MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

Low Cost Air Terminal at KLIA

I think its going to be a bad move to book Kch KL then connecting international flight from there.. It gonna be a big burden.. will it??? Kantoi lah like tat :blink:

If you fly AK from KCH to KUL then KUL- ???? with MH, can the AK workers get your bags to Satelite building?

If you fly AK from KCH to KUL then KUL- ???? with MH, can the AK workers get your bags to Satelite building?

I don't think so, as AK doesn't do transfers.

Now transfering is gonna like hell...

Ok The Map...

How To Get There..

IPB Image

Inside the Terminal..

IPB Image

Can't Wait To See MWs Spotter Spotting From That Terminal..

*The Parking Spot is Realy Cool Believe Me.. HohohohoHo ;)

Edited by Ibrahim

Thats what i mean TOTAL CHAOS :angry:

Thats what i mean TOTAL CHAOS :angry:

ERL

There are existing ERL station located at Salak Tinggi and KLIA station. Passengers are able to shuttle conveniently between LCC Terminal and Salak Tinggi ERL station/KLIA station.

Taxis

The taxi operators will be operating at LCC Terminal.

Public Buses

There are public bus services to/from Nilai Commuter Station, KLIA Main Terminal Building, Salak Tinggi ERL station, Pekan Sepang, and Pekan Banting.

Shuttle Bus

The LCC Terminal will offer other services such as a shuttle bus service to link passengers from the LCC terminal to Main Terminal Building, KLIA and vice versa.

But All This Need to Add More Money and Time.. Aiyaaak. <_>

I don't think so, as AK doesn't do transfers.

Now transfering is gonna like hell...

If you travelling oversea and taking AK bound for KUL and MH to final destination, guess you have to carry your bag(s) :(

Shuttle Bus

The LCC Terminal will offer other services such as a shuttle bus service to link passengers from the LCC terminal to Main Terminal Building, KLIA and vice versa.

But All This Need to Add More Money and Time.. Aiyaaak. <_>

I'm told the shuttle wouldn't be running anytime soon. So one must catch a cab at RM38 per way between the terminals, says my source!

.ny

Woah RM38 just for a Taxi Ride that's not even more than 5 to 10 km is a total rip off..Pretty stupid...

I think this is gonna effect the number of people that are gonna choose to fly on AK...Like seth said what if u fly from Kch to Kul n den from Kul to say Lhr and u goin on Mas...It will take u quite a while to get there...And if ur Domestic flight arrives around the same time as ur International flight or around that time den ur screwed...Plus u have to Pay RM30-40 for a taxi rider..ridiculous...No air-cond..U have to walk...Not much Comfort Like KLIA..I think it's gonna effect the Amount of ppl that choose to Fly on Ak..

Yesterday, when i took a cab.... i'm having a chit chat with the driver.

He said that goverment and airport management already give permission to city cab to operate from LCC. That mean no Limo service at LCC terminal..(anyway what for having limo for budget airlines passangers).. Only city cab...

Fare... Fixed RM59.90

Edited by E Faizal

Shuttle Bus

I think there will be very few people will have connection flight with MH. For example, if you book from PEN-LHR, will you book PEN-KUL on AK and continue on with KUL-LHR on MH(some of us may will, just to experience 320 etc. ;) ). You may just want to fly KUL-LHR all MH. For instance, if you book from ex.LHR, MAN, IAH JFK etc., to other city than KUL, you will have a flight from your destination to KUL then connected to other city with MH which the only option offer in most country. Most system don't recognize AK yet.

Most people fly overseas has money, so spending extra bucks on MH domestic won't be a problem ;)

The shuttle may not get as many passenger but great facility there.

Just my 2 cent worth :)

Yesterday, when i took a cab.... i'm having a chit chat with the driver.

He said that goverment and airport management already give permission to city cab to operate from LCC. That mean no Limo service at LCC terminal..(anyway what for having limo for budget airlines passangers).. Only city cab...

Fare... Fixed RM59.90

Wah!!

Like this i better "Jalan kaki" from main terminal to LCCl. :angry:

jalan kaki = walking

Edited by Meor

Wah!!

jalan kaki = walking

See this pic...

IPB Image

Sanggup ker hang jalan kaki Bro.. :p

Edited by Ibrahim

Whatever it is I think there should be people mover aka trains connecting main terminal and LCC terminal...

And if possible it should be free as well...:p

Whatever it is I think there should be people mover aka trains connecting main terminal and LCC terminal...

