MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
kandiah k

MAS' New Plans and Restructuring Ideas

As MH is going through some changes and restructuring, I hope it will come up with a productive yet benefitial plan to make it more profitable and escape from the issues it is facing at present.

So as it may create a stir with its new plans, I would like to invite suggestions on what are the changes each of you think is possible when MH comes up with its new plan on Feb 15th 2006 ?

Anyone with any hopes and wishes for the changes yet to be made ?

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

As MH is going through some changes and restructuring, I hope it will come up with a productive yet benefitial plan to make it more profitable and escape from the issues it is facing at present.

So as it may create a stir with its new plans, I would like to invite suggestions on what are the changes each of you think is possible when MH comes up with its new plan on Feb 15th  2006 ?

Anyone with any hopes and wishes for the changes yet to be made ?

tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

26347[/snapback]

I'm suggesting that all domestic route with multiple flight a day should be replaced with ERJ-175 or 195. It's more economical and fuel efficient.

Bigger plane like A330 or 777 should take the domestic route which always full or sold out. a full fuel tank of 777 or A330 could fly the domestic route multiple time without refill.

I don't know, this is what i think, might be not gonna work.

Azuddin

Sadly engineering decisions are not as easy as they appear. Let's hear what the engineers among us have to say.

..... a full fuel tank of 777 or A330 could fly the domestic route multiple time without refill.....

26348[/snapback]

Unfortunately, it would be very fuel inefficient way to fly the aircraft. An analogy would be carrying a gunny of rice with you throughout your waking hours just so you can be fuelled with energy for all activities !!

Restructring?

MH need to stop sponsoring stuff that definately has no profit at all.........with the latest issue sponsoring bike festival in Australia. Hmmm, how come if you are facing money difficulties can still sponsor big events.......totally corruption???

MH kinda too generous, TOO GENEROUS biggrin.gif

Restructring?

MH need to stop sponsoring stuff that definately has no profit at all.........with the latest issue sponsoring bike festival in Australia. Hmmm, how come if you are facing money difficulties can still sponsor big events.......totally corruption???

MH kinda too generous, TOO GENEROUS biggrin.gif

26360[/snapback]

MH has been sponsoring heaps of event in Australia even in Adelaide.

Early last year: Santos Symphony Under The Stars

Mid-year: Cirque du Soleil (Quidam: Australia and NZ Tour)

October: Tasting Australia

All year round since I've been in Adelaide for the last 3 years: The Adelaide Symphony Orchestra

And just recently: Jacobs Creek Tour Down Under, that's the bicycle tournament you mentioned.

MH has been sponsoring heaps of event in Australia even in Adelaide.

Early last year: Santos Symphony Under The Stars

Mid-year: Cirque du Soleil (Quidam: Australia and NZ Tour)

October: Tasting Australia

All year round since I've been in Adelaide for the last 3 years: The Adelaide Symphony Orchestra

And just recently: Jacobs Creek Tour Down Under, that's the bicycle tournament you mentioned.

26364[/snapback]

OK, as i walk around KL, i see that KL monorail has malaysia airline billboard. also In KL, we have more bilboard for foreign airliners than MAS, I saw thai's emirates, sri lankan and more.

Azuddin

OK, as i walk around KL, i see that KL monorail has malaysia airline billboard. also In KL, we have more bilboard for foreign airliners than MAS, I saw thai's emirates, sri lankan and more.

Azuddin

26367[/snapback]

In order to save money, they need to lessen their advertisements..and sponsor (don't sponsor anything till they get their 3 billion back) smile.gif

Maybe they should be more selective in giving sponsorship, but advertisement and sponsorship, good ones, are very important for business. Also, they should not increase price above their rivals.

drop few routes esp KUL-JNB-CPT-EZE and the extra 747 can be utilise to add more flight to Aussies cities..

Perhaps cutting the unnecessary costs like sponsoring (for the time being) and cutting frequencies if necessary. Mainly, the top management should be the one cutting back rather than the others. huh.gif

drop few routes esp KUL-JNB-CPT-EZE and the extra 747 can be utilise to add more flight to Aussies cities..

26390[/snapback]

if this happens, they need to change their tag line.

Across over 150 destinations worldwide, 5 continents.

something similar, cant recall.

Perhaps cutting the unnecessary costs like sponsoring (for the time being) and cutting frequencies if necessary. Mainly, the top management should be the one cutting back rather than the others.  huh.gif

26395[/snapback]

They should reduce the frequency of less profitable routes and utilise the aircrafts to more profitable routes.

Azuddin

26367[/snapback]

I think CX does quite a fair bit of advertisements in KL as well especially along Jalan Sultan Ismail.

Edited by Sing Yew

if this happens, they need to change their tag line.

Across over 150 destinations worldwide, 5 continents.

something similar, cant recall.

