MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
jani

MAS Joins oneworld!

It's really pleasing to hear this as the code shares between MH and AA would be expanded further. AA has already allowed the booking codesharing with MH but MH booking engine doesn't seem appearing the USA routes yet, though available in the route map.

It's certified 5-star by Skytrax but there are many things that are not 5-star about this airline. And they seriously need to do something about their Economy Class meal service for flights around SEA. The meal presentation is cheap.

Really? i don't think so... Been on some flights with MH to few destinations and compared to CX, their economy class meal is quite memorable and tasty... I think it's because the taste is closer to the flavours of Malaysian...

If MH were to be given 5 stars on their meal, I give 4 stars for CX; and if 4 stars were given to MH, then 3 stars for CX...

Really? i don't think so... Been on some flights with MH to few destinations and compared to CX, their economy class meal is quite memorable and tasty... I think it's because the taste is closer to the flavours of Malaysian...

If MH were to be given 5 stars on their meal, I give 4 stars for CX; and if 4 stars were given to MH, then 3 stars for CX...

I was talking specifically about the meal presentation. There is absolutely no contest for the meals served in Y on flights around SEA. While they have finally scrapped the stupid snack box idea last year, the "new tray" used (blue one) on regional flights looks so old with scratches everywhere. And the dessert cup and appetizer cup, cheap disposable plastic one ? Seriously ? On a 5-star airline ?

Anyway, taste wise, well, that's debatable and subjective. MAS Briyani rice is very good! Others are a hit or miss and if you fly on a particular route pair often, you'll notice MAS hardly change their menu in Y.

And by the way, on the flight I took from KK to KL yesterday operated by 734, old tray (the light grey color tray) was instead used in Y. So I believe the old trays are still used. So basically I think MAS is currently using 3 different types of tray in Y nowadays is it ? I suppose this is to compliment their several different plane liveries so the Y meal tray won't feel lonely ? :D

Edited by Isaac

I was talking specifically about the meal presentation. There is absolutely no contest for the meals served in Y on flights around SEA. While they have finally scrapped the stupid snack box idea last year, the "new tray" used (blue one) on regional flights looks so old with scratches everywhere. And the dessert cup and appetizer cup, cheap disposable plastic one ? Seriously ? On a 5-star airline ?

Anyway, taste wise, well, that's debatable and subjective. MAS Briyani rice is very good! Others are a hit or miss and if you fly on a particular route pair often, you'll notice MAS hardly change their menu in Y.

And by the way, on the flight I took from KK to KL yesterday operated by 734, old tray (the light grey color tray) was instead used in Y. So I believe the old trays are still used. So basically I think MAS is currently using 3 different types of tray in Y nowadays is it ? I suppose this is to compliment their several different plane liveries so the Y meal tray won't feel lonely ? :D

If it's about product consistency, CX is way better than MH... Adui.... I always hope MH will do better... Big part to say they have way too much liveries... and the small parts like the tray you have mentioned... :( anyway i still hope to try on their MH72/73 services onboard A380... Probably by 2014 :D and yes their nasi briyani is tasty! Edited by roychin87

If it's about product consistency, CX is way better than MH... Adui.... I always hope MH will do better... Big part to say they have way too much liveries... and the small parts like the tray you have mentioned... :( anyway i still hope to try on their MH72/73 services onboard A380... Probably by 2014 :D and yes their nasi briyani is tasty!

Agree on this...In terms of consistency CX (whom I have flown for the past 4 years) has very consistent presentation on the food offering event the taste is subjectable & debatable......

Flew twice on CX and still feel that the serving ex-KUL is better than ex-HKG.

They should just cater from hawker centres!

And it will be cheaper and tastier too!

Tht will be very ideal but it will not happen....imagine whacking char koay teow or hokkien mee at 30,000ft above sea level.....

Does anyone know if MH and CX use the same caterer in PEN ?

Reason being, the lounge food in MH seems to taste better than what I used to taste in CX lounge in PEN (before they closed down CX lounge due to airport expansion)

Tht will be very ideal but it will not happen....imagine whacking char koay teow or hokkien mee at 30,000ft above sea level.....

Reason being, the lounge food in MH seems to taste better than what I used to taste in CX lounge in PEN (before they closed down CX lounge due to airport expansion)

Mmm...char koay teow and hokkien mee at 30000ft...

Now that the CX lounge has closed, does that mean all the CX pax are using the MH lounge in PEN?

Yep, LSG

Yea, but some people can't stomach hawker food. Will get diarrhea.

There is always carbon and loperamide :D

For dessert ? :)

Edited by BC Tam

Aiyah. Never mind diarrhoea. You can only truly appreciate if you are Malaysian! LOL

Flew twice on CX and still feel that the serving ex-KUL is better than ex-HKG.

as always... same caterer but different standard and taste... :pardon: the only food i enjoyed having on CX flights were the super dried buns with butter... :rofl:

MAS seeks code-share with British Airways, Latam Airlines

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/4/26/business/13026771&sec=business

Good to hear a move like this, especially with BA. I wonder when QF would come into picture. There are already carriers like KL & UL codesharing with MH's metals to Australian cities, and who knows even more like AF?

MAS seeks code-share with British Airways, Latam Airlines

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/4/26/business/13026771&sec=business

Good to hear a move like this, especially with BA. I wonder when QF would come into picture. There are already carriers like KL & UL codesharing with MH's metals to Australian cities, and who knows even more like AF?

For purely selfish reasons: BA codesharing with MH would be a Godsend if they don't have serious sales restrictions on them :)

To qualify in BAEC for status, you need BA flights and BA codeshares do count :)

I recall MH did some advertisement about codeshare flights from LHR to MAN a few months ago (with BA?). But I couldn't book it directly on MH booking engine. Is calling the call centre the only way at the moment? Anyone has any idea when these codeshare flights can be booked online on MH website?

I recall MH did some advertisement about codeshare flights from LHR to MAN a few months ago (with BA?). But I couldn't book it directly on MH booking engine. Is calling the call centre the only way at the moment? Anyone has any idea when these codeshare flights can be booked online on MH website?

MH and AA have had codesharing services to USA routes, but unfortunately, all the flights to USA cannot be booked on MH engine and can only be made in AA's.

MH magically adds Atlanta, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, Boston, Houston, Las Vegas, San Diego, San Francisco and Washington DC into its network via Chicago, Los Angeles and New York through codeshare with AA.

http://airlineroute.net/2013/07/05/mhaa-codeshare-jul13/

Now if only the IT Department finally wakes up and add it into their booking engine.