They can't make train from MTB to LCCT because LCCT is just for a short-term before they move to the real terminal which we may see in ????? years :)

Most people fly overseas has money, so spending extra bucks on MH domestic won't be a problem ;)

Seth,

It will be hardly more expensive to fly AMS-BKI via KUL on MH as AMS-KUL, giving the domestic stretch almost for free...on the other hand - BI is really undercutting the AMS-BKI fares right now, but you've to change at LHR and BWN with long layover at BWN :angry:

...on the other hand - BI is really undercutting the AMS-BKI fares right now, but you've to change at LHR and BWN with long layover at BWN :angry:

Principle of "no pain, no gain" still holds true ! :p

It will be hardly more expensive to fly AMS-BKI via KUL on MH as AMS-KUL, giving the domestic stretch almost for free...on the other hand - BI is really undercutting the AMS-BKI fares right now, but you've to change at LHR and BWN with long layover at BWN

Thats exactly what they do over here at AKL as well.... BI's fare is cheaper than MAS but you have to stop at BNE, then off again to BWN. My friend's been complaining and bitching about the poor facility at BWN with almost nothing to do there before heading off to KCH and BKI.

Edited by S V Choong

Letter from malaysiakini.com

.ny

+++

Low Cost Carrier Terminal a step backward

Transit Passenger

Mar 17, 06 4:16pm

Two bits of news recently have made me very worried about the prospects for non-Klang Valley residents in their air transportation needs.

The first was the news of AirAsia taking over the major part of the domestic flight operations from MAS. That by itself, is probably welcome news, if more efficient and cheaper air service is the end result. However, with an end to competition, prices will go up inevitably, and AirAsia’s punctuality record is deteriorating.

The second was the news on the soon-to-be opened Low Cost Carrier Terminal, of which there was sketchy information before and certainly no public consultation nor user opinion sought. I was shocked to learn that it is sited several kilometres away from KLIA! A free shuttle bus service is supposed to connect the two terminals, but the details again are sketchy.

My concern is the connectivity between the two terminals and airlines. Other than journeys that start or end in KLIA, travelers will need to transit or transfer at KLIA. This is going to be particularly so when MAS rationalise their routings, and stop point-to-point routes through secondary hubs like Kuching, and adopt a hub-and-spoke system.

MAS is efficient enough to allow one hour transfers currently, and even if the transfer is long, it means more leisure time to enjoy the facilities at KLIA.

If AirAsia were to proceed with the takeover of domestic services, and then operate out of a separate terminal, I foresee much difficulties with the transfer process. The time required will increase significantly, and more hassle for the unfortunate traveler rushing to connect his flight.

A one-shot through check-in will not be possible, as it is practiced now (baggage checked through to the final destination, and respective boarding passes issued from departure point). Imagine arriving at the LCCT, wait half an hour for your bags, lug them to the shuttle service bus stop, wait some more, take a bus journey of some 15-20 minutes, and then lug you bags

for a re-check-in.

In an era of increasing convenience and seamless transfers for air passengers, it looks like we are taking a giant step backwards towards more obstacles and hassles. The move from Subang with its three terminals to the centralised KLIA was a great improvement in flight transfer connectivity.

I used to laugh at Australian airports with their separate international and domestic terminals, separated by one or two kilometres. They have since made much progress in merging their international and domestic services, making the connection as painless as possible. We have, meanwhile, attempted to emulate their errors.

I hope common sense will prevail this time, but based on our past track record, I am not going to hold my breath. My final word for this rushed LCCT is simple - we were forced into making a wrong decision by our southern neighbour.

http://www.malaysiakini.com/letters/48492

Cukai domestik LCC RM6, antarabangsa RM35

Domestic tax for LCC is RM6 , international RM35, which is pretty generous from gov. :)

Wah!!

jalan kaki = walking

That price is from KL la bro... :p :p Giler ke 59.90 from KLIA International that only 20KM.. I don't think cost that much from KLIA International to KLIA LCC... :lol: :lol:

That price is from KL la bro... :p :p Giler ke 59.90 from KLIA International that only 20KM.. I don't think cost that much from KLIA International to KLIA LCC... :lol: :lol:

AK should introduce flight from KUL(LCCT) to KUL(MTB) in near future :p

AK should introduce flight from KUL(LCCT) to KUL(MTB) in near future :p

I went to see the new LCC Terminal last week. MAB had extended the inner road linikng MTB - Satelite Building (currently for authorized vehicles only) to the LCC. I just hope that this road is used to free shuttle passengers from MTB - Satelite - LCC. If they have to use the outer road (20 kms. long) to shuttle passengers then it is madness.

I went to see the new LCC Terminal last week. MAB had extended the inner road linikng MTB - Satelite Building (currently for authorized vehicles only) to the LCC. I just hope that this road is used to free shuttle passengers from MTB - Satelite - LCC. If they have to use the outer road (20 kms. long) to shuttle passengers then it is madness.

which our governement and management are sadly fully capable of implementing

Sign in to follow this