MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI 2011

Queen of the Skies in BKI today! My first ever 747 :yahoo:

N761SA_21May_BKI2.jpg

Great rotation shot and the weather has been very good for the past few days. Where did you take this shot?

How come this angle never appeared before?? Awesome! Waiping and Sam, time to change angles :p (pun can be intended) :rofl:

Edited by Ignatius

GREAT SHOT there Yang Jie! :good: :drink: how come you can access Layang-Layang Hangar or Sabah Air Hangar?

Iggy, i got a similar shots last time, unfortunately it was taken with my 18-70 and it's backlit. :sorry: one more thing is the pix gone when my HDD corrupted. >.

Edited by Samuel Chy

Quoting the then PM Abdullah Badawi: "It does not belong to the govt."

True ....... BUT ......... Permanently contracted to PM's dept ....... end result is still the same, 'RAKYAT DIDAHULUKAN' will be paying the bills ........... :rolleyes:

:hi:

How come this angle never appeared before?? Awesome! Waiping and Sam, time to change angles :p (pun can be intended) :rofl:

Nah, we're too old to climb here and there to take photos now. :p

I'll be going to BKI on the 8th and returning to KUL on the 10th. I hope to be able to go plane spotting with you guys again. Any of you guys free during the mentioned dates? :drinks:

I'll be going to BKI on the 8th and returning to KUL on the 10th. I hope to be able to go plane spotting with you guys again. Any of you guys free during the mentioned dates? :drinks:

Always free for spotting. :p

S.M.Tang, remember to ask your tour guide to where Yangjie shot the SA 74F :p

I actually want to go to the spot where Jason took THIS if they're using RWY 20. Any of you guys up for a whole day of spotting? :pardon:

Saw A330 9M-MT* landing @ RWY20 around 1630ish. I presumed MH2616 from KUL. Is that a regular Saturday feature nowadays?

Haha, bro don't be so critical about the angle lah. From the picture can pretty much know where the location is based on the Fire & Rescue unit building at the back. The area may be a restricted area.

Maybe can drop by and have a look as long as not wearing yellow shirt. :p

Didn't managed to try out yangjie's location today. However got this at Perdana Park.

B18607_4630.jpg

Thanks, Li Ren. Great to catch some rare movement once in a while.

True ....... BUT ......... Permanently contracted to PM's dept ....... end result is still the same, 'RAKYAT DIDAHULUKAN' will be paying the bills ........... :rolleyes:

:hi:

No, what the then-PM said wasn't true. It does belong to the government via a convoluted arrangement involving the likes of PMB, Khazanah & MoF Inc. The then-PM was just suffering some brain-fade when he said that the plane does not belong to the government.

Belongs to PMB (Penerbangan Malaysia Berhad) now, a vehicle set up by the Malaysian govt under the finance ministry to facilitate financial rescue of MAS like a decade or so ago. Was originally with the RMAF though :)

You mixing up the BBJ with the 319CJ. The aircraft that is and still is with the RMAF is the BBJ, which was previously with MH. The 319CJ was never with the RMAF.

Thanks, Li Ren. Great to catch some rare movement once in a while.

Great A321 catches Waiping. :)

The A321 is the best looking aircraft in the A320 family as the fuselage is longer and more elegant. The A318 is the cutest! ;)