Sign in to follow this  
Meor

KLIA Spotting on 11 Feb 2006

IPB Image

that day, we had also shooting of bollywood movie

IPB Image

like father like son.....or was it like son like father..... :D :D

IPB Image

thaaat's right junior, always check the result after u snap and delete the one without beacon or strobe...... :D

IPB Image

ooi gavin! u're 190 degrees off!

The number of sifu's is increasing fast and that includes Shakir!

you got that right, i myself not that good. got to learn more from my dad, he could nail a good shot using only a slim digicam

Azuddin

nope imran :lol:

three choices and u still got it wrong....kidding.....

it was 'echo' bro . B) but it looked a bit clean. who gave her the scrub?

nope imran :lol:

three choices and u still got it wrong....kidding.....

it was 'echo' bro . B) but it looked a bit clean. who gave her the scrub?

Me la..who else... :lol: :lol:

Eh...Mike Echo..or Bravo Echo..? :D :D :D :lol: :lol:

Was supposed to post this up before my trip to Hong Kong and the States but too rushed. So here it comes. And it was very nice to meet all the members here in person. Everyone was very polite and humorous. What a great bunch of people.

On the way to KLIA at about 3.50pm just after the toll gates. Alamak, dashyat. How come everytime I got appointment with MW people always got this kind of CB clouds and gloomy skies. Did I bring the rain over from Singapore? I think so as it has not been raining in KL prior to my arrival home. And it stopped raining silly after I left.

IPB Image

Initially a bit hesitant and malu to use my camera because of all the big shots with their big guns. So I took a photo of some member in action spotting. We had a good chit chat in between too. Nice butts yah....I will surely share with the SQ girls OK Meor and Gavin?

IPB Image

These are all the Dark Siders and also the 'Lao Jiao' (Old Bird in Singaporean Hokkien) of spotting. Hey guys, does Azahan always go spotting like that? Seksi legs rite? Azahan, I really advice you not to wear those pants again if you go spotting alone next time. Sekali a man jump out of the bushes......then you are headlines tomorrow in The Star....Jonathan! Apa tersengih sengih?!

IPB Image

Presenting my very first digital picture of commercial airplane spotting. I have some film ones which I will scan and show some other time. A lot of editing lah. How to compare with the rest of the Lao Jiao? Sigh....let me check bank account.....

IPB Image

Didn't realise my camera can actually get the heat blur of the exhaust so well. Hmm....these Carl lenses are not too bad huh. Pretty sharp and detailed. Just lacking in zoom quality and megapixel power. Where's my other bank account book arh?

IPB Image

I am always inside when I see this picture. On this day I am outside. And it did not occur to me it was the same a/c that was in use, SRD, when Azahan captured about five days ago. Wah....not bad.....virgin's luck.....can get strobes too. Very bad detail and quality. Singapore One One Three going back to Singapore. Stupid camera focus on the lamp post instead. Now where is all my ASN slips?

IPB Image

It was like a rombongan. There were so many cars. This was taken on the way to spot landings on RWY 14L. I counted eight cars altogether. These guys are really good. They go through rivers, swamps and peats to get us the best pictures here. Once again I really salute you guys. Its not easy to do spotting trust me. The humid, hot and rainy weather is not fun at all. But for the love of aviaiton......hmmm.......

IPB Image

I left after we took the group photo as I had family commitments. Not sure what went on after that. And when I log on to MW a few days later in HKG, I see only Glory Glory Man U thread becoming hotter than My Pilot story thread. I really do think someone had to do nude squats......hehehe. Cheers guys, you are a bunch of grat people and it was nice meeting all of you. TK and Captain Radzi, see you around OK?

LeeCH

Sing Yew,

Don't know :unsure:

With all the editing, posting, A.net & JP queing, the die hards spotters I think

taking a breather now (especially the 2 taikos karaoke'd @ FL370 over South China Sea.. :lol: :lol: )

Just browse thru this forum... I'm sure next special session will be posted.

LeeCH... thanks for sharing, Sir

You really ought to take up writing... story telling is very good..

Maybe you can make more side income towards the darkside equipments :lol:

Compose something while at FlightLevels.... ;)

--

Sing Yew,

Don't know :unsure:

With all the editing, posting, A.net & JP queing, the die hards spotters I think

taking a breather now (especially the 2 taikos karaoke'd @ FL370 over South China Sea.. :lol: :lol: )

Just browse thru this forum... I'm sure next special session will be posted.

LeeCH... thanks for sharing, Sir

You really ought to take up writing... story telling is very good..

Maybe you can make more side income towards the darkside equipments :lol:

Compose something while at FlightLevels.... ;)

--

Will be transiting at KUL for about 6 hours later today so will walk around the place to check out what's interesting.

Will be transiting at KUL for about 6 hours later today so will walk around the place to check out what's interesting.

Six hours?? :o ... that's more than enough

I see that you're coming in from IPH onward to ADL...

so you've about 4hrs of daylight for spotting there

Sadly I'm at work in office, not KLIA

otherwise can take you to Weather Stn

But that won't stop you to rent a car ... heheheeh :lol: :p :lol:

Have a pleasant flight back to Adelaide, Sing Yew.

Thanks Attan.

Wasn't that good of a flight, my confirmed seat was changed during the last minute before I board the aircraft. Everything else was fine. 9M-MRI for KUL - ADL and 9M-MML for IPH - KUL.

I seem to be fated with MML, seems to be flying it a lot when I am flying B734.

LeeCh, nice coverage from your digicam too.

I would say most of us spotters hated those lamp posts. They seems to get in the way most of the time. :lol:

LeeCh, nice coverage from your digicam too.

I would say most of us spotters hated those lamp posts. They seems to get in the way most of the time. :lol:

Anybody here got a chainsaw?

We just need somebody to rent a big 16 wheeler truck...drive at night...and "accidentally" smash into them...take off 8 of them...should be enough...

Chainsaw..bising la... <_>

We just need somebody to rent a big 16 wheeler truck...drive at night...and "accidentally" smash into them...take off 8 of them...should be enough...

Chainsaw..bising la... <_>

Just use Axe and whack whack whack the top partlah haha.. :lol:

Nice convoy...

somebody should start a thread and take pics of all spotter's cars and plates, so that next time if see wandering around KLIA, boleh kenal... :D

and after the T-shirt is released, can make a Malaysia Wings car sticker... :D :D

B)-->

QUOTE(Kelvin B @ Feb 24 2006, 11:55 PM) 32260[/snapback]

Nice convoy...

somebody should start a thread and take pics of all spotter's cars and plates, so that next time if see wandering around KLIA, boleh kenal... :D

and after the T-shirt is released, can make a Malaysia Wings car sticker... :D :D

good suggestion!!

Since there are so many plane shots already, maybe I should focus on some human side of spotting:

Gavin illustrating the point of which a call coming in at abso-f***ing-lutely wrong time:

IPB Image

Norman, I have this gut feeling that you will not have the D70s for long...

IPB Image

Emporer: Azahan, I think there is a dust spot on my lens, can you macro in from your bigma?

IPB Image

Ok, time to update the AA2006 thread

Ben-G

Sign in to follow this