26408[/snapback]

Does the state subsidize MH for services to EZE? It looks to me like a service obligation route since its flown primarily for the benefit of Malaysian oil rig workers in EZE. Since MH is bleeding financially on that route it should cut some sort of deal with the Malaysian government or pull the route.

Edited by Keith T

stop overpaying the catering subsidy, do not overcharge the ticket prize..and as you all said...cut down on sponsorships which arent beneficial...

26447[/snapback]

True, I heard the price per egg is 8x more than the usual price.

Also, I think they :-

*they should sell part of their stake to some big tycoon like the YTL owner or Ananda Krishnan and that will surely turn MAS into a big time major airline

*reduce any corruption if there are such practices

*apparently they are making a loss on the Orient Routes as well; maybe cut back some flights there for the time being ?

*aggresively market MH products on a larger scale and not entirely on the sponsorship of sports events and hosting local celebs for concerts abroad as it is our national airline and pride and not the local celebs' pride mad.gif

*cancel all flights which are flown for the sole purpose of politics if they are making a loss on those routes such as EZE/CPT/JNB and other routes such as EWR/LAX/PVG/ and etc

biggrin.gif

True, I heard the price per egg is 8x more than the usual price.

Also, I think they :-

*they should sell part of their stake to some big tycoon like the YTL owner or  Ananda Krishnan and that will surely turn MAS into a big time major airline

*reduce any corruption if there are such practices

*apparently they are making a loss on the Orient Routes as well; maybe cut back some flights there for the time being ?

*aggresively market MH products on a larger scale and not entirely on the sponsorship of sports events and hosting local celebs for concerts abroad as it is our national airline and pride and not the local celebs' pride  mad.gif

*cancel all flights which are flown for the sole purpose of politics if they are making a loss on those routes such as EZE/CPT/JNB and other routes such as EWR/LAX/PVG/ and etc

biggrin.gif

26565[/snapback]

PVG running at a loss ? MH flies there twice a day if it's a loss making one certainly the frequency would have been reduced by now ?

SQ flies to PVG 4X Daily as well.

PVG running at a loss ? MH flies there twice a day if it's a loss making one certainly the frequency would have been reduced by now ?

SQ flies to PVG 4X Daily as well.

26584[/snapback]

Yeah I also thought so but the PVG route apparently has some over capacity.

Perhaps not loss making...... mellow.gif

Is MAS benefitting from its Four Seasons Resort in Langkawi? Maybe that should go and MAS concentrates on its core business.... of flying.

I visited the resort on 11 January. Very quiete with a few foreign guests, otherwise it looks very deserted. The staff there are forever smiling though.

one most important thing is that MAS should get rid of branded expensive toiletrist kits. you know what, MAS give a branded one, i don't remember what brand it is. Air France give the kit (toothbrush, toothpaste, comb and more) only in a plastic wrap with AF marking on it.

We don't really need the zipper bag, some passenger down take it with them, but just dump it in lavatory trash can.

one more idea of mine is make the A330 Go the distance. take it as substitute to 777 route. how about use it on new service and put the orchid livery like this one. come on, we got hibiscus and heliconia, how about orchid.

user posted image

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

i tot Orchid is Singapore national flower. It will be contradicting.

I suggest a batik themed plane. In memory of hte late Datin Endon Mahmood.

one most important thing is that MAS should get rid of branded expensive toiletrist kits. you know what, MAS give a branded one, i don't remember what brand it is. Air France give the kit (toothbrush, toothpaste, comb and more) only in a plastic wrap with AF marking on it.

We don't really need the zipper bag, some passenger down take it with them, but just dump it in lavatory trash can.

one more idea of mine is make the A330 Go the distance. take it as substitute to 777 route. how about use it on new service and put the orchid livery like this one. come on, we got hibiscus and heliconia, how about orchid.

user posted image

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Azuddin

26613[/snapback]

I disagree - downgrading the toiletry kit would just make things cheap and tacky. And the airline is not losing money over making the toiletry kit either - companies pay airlines a lot to get their products onto the airplane. Think about it - it's great marketing for the various brands.

I disagree - downgrading the toiletry kit would just make things cheap and tacky. And the airline is not losing money over making the toiletry kit either - companies pay airlines a lot to get their products onto the airplane. Think about it - it's great marketing for the various brands.

26652[/snapback]

I see, never thought of that

i tot Orchid is Singapore national flower. It will be contradicting.

I suggest a batik themed plane. In memory of hte late Datin Endon Mahmood.

26624[/snapback]

Batik theme is not a bad idea, infact I like it. I like orchid because it's one my favourite. even thought orchid is Singapore national flower, orchid can be found more in malaysia. I don't think heliconia is Malaysia national flower, it's Montserrat's.

Azuddin

Sign in to follow this