MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
jani

MAS Joins oneworld!

well well well

this issue happened to me on 12th of February 2013 when I was travelling on BA from Budapest to Heathrow.

My card was not recognised by the lounge operator and I was shooed away by them. However, I talked to the nicely, asking them to browse the internet, showing them what Malaysia Airlines is........and finally they let me in.

Simple....

No need to 'libas rambut' in front of the lounge receptionists, sometimes they are not informed especially at this early stage.....

Great. It was probably the first time in their lives to see Enrich card and you showed it to them.

We can expect teething problems to occur.

I am still waiting for my double miles to be credited flying Qantas over the weekend. I will give it a good two weeks to see whether it will be credited or not.

Dean - no need to resort to personal attacks.

Anyways, the VP of Lounge Management are aware of the issue and are investigating. It shouldn't have been a problem & Azizul's friend should have been able to enter the lounge. Don't know whether it is a oneworld issue or an MH issue.

As for Enrich's Karen - good for her. That's what you get when you have the big boss breathing down your neck.

Btw, when will Enrich's Karen make a formal appearance?...

(Ok, maybe she is not terribly hungry for over-exposure like her predecessor, but still...good to know somebody who we can direct our rants to.)

well well well

this issue happened to me on 12th of February 2013 when I was travelling on BA from Budapest to Heathrow.

My card was not recognised by the lounge operator and I was shooed away by them. However, I talked to the nicely, asking them to browse the internet, showing them what Malaysia Airlines is........and finally they let me in.

Simple....

No need to 'libas rambut' in front of the lounge receptionists, sometimes they are not informed especially at this early stage.....

the guy manning the KLIA golden lounge just before CNY actually told me to request for the new enrich card with the appropriate oneworld logo and qualification to ensure that I can access oneworld lounges around the world without any problem

i guess someone must have complained to them about being denied access to oneworld lounges elsewhere...

the guy manning the KLIA golden lounge just before CNY actually told me to request for the new enrich card with the appropriate oneworld logo and qualification to ensure that I can access oneworld lounges around the world without any problem

i guess someone must have complained to them about being denied access to oneworld lounges elsewhere...

Yes, true

They requested the card with oneworld logo to ensure smooth access.

I've received mine a few days ago.....but no more lounge access for me. Sighhhhhh

you know, normally when i bumped into someone (guy) who using this type of very rude and foul language online, they are belong to PUSSY, AUWW2, FAG, SOFT GUYS, GAYS group. Are you one of them? If that is the case, that explaining why you still single and not married yet even you already 30++ years of age. Its not a personal attack, but its the way you behave, already revealed who you are :clapping: :)

Damn straight! :) But no thank you, I don't smoke.

I do not use any rude or foul language in reply #572. In fact, the content is rather academic, supported with facts. I swear if you read it through over and over again, you would be astonished on how a discussion about being denied entry into a designated lounge ended up with homophobic remarks from your side. How would that even relate to the topic being discussed in the first place?

I don't have a vagina. I am surprised you knew a lot of fabrications about me. I must be famous. :air_kiss:

On a serious note, I understand that some forum members can feel threaten or agitated if being presented with a heavyweight point of arguments, especially if he/she have some limitations to respond (for example lack of knowledge, unable to quote reliable sources, contradiction to your belief or lack of vocabulary especially if your command of English is rather poor et. al.). It has been exhibited many times in online forums, reality shows, political talks et. al that such people will resort to personal attack to gain 'victory' in the so called argument. You do not have to put yourself so low just for the sake of posting a reply. You would think that you could make the other person looks bad, but actually it will just tarnishing your integrity. In the UK, you could be prosecuted if I reported this case to the authority.

The forum comes with a PM function (PM is Personal Messaging if you are not aware of it) which you can use if you have any dissatisfaction of personal nature towards me.

p/s:

If "kepala hotak kau" is considered rude and foul, then I pity you for not getting it. It's a carbon copy of P. Ramlee's jokes from a lot of his movies.

