MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
jani

MAS Joins oneworld!

Not sure whether it is due to oneworld or some other factors, but I noticed lately that load factors on MH flights are quite good, almost full on most of the B738 flights. This is not statistics, this is from my own observation.

Not sure whether it is due to oneworld or some other factors, but I noticed lately that load factors on MH flights are quite good, almost full on most of the B738 flights. This is not statistics, this is from my own observation.

Apparently so.

From @Mohd Azizul Ramli own posting on another thread: http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=12195&p=330386

From an average of 6% average growth for four months before OneWorld, it is now an average of 25% from Feb till April!

Thanks MAR for the analysis!

I think so too - flights to Australia are almost full! Was told in a recent flgiht to Perth that it was oversold.

MH magically adds Atlanta, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, Boston, Houston, Las Vegas, San Diego, San Francisco and Washington DC into its network via Chicago, Los Angeles and New York through codeshare with AA.

http://airlineroute.net/2013/07/05/mhaa-codeshare-jul13/

Now if only the IT Department finally wakes up and add it into their booking engine.

You should be able to buy them online soon - i see fares to those cities already published. Asked my TA to price out a simple KUL-LAS fare (MH92/MH9530) and it was able to autoprice.

Published: Monday July 8, 2013 MYT 6:11:00 PM
Updated: Monday July 8, 2013 MYT 6:23:28 PM

MAS adds Kochi, reinstates Darwin, Dubai (update)

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysian Airlines System Bhd (MAS) has added Kochi in India to its network from Sept 1 with daily flights.

It also announced on Monday it was reinstating flights to Darwin by Nov 1 with five flights a week, and daily flights to Dubai from Aug 5

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2013/07/08/MAS-adds-Kochi-and-reinstates-Darwin-and-Dubai.aspx

Malaysia Airlines needs to grow in tandem with the growth of the region. This means investing in our fleet, in the quality of our product and services,” Ahmad Jauhari said at a press conference.

Mr A.J just realised that...hopefully he will consider to execute it..

Not sure whether this is the right place for me to discuss about this, but anyway, as I was searching for some photos of #malaysiaairlines on instagram, found a picture of a mas 737 wearing an old livery but with the MXC/MXB-liked tail logo, at the hangar, anyone can confirm this? or 'photoshopped' ?

I think this could be the picture you're taking about:

9f57684611f511e3aee522000a9f15b9_7.jpg

Check the picture before:

e6c23d3e11f811e381f122000a1fbafb_6.jpg

It could just be the angle.

Credits to @naj_mahal_

Agree on this...In terms of consistency CX (whom I have flown for the past 4 years) has very consistent presentation on the food offering event the taste is subjectable & debatable......

So which one is MH's standard livery now? I am lost now.

The MAS logo is just as it has been for years until someone came up with the idea of cropping it by displacing it... A total disaster in my opinion

Edited by S V Choong

I think this could be the picture you're taking about:

It could just be the angle.

Yeap that's the picture, maybe you're right, just the angle problem :pardon:

I don't like it when the wau reaches all the way to the end of the tail.

oneworld a success for Malaysia Airlines

2013 named a successful year for carrier

"....the airline has seen a 42% increase in passengers compared to last year and has also signed up 200 more corporate accounts since joining the alliance earlier this year."

http://www.traveldailymedia.com/199673/oneworld-a-success-for-malaysia-airlines/

Or code share with CX all the way from kul.

I thought CX (and KA) and MH already have codeshare agreements between MY and HK already?