MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI 2011

Thanks to a friend who advised me that currently AFO is stationed in KCH, and if she is on the KCH - BKI early morning sector, the same aircraft should be doing the same sector in the afternoon. It rained heavily yesterday morning and afternoon was overcast. This shot was taken as she comes in around 3.35pm using runway 20. The flight was delayed for half and hour.

9MAFO_9605s215b5.jpg

Luckily the sun decided to show up towards latter part of the afternoon. I was trying to catch her last week in KUL along with the Cargolux 748F but unfortunately both flights were delayed. :(

P/S she came in again this morning in great sunlight but still using runway 20, so the barb wire got into the pictures.

Edited by Waiping

Sunny day today.

9MAFY_9902s215.jpg

9MMPQ_9915s215.jpg

amaran.jpg

So much for taking a dip afterwards. <_>

Taken from the spot near Maskargo.

Taken from the spot near Maskargo.

Was hoping to get the Tabung Haji jumbo, but only got the regular. :(

Not sure why these 2 were in town.

TUDB131_0004s215.jpg

TUDB203_9998s215.jpg

Not very good with the make and model, though.

Not sure why these 2 were in town.

I think the helicopters are currently involved in Exercise Mertak Bersatu 2011 held at Kota Belud.

Edited by MIR

If anyone can get up to the airport in the next 20 mins, the new mystery AirAsia A320 will be departing back to KUL as AXM5129. Reg anyone? :help:

If anyone can get up to the airport in the next 20 mins, the new mystery AirAsia A320 will be departing back to KUL as AXM5129. Reg anyone? :help:

Sorry bro, jam like crazy over here.

Sorry bro, jam like crazy over here.

No prob. With help from Sri Ramani K it's been Id'd as 9M-AQF, latest addition to the fleet, ex Indonesia branch as PK-AXQ. :)

GOTCHA! :D -ex Firefly 9M-FFA as MH2612 on 26/11/2011

SAM_0605.jpg

:good: Nice catch Ex FY plane are already back in action. Either than FFA and FFC, are there any other old Firefly planes in Mas paint already?

:good: Nice catch Ex FY plane are already back in action. Either than FFA and FFC, are there any other old Firefly planes in Mas paint already?

FFD was ferried back to KUL from SZB on 27/11/2011. I saw FFE flying into SZB on 25/11/2011. I guess that leaves us with FFF only assuming FFB is also gone.

Edited by S M Tang

FFD was ferried back to KUL from SZB on 27/11/2011. I saw FFE flying into SZB on 25/11/2011. I guess that leaves us with FFF only assuming FFB is also gone.

According to SBS, 9M-FFB has been back in service with MAS since 18 Nov. 9M-FFC back in service since 15th. I'm assuming they are keeping their old Firefly regos then yes?

Any recent pics?

Saw FFB today with nice shiny new coat of paint. No picture though.

I'm curious as to why doesnt MH paint the ex FY jets to the new MH color scheme .....

Perhaps a sign of things to come in the future. MH reverting back to the old livery? :pardon: BTW, we're digressing already. Let's get back to the topic of this thread. :drinks:

9M-MXE is now at BKI and she is currently waiting for her flight to PER while 9M-MLL is on the way to BKI now as MH2616, anyone interest to spot it?

Apparently there's a China Eastern Airlines flight from Shanghai-Pudong today but the flight is canceled. Any idea if it's a regular chartered flight or what ?

Apparently there's a China Eastern Airlines flight from Shanghai-Pudong today but the flight is canceled. Any idea if it's a regular chartered flight or what ?

Should be charter as I am not sure we have direct BKI - PVG flights.

This is a rather a long shot given the time it'll arrive, but RMF857 is currently enroute to BKI across the S China Sea as I write and I would really appreciate the reg of it if anyone can help? The selcal code it uses has been on my 'unknowns' list for many many years. Flight was over LUSMO at 1222utc, with TERIX and OLKIT next. I expect ETA at BKI somewhere between 9.30 to 10.30 pm local time.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help! :help: