MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
kandiah k

MAS' New Plans and Restructuring Ideas

Try the rozelle. It is a 'sibling' of the bunga raya. biggrin.gif

Edited by H Azmal

user posted image

26613[/snapback]

This livery is great, but what up with the ribbon that go way back to the end, may be half way will be good enough............but still if you can come up with batik, it will be much preferable by Malaysian smile.gif

PVG running at a loss ? MH flies there twice a day if it's a loss making one certainly the frequency would have been reduced by now ?

SQ flies to PVG 4X Daily as well.

26584[/snapback]

I've read a few times that routes are being reviewed because a huge portion of them are not profitable. So the knee-jerk solution is to cut those routes.

From my opinion, if MAS can reduce its costs by better management of its finances (which is the main problem in the first place), then the majority of these routes will become profitable, right? Of course it is different with political routes such as EZE, but if the cost base is low, then the apparently huge loss on this route would also be reduced.

If I think about it, MAS has an advantage compared to SQ in terms of cost base, i.e., based in Malaysia means that a lot of resources are cheaper. So this also means that MAS needs a slightly lower load factor compared to SIA to actually break even.

This livery is great, but what up with the ribbon that go way back to the end, may be half way will be good enough............but still if you can come up with batik, it will be much preferable by Malaysian smile.gif

26671[/snapback]

thanks guys, i don't really know about that ribbon because the texture is based on both Hibiscus and Heliconia, both got ribbon to all the way back.

I try to come up with batik, and as azmal requested, i try Rozelle too. Maybe Raflessia, world biggest flower should be on A380, world biggest flower on world biggest pax jet. biggrin.gif

Azuddin

thanks guys, i don't really know about that ribbon because the texture is based on both Hibiscus and Heliconia, both got ribbon to all the way back.

I try to come up with batik, and as azmal requested, i try Rozelle too. Maybe Raflessia, world biggest flower should be on A380, world biggest flower on world biggest pax jet. biggrin.gif

Azuddin

26689[/snapback]

You should suggest this to MAS soon so that they can come up with that livery by the time it roles out next year!!!

Also, the Orchid Livery looks stunning too, but isn't the Orchid part of THAI ?

biggrin.gif

You should suggest this to MAS soon so that they can come up with that livery by the time it roles out next year!!!

Also, the Orchid Livery looks stunning too, but isn't the Orchid part of THAI ?

biggrin.gif

26757[/snapback]

How do i suggest? I never done it before. I do have a lot of other livery in mind. I'll post it here later. I would love to see my suggestion being used by airline company.

orchid does has something to do with Thai, Singapore and India. Heliconia is actually has a lot to do with african and hibiscus also has something to do with arabian.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

With the loss they suffer, I don't think so the management will spend $K on aircraft paint.........Well, you can suggest, never try never know n good luck with that smile.gif

MALAYSIA AIRLINES RECEIVES IATA OPERATIONAL SAFETY AUDIT (IOSA) CERTIFICATION

Malaysia Airlines scored a remarkable result in the International Air Transportation Association’s Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) and has joined the league of airlines in qualifying for this IATA accreditation under the world body’s safety audit standards.

Malaysia Airlines is the 43rd operator in the IOSA registry out of 275 IATA member airlines.

IOSA – IATA Operational Safety Audit is the world’s first airline safety audit based on international standard of safety and quality within the aviation industry. IATA oversees the accreditation of audit and training organizations, ensures continuous development of the IOSA standards and recommended practices and manages the central database of IOSA audit reports. IATA also implements effective quality assurance to ensure overall programme standardization and ensures that the programme is meeting airline needs as effectively as possible.

The IOSA Certificate has been recognized by the US Federal Aviation Authority (FAA), Australia’s Civil Aviation Safety Authority, Transport Canada and Europe’s Joint Aviation Authority.

Congratulations MAS!!! biggrin.gif

PHASE ONE - COMPLETED

PHASE TWO - global alliance?? smile.gif

+++ edited +++

posted/discussed already... sorry ye malu je (what a shame) wink.gif wub.gif sleep.gif rolleyes.gif

Edited by M N Fairizuan

!!!!!! SKYTEAM SKYTEAM SKYTEAM !!!!!!

26897[/snapback]

Got that right, I say SKYTEAM.

Azuddin

*they should sell part of their stake to some big tycoon like the YTL owner or Ananda Krishnan and that will surely turn MAS into a big time major airline

Or Robert Kwok ? Or Tay ...... ?? (Owner/CEO of Public Bank), or the owner of Genting Highlands ?

i am not sure if this would make sense, but just would like to share my idea..

one of my mates travelled Emirates from KUL - LHR. n apparenty that they dont use tickets, but just have a slip. n this saves them USD5 per ticket.so if MAS could also use this method, imagine how much of money they could save.?

could some one please correct me on this if i did make any mistake.thanks

hmm but personally..being a 5 STAR airline..one of only 5 in the world.....only having a paper slip instead of a ticket isnt right.....i mean its almost like being a no frills airline..

MAS should get a bit more ruthless, cut off or fire those non-performing and expensive consultants. Complete overhaul of corporate and management structure. Rid corruption off management level.