On a serious note, I understand that some forum members can feel threaten or agitated if being presented with a heavyweight point of arguments, especially if he/she have some limitations to respond (for example lack of knowledge, unable to quote reliable sources, contradiction to your belief or lack of vocabulary especially if your command of English is rather poor et. al.). It has been exhibited many times in online forums, reality shows, political talks et. al that such people will resort to personal attack to gain 'victory' in the so called argument. You do not have to put yourself so low just for the sake of posting a reply. You would think that you could make the other person looks bad, but actually it will just tarnishing your integrity. In the UK, you could be prosecuted if I reported this case to the authority.

Sorry, not intending to be involved in your conversations, but just from my observations.

I have observed in the past that it seemed to be a cultural thing. In Asia, if you present people with an individual viewpoint, more than often you will be viewed as a weirdo or be prepared to be attacked by others. Actually it might be that in Asia, people are more of a generalist or go with the fashion, trend or current type.

In the West, one is okay to present your own viewpoint and it will still be okay if people agree/ disagree with you. It is the thought that counts.

My 2 cents. :)

Sorry, not intending to be involved in your conversations, but just from my observations.

I have observed in the past that it seemed to be a cultural thing. In Asia, if you present people with an individual viewpoint, more than often you will be viewed as a weirdo or be prepared to be attacked by others. Actually it might be that in Asia, people are more of a generalist or go with the fashion, trend or current type.

In the West, one is okay to present your own viewpoint and it will still be okay if people agree/ disagree with you. It is the thought that counts.

My 2 cents. :)

I don't think in this case it's about presenting individual viewpoints - it's more about the way it is presented.

I don't think in this case it's about presenting individual viewpoints - it's more about the way it is presented.

Well, on a few occasions I have found that being gentle is not the way to get things done. People only pay attention and take you seriously when you show the "no nonsense" side of you.

No need for personal attack. I think the response from dean was just too much. No need to accuse another of something just because you don't agree with him.

Anyways, let's go back on topic

Bad, bad news!

BA chooses CX over MH to replace QF as its code share partner to Australia. http://airlineroute.net/2013/02/25/bacx-codeshare-s13/

I am actually disappointed that MH seems lackadaisical in courting BA for this massive codeshare opportunity even though the QF-EK codesharing news was broke out in September 2012, which gives a lot of times for the affected (BA, AF) and interested (MH) parties to work out on their next plan of action. From MH's oneworld videos, it was mentioned that no talk whatsoever has been established with BA or AF with regards to planning a codeshare agreement in the affected areas following the QF-EK collaboration.

Just speculating, but any possibility of MH and AF working together on KUL/CDG and codeshare on each others' network ex-CDG and ex-KUL ?

Bad, bad news!

BA chooses CX over MH to replace QF as its code share partner to Australia. http://airlineroute.net/2013/02/25/bacx-codeshare-s13/

I am actually disappointed that MH seems lackadaisical in courting BA for this massive codeshare opportunity even though the QF-EK codesharing news was broke out in September 2012, which gives a lot of times for the affected (BA, AF) and interested (MH) parties to work out on their next plan of action. From MH's oneworld videos, it was mentioned that no talk whatsoever has been established with BA or AF with regards to planning a codeshare agreement in the affected areas following the QF-EK collaboration.

I don't even know why MH joining OneWorld at this stage now. Joining OneWorld could see the possibility of return of BA, QF and AY. But it seems none of these three carriers are keen to work with MH in KUL. On the other hand, SkyTeam is gearing up in KUL with KL and AF adding flights to KUL.

I don't even know why MH joining OneWorld at this stage now. Joining OneWorld could see the possibility of return of BA, QF and AY. But it seems none of these three carriers are keen to work with MH in KUL. On the other hand, SkyTeam is gearing up in KUL with KL and AF adding flights to KUL.

It takes two to tango, how much did MH pursue BA for closer relationship? On AF, MH could start with codeshare between KUL-CDG.

Edited by KK Lee

Bad, bad news!

