MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

A330 disabled in KCH

What's that dirt trail under the aircraft's rear bottom? I see this on most ACs.

Edited by H Azmal

What's that dirt trail under the aircraft's rear bottom?

Precisely my thought when I first saw the pic ! Don't they bother keeping the birds clean anymore ?

With stuff leaking from the aircraft like so, could be more serious than the 'skid' off the runway in time to come !!

As much as we like to see clean planes, unfortunately planes are made to fly and make RM/$. Not using up RM/$ to be cleaned up and polish. U shoud have a look at SQ aircraft. I do not remember seeing any of the planes that I fly which is clean at all.

Captain Radzi, well said. Let the investigators do their job.

Not a problem.. thanx to Nick and his Mas van driver buddy for informing us bout the incident.. if not.. well we wont know about it :)

thank you so much ignatius!!

Like u said so Azahan, MWings are better than the presss... :lol:

As much as we like to see clean planes, unfortunately planes are made to fly and make RM/$. Not using up RM/$ to be cleaned up and polish.

Exactly why the KLM planes are also so dirty: they have to "earn money" and not sit idle "in front of the mirror and shine" ;)

I'm not questioning whether they keep the birds clean or not - I was once with KTM and I pretty much understand and agree with LeeCh's statement - just curious what caused them since they seem to have a precise pattern.

So, anybody knows?

The reason why they berkumpul there is because they are trying to tow it using the pushback truck.. see the chain attached to it.. You can also see the stuck nose gear in the mud...

IPB Image

Strobes still on? :lol: Whats that in red?

See the pushback truck.... then there is the JCB not picture to later dig a hole near the nose gear to loosen it from the mud prior to towing attempt..

IPB Image

Oh god..some 'feaces' coming out from the ass :p

ANyways, thanks ya for sharing and 'reporting'.

Thanks to all the KCH members and others for the good coverage. B)

This is even better than footages shown by our TV stations.

Dante, hehe so you were in the air when it happened? They didnt radio u the news? hehe.

Min Chun,. The red thingy is STROBES caught in the frame hehe.. it is on.. and i caught her..!!

Chaity.. Tv stations just want viewers.. Mwingers wants the truth.. We went out there to "VIEW" the "Truth" haha.. :lol:

As much as we like to see clean planes, unfortunately planes are made to fly and make RM/$. Not using up RM/$ to be cleaned up and polish

Well, guess you all in the industry should know better than us 'commoners' !!

Seriously though, how much do you reckon it will cost an airline to give, say a 744, a good scrub and rinse ? Yes, there will be downtime incurred, but we see plenty of MH birds lying idle at KLIA - why not schedule a wash during those periods ?

And then compare the cost of implementing a wash schedule vs the cost of putting out those fancy adverts glamourising air travel aboard MH. It's one thing to show how comfortable, luxurious, pampering etc etc it can be on board (assuming they have cleaned the interior properly), quite another to see a dirty, grease stained piece of equipment that one is supposed to have trust in hurling us through the sky, safely ?

Another thought, don't those grease marks or whatever stains mean anything to the engineers, safety officers etc ? Could be tell tale signs of leakage somewhere, somehow. If the bird was clean to start with, it would be easier to spot the emerging marks earlier, hence problems can be fixed earlier before safety is compromised. Just a few thoughts to share !

Deputy transport minister on-board??? Maybe now he will reccomend to expedite the runway expansion and parrallel taxiway :)

That u-turn is extremely tight on 25.. have experienced it many times on the A330 going and coming from PER...

This happens quite often around the world.. I remember a few years ago in PER, a BA744 got bogged doing exactly the same maneuver as Mike Kilo Echo..

"s#1t happens."

I had passed through KCH in MKE less than a week earlier. Last night passed through on MKA.

Have to agree with Radzi's comments on KCH, abandon the terminal and look in the serious issue, the runway!

I had passed through KCH in MKE less than a week earlier. Last night passed through on MKA.

Have to agree with Radzi's comments on KCH, abandon the terminal and look in the serious issue, the runway!

[/quo

Gibby... look at the bright side.. we can get more exclusive pix here ehhe :lol: jk jk touch wood.. anyways... i dedicate some A320 pix in WBGG 19/02/2006 spotting pix for u.. sunset ones.. :)

Ignatius, cheers mate, much appreciated.

No worries there,.. cheers.... ;)

Sign in to follow this