Cut out non-profit making routes or reduce frequency.

Consider hiring local talents irregardless of ethnicity instead of foreign talents whereever possible - which will save considerably.

Concentrate on core business rather than side business such as art collection.

End contract with Air Atlanta Icelandic and use own aircraft for cargo arm's expansion. Now that the 747-400 BCF programme had started. MAS perhaps can convert some of their older 747s like 9M-MPA for use as a cargo aircraft. Even hunt for the two ex-MAS 747-4H6M Combis sitting on the US desert and convert it to a 744 BCF if the price is right. It has been sitting there for 2-3 years and it is hard to find customers for combi 744s unless KLM, the only other 744M Combi operator, decided to take more. If these GE powered birds can be converted into PW4056, that's perfect, but if it can't, I am sure the GE engines is not much of a damage to the entire fleet. Considering the fact that MAS had two odd RR powered Boeing 747-236B freighters before. There are a few airlines are using two 744 engine types such as CX, QF, NZ and Cargolux, so it is not the end of the world. Or even acquire some of SQ's ex-744s like CX? I presume some of the maintanance person at MAS are still quite familiar with the GE powered 744s.

Outsource part/all maintanance jobs to China if local labour gets too expensive.

Consider the competition and challenge set by Air Asia and match their competition.

Promote online bookings and check-ins, rather than using tickets. "Electronic tickets" can be used.

Evaluate the feasibility of joining an alliance.

Use Air NZ as a model for rectifying internal problems and becoming a profit making airline once again.

Edited by S V Choong

MAS should get a bit more ruthless, cut off or fire those non-performing and expensive consultants. Complete overhaul of corporate and management structure. Rid corruption off management level.

Cut out non-profit making routes or reduce frequency.

Consider hiring local talents irregardless of ethnicity instead of foreign talents whereever possible - which will save considerably.

Concentrate on core business rather than side business such as art collection.

End contract with Air Atlanta Icelandic and use own aircraft for cargo arm's expansion. Now that the 747-400 BCF programme had started. MAS perhaps can convert some of their older 747s like 9M-MPA for use as a cargo aircraft. Even hunt for the two ex-MAS 747-4H6M Combis sitting on the US desert and convert it to a 744 BCF if the price is right. It has been sitting there for 2-3 years and it is hard to find customers for combi 744s unless KLM, the only other 744M Combi operator, decided to take more. If these GE powered birds can be converted into PW4056, that's perfect, but if it can't, I am sure the GE engines is not much of a damage to the entire fleet. Considering the fact that MAS had two odd RR powered Boeing 747-236B freighters before. There are a few airlines are using two 744 engine types such as CX, QF, NZ and Cargolux, so it is not the end of the world. Or even acquire some of SQ's ex-744s like CX? I presume some of the maintanance person at MAS are still quite familiar with the GE powered 744s.

Outsource part/all maintanance jobs to China if local labour gets too expensive.

Consider the competition and challenge set by Air Asia and match their competition.

Promote online bookings and check-ins, rather than using tickets. "Electronic tickets" can be used.

Evaluate the feasibility of joining an alliance.

Use Air NZ as a model for rectifying internal problems and becoming a profit making airline once again.

Totally agree with you SV !!!!!!

hmm but personally..being a 5 STAR airline..one of only 5 in the world.....only having a paper slip instead of a ticket isnt right.....i mean its almost like being a no frills airline..

There is this kind of tickets which they used in Japan and Hong Kong SAR. It is a card type which acts as an airline ticket, with complete information as you see on an ordinary carbon copy tickets, at the same time, they use it as a boarding pass too. I thought thats a bloody good idea.

In fact in NZ, they hardly use any carbon copy tickets at all. I haven't seen any on Air NZ domestic and international or QF domestic. All you need to do is just bring your Driver's licence (a form of identity) and itinerary (if you want to) and show up at the airport. Once they learn what your name is, your details are on the computer anyway. The carbon ticket is meant to be for those days where computer is slow or not available. Air NZ claimed they saved a lot of money from this! Believe it or not.

I don't see much of a problem with MAS domestic being a no-frills. Personally if this is the trend of consumers, then MAS have to follow this trend to survive. Otherwise they are doomed.

Edited by S V Choong

It has been sitting there for 2-3 years and it is hard to find customers for combi 744s unless KLM, the only other 744M Combi operator, decided to take more. If these GE powered birds can be converted into PW4056, that's perfect, but if it can't, I am sure the GE engines is not much of a damage to the entire fleet.

KLM will not take-up any more "new" Combi's; only full-freighters are expected to be added to the fleet. Also, KLM would be happy to maintain these GE-powered 747's, as they do for so many airlines, like Air Atlanta, Cargolux, Virgin Atlantic, just to name a few ;)

Is MH taking their two 744F in march?

Apparently so, 9M-MPR is arriving during March 2006 and 9M-MPS coming in during May 2006. I suppose they will be the new "Kuching" and "Kota Kinabalu" :)

9M-MPR and 9M-MPS are both 747-4H6/F Short Upper Deck full cargo aircraft brand new from Boeing.

Edited by S V Choong

Sign in to follow this