MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
jani

MAS Joins oneworld!

Some updates from www.routesonline.com

Malaysia Airlines begins Cathay Pacific Trans-Pacific codeshare in S18

Malaysia Airlines starting next week is expanding codeshare partnership with Cathay Pacific, covering the latter’s selected service to the US. From 25MAR18, planned new codeshare routes as follow.

Malaysia Airlines operated by Cathay Pacific

Hong Kong – Los Angeles

Hong Kong – New York JFK

Hong Kong – San Francisco

Long overdue

Some updates from www.routesonline.com

Malaysia Airlines begins Cathay Pacific Trans-Pacific codeshare in S18

Malaysia Airlines starting next week is expanding codeshare partnership with Cathay Pacific, covering the latter’s selected service to the US. From 25MAR18, planned new codeshare routes as follow.

Malaysia Airlines operated by Cathay Pacific

Hong Kong – Los Angeles

Hong Kong – New York JFK

Hong Kong – San Francisco

I just bought a round-trip Malaysia Airlines Economy ticket from New York JFK to KUL a few days ago, am happy that I now have more options to KUL. One downside of this code-share is, I am unable to choose a seat before check-in on the CX sector from JFK to HKG and back because the airline confirmation code is issued by MH. The MH agent won't have access to CX's booking system, while the CX agent in the U.S. can't allow me to access the seat plan with this code. This situation is unlike the American Airlines-Malaysia Airlines code share flights I previously took, but maybe MH and CX's system still need more time to fully integrate with each other.

Edited by Alan Lua

I just bought a round-trip Malaysia Airlines Economy ticket from New York JFK to KUL a few days ago, am happy that I now have more options to KUL. One downside of this code-share is, I am unable to choose a seat before check-in on the CX sector from JFK to HKG and back because the airline confirmation code is issued by MH. The MH agent won't have access to CX's booking system, while the CX agent in the U.S. can't allow me to access the seat plan with this code. This situation is unlike the American Airlines-Malaysia Airlines code share flights I previously took, but maybe MH and CX's system still need more time to fully integrate with each other.

Your CX confirmation code is the same as MH's now that both are using Amadeus. What fare did you book? The reason you can't choose a seat could be because you're on a fare that doesn't allow advance seat selection. However, OW elites can do so regardless of fare, if the FFP number is in the booking.

Your CX confirmation code is the same as MH's now that both are using Amadeus. What fare did you book? The reason you can't choose a seat could be because you're on a fare that doesn't allow advance seat selection. However, OW elites can do so regardless of fare, if the FFP number is in the booking.

I see. This is an odd situation because I have always been able to select a seat, whether online or with an agent before check-in, in all previous flights that I took except for this one. The CX agent didn't mention anything about the fare code though, she mentioned about not having access... I'll be sure to take note of this the next time I book.

Even if the PNRs are different, you should be able to get CXs by providing the e-ticket number. Then use the CX PNR to select seats - if the fare allows it - on the CX website.

Even if the PNRs are different, you should be able to get CXs by providing the e-ticket number. Then use the CX PNR to select seats - if the fare allows it - on the CX website.

Thanks for the information guys. Just spoke to the agent, the booking reference for CX and MH are the same but I was told that I'm unable to log into CX's online flight management system. But yes, it seems the issue is with the booking class... I was told by the CX agent to give them a call 48 hours before departure in order to select a seat. It's going to be a 16-hour (!) long non-stop flight from JFK-HKG, I just hope I don't get an undesirable seat... On the bright side, I got this ticket for a very, very good deal, which made me choose to take MH this time.

Edited by Alan L

But yes, it seems the issue is with the booking class... I was told by the CX agent to give them a call 48 hours before departure in order to select a seat.

At T-48 hours just go straight to the CX website and perform online check-in.

It seems MH exchange fewer data and slower with OW partners. MH booking didn't pick up OW FFP status on a few sectors and on OW partner FFP website, it display other OW booking (e.g. BA, UL) but not MH.

Is MH on the way leaving OW?

Edited by KK Lee

Ok, now that you mention it, I don't recall them concluding their post landing announcement with "...... Malaysia Airlines, member of One World Alliance ......" on my recent flight :)

It seems MH exchange fewer data and slower with OW partners. MH booking didn't pick up OW FFP status on a few sectors and on OW partner FFP website, it display other OW booking (e.g. BA, UL) but not MH.

Uhuh, I don't think they are leaving OW tho.

Went to a fair yesterday, saw booth promoting Enrich as well, on their brochure and stuffs, it shows and emphasize Enrich members able to entitle benefits from their OW network airlines etc.

If you are on a one world flight, say you are on a Qantas flight and you are not able to get any Elite Points to your Enrich due to the class of travel. However if you use the Qantas FF you get points. So if you then nominate QFF for the flight, can you still use your Enrich Gold card to get lounge access, priority boarding etc?

If you are on a one world flight, say you are on a Qantas flight and you are not able to get any Elite Points to your Enrich due to the class of travel. However if you use the Qantas FF you get points. So if you then nominate QFF for the flight, can you still use your Enrich Gold card to get lounge access, priority boarding etc?

Yes. Just enter your QF number into the booking, and present your Enrich Gold card at the lounge/gate. Just make sure they dont update (replace) the QF number with your Enrich one, especially if you present it at the check in desk.

Yes. Just enter your QF number into the booking, and present your Enrich Gold card at the lounge/gate. Just make sure they dont update (replace) the QF number with your Enrich one, especially if you present it at the check in desk.

Thanks for the information. This is just what I need to know. Good to know that you can enjoy the benefits of Enrich Gold although you chose to use your Qantas FF for the flight.