drop-down wing-"tip" ones...

hi Pieter, sorry for burst ur explaining... :( coz my poor english... really sorry... btw, may i hav a more detail one? :)

I think they are jet fuel tanks.. Captain RAdzi... I think he meant the tanks "in the" LH346 pix.. instead of tanks on LH346 hehe.. a lil misunderstanding over words :p

OK sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes they are fuel tanks. There is an underground pipeline from Port Dickson to the KLIA Fuel Farm (that is what that place is called). From there again it is distributed by pipelines to the parking bays for fueling the aircraft.

OK sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes they are fuel tanks. There is an underground pipeline from Port Dickson to the KLIA Fuel Farm (that is what that place is called). From there again it is distributed by pipelines to the parking bays for fueling the aircraft.

Thanks for the info Radzi

Didn't know there was a pipeline from PD to KUL

hi Pieter, sorry for burst ur explaining... :( coz my poor english... really sorry... btw, may i hav a more detail one? :)

Sherman, sorry about that; let me try to explain in more simple English:

A320, landing lights will drop-down from underneath the wings - like AK A320 you saw...

different aircraft have different options...take a look at this link of a Russian YAK-40:

http://www.flugzeugbilder.de/show.php?id=450570

they come forward from the nose...this will also happen with the MD11, like I said before...

Boeing 737's have landing-lights in the wing-fairings (close to the fuselage) as well as drop-down ones near the wing-tips (sorry, couldn't find pictures to show you)...maybe, captain Radzi can explain more about those when in use on the 737's (as they are not always used, I noticed). ;)

Hope, it's more clear now; it all depends on the manufacturer how to install what kind of lights...