MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Denny Yen

Asian Aerospace Expo 2006

Members of Malaysian Wings,

Anyone hoping over for this event in February?

I shall be in town on 25th and 26th which are the public days. Feel free to PM me if anyone is heading down south. and 25th an 26th are weekend.

Not sure if I can get any trade passes from the company.

And as usual during this event, I hate to read the NOTAMS. Airspace closure la, bla bla bla.....and we have to carry more fuel for our arrival or wait on the ground for departure. Its OK la.......if it means MW members here can get a lot of nice aerial display pictures.

LeeCH

Ill be there i think, since i live in school over here anyways, ill make it out on those days to go have a look and take some photos. If any members do drop down, please pm and we can have an arrangement and have a M-Wings Down south biggrin.gif

Not sure if I can get any trade passes from the company
no harm in trying, and if you could, there's a few of us heading there on the 23rd, not bad...day of geeking, then a red-eye long haul to the land of long white cloud!

Leave rejected!! mad.gif

almost every 2 years, i have been there with trade day pass.

I think the best when i went with my brother Azahan in 1996, the first Boeing 777 was there, when i showed them my crew ID...we managed to sit in the cockpit., 3 years after that...i flew the plane...

as for 2004, no more photos allowed for the big planes at the cargo apron.

heavy security, after security screening, all camera/bags had to be surrendered and they place it in a locker and LOCKED!!! wtf.. dry.gif

anybody want to go there, good hotel...Oxford hotel, near bugis junction...SIN$90 net...plus breakfast. good place to stay and jalan jalan...near to MRT station.

TK, bugger!!

A380 will no doubt be on cargo ramp, so you must shoot it flying or not at all...

Airshow where they lock your camera's up, and stupid as Sydney Airport Corp banning cameras on the Sydney Airport Airside Tour!!!!

Dont Worry Bro TK!!

we'll have enough representation over tehre, and we'll hopefully take enough photos to make you feel like you were there ! meanwhile, just enjoy the flight!

CAMERA'S ARE BANNED??!!! eh how lah!?

Dun worry Liam, we'll find a way! smile.gif the 23rd will the ultimate day for plane-pimping! smile.gif looking forward to it, bro!

Sir, camera's are banned only on cargo ramp, where everything big lies. Oh, gonna contact Bombardier, they said for me to contact them prior to next major airshow in our region as my Q400 demo flight was ccld at AVV, because of Air Services Australia!

Oh yer, you have huge persuasive powers over Bombardier, i'll wait to see your reply first. Atleast get 3 seats!! (if Q400 is to be there...hmmm maybe they'll send VH-QOB on its delivery biggrin.gif)

So Shall We Start a List of PEople That will make it there???

Since You have Trade Passes, im sure you'll be there...

So..

Confirmed

1, LeeCH

Possible

1, Benjamin

2, Ken

Anyone else? Please update as we get closer to the day

Hi all, to whoever who may be interested in going, I'll be organising a sort of a mini-gathering on the weekend of the airshow. If anybody's keen to come, would be nice to meet up with you guys, some of whom I've met, some I've not :-)

Anyway, A380 doing flying display and thats probably the only worthwhile thing. Everything else is kinda... boring.

Probably can count me in. planned to take leave on Friday and go down to Singapore and return on Sunday morning to KL

Tsentsan, can make the gathering on Sat ah?

Ben-G

Folks,

Some added incentive for those 'darksiders' and 'bright siders' to attend the event?

An Airbus A380 test aircraft, decked in full SIA colours, will grace the skies of Singapore between 21-26 February. The aircraft will be participating in Asian Aerospace 2006, the region’s premier air show.

The A380, the world’s largest commercial airliner, will be on static display throughout the duration of the air show at the Singapore Changi Exhibition Centre. In addition, Singaporeans and visitors to the air show will be able to catch the double-decker in flight as Airbus test pilots conduct daily flying demonstrations.

I may be doing volounteer work for my pilot union to sell model planes (my next passion) during the event in order to raise funds for some children and cancer charity home. At present moment my roster says OK!

LeeCH

Folks,

Some added incentive for those 'darksiders' and 'bright siders' to attend the event?

An Airbus A380 test aircraft, decked in full SIA colours, will grace the skies of Singapore between 21-26 February. The aircraft will be participating in Asian Aerospace 2006, the region’s premier air show.

The A380, the world’s largest commercial airliner, will be on static display throughout the duration of the air show at the Singapore Changi Exhibition Centre. In addition, Singaporeans and visitors to the air show will be able to catch the double-decker in flight as Airbus test pilots conduct daily flying demonstrations.

I may be doing volounteer work for my pilot union to sell model planes (my next passion) during the event in order to raise funds for some children and cancer charity home. At present moment my roster says OK!

LeeCH

26703[/snapback]

Did you say model planes ? I want them. But I will be back in ADL by then, won't get a chance to buy them. Sigh....

Sign in to follow this