MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chaity

KLIA 23rd Feb 06 evening

Boeing 737's have landing-lights in the wing-fairings (close to the fuselage) as well as drop-down ones near the wing-tips (sorry, couldn't find pictures to show you)...maybe, captain Radzi can explain more about those when in use on the 737's (as they are not always used, I noticed). ;)

The ones near the wingroot is the inboard landing light; the drop-down ones is the outboard landing light.

The inboard ones are more powerful. They are used for all landings, to see and to be seen. That's why they are used even in bright daylight.

The outboard ones are slightly less powerful, they are used in addition to the inboard ones. At night for takeoff and landings as much lighting as possible is used.

AK733 sometimes use all landing lights even during daylight. Why, I do not know.

It is really informative from the answers of you guys. :) :)

Just to add a few more shots from that day.

Vietnam Airlines with SEA Games livery is still better than the normal old livery

IPB Image

My favourite AK plane

IPB Image

Clouds like this will reduce the chances of getting sharper plane photos. Shot the clouds instead. :D

IPB Image

SIA coming in

IPB Image

Better take more shots of her before she goes back to her own country. :(

IPB Image

Clouds like this will reduce the chances of getting sharper plane photos. Shot the clouds instead. :D

IPB Image

I love shots like this. It looks as if the heaven's door has open and those pretty (hopefully nude :p) angels gonna fly out from the sunlight. :lol:

wat use for outboard landing light?

i though only got inboard landing light :(

Just like Radzi says, at night or when require as much lighting as possible. 5 lights is always better than 3 right? :p

I love shots like this. It looks as if the heaven's door has open and those pretty (hopefully nude :p) angels gonna fly out from the sunlight. :lol:

Yeah Adrian M, those lights coming out of the clouds casted some mysteries.

You will either see new hope or fallen angels :lol:

Good traffic for you there, Chai...

Now we know... Saturday late afternoon is boringggg.... :(

You were right Norman, I didn't expect that many varities on that day.

I am longing to spot on Sat especially Transaero that I haven't got. :angry: :angry:

thanks very much, Pieter, Adrian, and Capt. Radzi also.... at last my cloud r clear... don forget i owing u guys a cup of teh tarik ar..... :lol: btw, back to topic, Chaity, ur heaven pix so........ :lol: can't find a word to describe.... :p