Mat Salleh clicks better with another Mat Salleh.

So MH is the biggest loser? Not only not able to work with the OneWorld carriers while OneWorld tricked MH to join the alliance just to block SkyTeam and SkyTeam doesn't give up yet gear up in KUL.

Haha! What a nice game!

So MH is the biggest loser? Not only not able to work with the OneWorld carriers while OneWorld tricked MH to join the alliance just to block SkyTeam and SkyTeam doesn't give up yet gear up in KUL.

Haha! What a nice game!

Hmm not really... as long as KLM continue to codeshare with MH and if AF join the bandwagon for Australia route its good enough for them. In the meantime, they did get some business from oneworld members as well.

Bad, bad news!

not a suprise really.. its a no-brainer since CX have better product and consistency they also have premium economy offering. Besides, with Hong Kong plan to be their first A380 route make the decision easier.

Edited by nrazmoor

Who's to say BA won't codeshare with MH in the near future?

I do believe MH's network planning team is working something out with BA but since the JV will end soon BA needs a quick solution, hence going with CX who they have already codeshare agreements.

The current Australian routes served by MH is already codeshared by KLM, SkyTeam has chosen MH. But who knows they would choose GA if Garuda has joined SkyTeam? But I don't see this possibility in the near future, not even with VN.

If BA and QF would work with MH on the Australian to Europe routes, I seriously bet that MH would really need to upgrade their aircraft to Australia, particularly SYD and MEL.

Not a surprise at all. Cathay Pacific too, is a OneWorld member and it has a bigger operation in Australia compared to MAS. Hence there are more flights for connecting BA passengers to choose. Besides, all CX flights to Australia now feature the new fully flat-bed in Business Class and Premium Economy Class. Products wise, CX definitely resembles more of BA.

not a suprise really.. its a no-brainer since CX have better product and consistency they also have premium economy offering. Besides, with Hong Kong plan to be their first A380 route make the decision easier.

Spot on!

Who's to say BA won't codeshare with MH in the near future?

May be they will. But MAS is still very likely to loss out to CX. Am talking about the high-yield Business Class pax.

Edited by Isaac

Not a surprise at all. Cathay Pacific too, is a OneWorld member and it has a bigger operation in Australia compared to MAS. Hence there are more flights for connecting BA passengers to choose. Besides, all CX flights to Australia now feature the new fully flat-bed in Business Class and Premium Economy Class. Products wise, CX definitely resembles more of BA.

What about F class?

What about F class?

There was a thread in A.net discussing about this just two weeks or so ago. According to those CX staffs, there have been talks about replacing some of the current 3-class 333 flights to SYD and MEL to the 4-class 77W.

Is MH products and services that low? Not quite since MH is a certified 5 star airlines.

It's certified 5-star by Skytrax but there are many things that are not 5-star about this airline. And they seriously need to do something about their Economy Class meal service for flights around SEA. The meal presentation is cheap.

Really not surprising, CX has a consistent product and offers more frequency and more destinations than what MH can offer. However I will not rule out the possibility of BA code-sharing with MH in the future.

Just speculating, but any possibility of MH and AF working together on KUL/CDG and codeshare on each others' network ex-CDG and ex-KUL ?

AF already has VN for that, you will see AF co-operating more with VN for flights within SE Asia shortly, as VN adds more A321's they will be expanding their regional footprint. Being a SE Asian carrier, their network in SE Asia is very poor, but is improving, starting with the new CGK launched not too long ago, at the same time VN will also be launching more Chinese routes and ramping up services to Japan & Korea as well as Taiwan. SkyTeam is hesitant in using VN for now due to lack of infrastructure, the airports are already at capacity, when the new airport opens, I'm sure SkyTeam will make better use of Vietnam. For me I think CGK is down too down south to become a proper Asian HUB for SkyTeam, but it can still contribute either way.

MH really needs to upgrade the business class product on the A333 and B772 to effectively compete on the long-haul routes. Even the business class product on the A380 is already a little dated!