MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
iwan

Sukhoi to build planes in malaysia!!

just couple of hours ago RUSSIA GOVERNMENT confirmed to invest RM16 BILLION to build jet fighers in Malaysia!!! wohooo!!!

MALAYSIA WILL BUILD SUKHOI JET FIGHTER in PERAK!

A Russian aircraft maker has decided to build a five billion dollar research facility for the defense and aerospace industries of Malaysia. (in Perak)

Malaysia's Defense Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi says the facility would be built by aircraft maker Irkut.

He added that the Russian company would help design and manufacture components critical to the maintenance of services on which the industries in the plant depend.

"In total, Irkut has entered into 28 memoranda of agreement with various local parties to produce locally, under license, an array of parts and components not only for the Malaysian market but also for global requirements," The New Straits Times quoted Zahid as saying on Friday.

The report added that the facility would be built in a technology park in the northern state of Perak.

A spokesman for the minister also confirmed the news.

Defence Minister of Malaysia Dato ‘Seri Zahid Hamidi flew on the Russian multi-purpose fighter Su-30MKM, said Monday Vice President of Marketing and External Relations Corporation Irkut Vladimir South.

«This is a momentous event in the issue of possible new deliveries of these aircraft to Malaysian Air Force. Dato ‘Seri Zahid Hamidi general became the first Minister of Defence, to fly on this plane, from all the countries of South-East Asia, procuring fighter family “Su”, – quotes RIA Novosti Sautova.

According to him, IRKUT “will participate in the new tender of Malaysia on the possible purchase of additional batch of combat aircraft.

« As expected, the competition will be announced in the May-June 2010 . We will certainly participate. Now Malaysia is considering the purchase of one to two squadrons of fighters. If a decision is taken, we can count on sales of 18 units of Su-30MKM “, – concluded Vladimir South.

source..

http://cnobbi.com/6039.html

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=12413...ionid=

i copy pasted this from hack3line entry in LYN..want to edit mire but im posting this from my phone.. Cant wait..too excited!!

Russia is reluctant to locate its strategic assets in CIS and Malaysia is not a Russian allies, Russia to invest R&D and manufacturing in Malaysia? :sorry: Wonder what can Malaysia contribute to R&D? :sorry:

Malaysia as a subcontractor on components is more likely. However, the moment Malaysian companies started supplying to Russia, Airbus, Boeing and DoD will curtail technology transfer to the country :pardon:

:drinks:

Russia is reluctant to locate its strategic assets in CIS and Malaysia is not a Russian allies, Russia to invest R&D and manufacturing in Malaysia? :sorry: Wonder what can Malaysia contribute to R&D? :sorry:

Malaysia as a subcontractor on components is more likely. However, the moment Malaysian companies started supplying to Russia, Airbus, Boeing and DoD will curtail technology transfer to the country :pardon:

:drinks:

Malaysia has all the resources...our Malaysian are at the same level with foreign country when speaking about R&D in aviation...

Malaysia has all the resources...our Malaysian are at the same level with foreign country when speaking about R&D in aviation...

Care to elaborate? All the resources?

We are speaking about technology here not natural resources. Malaysia have NEVER built a plane on its own, so can you expect it to have all the rsources in R&D?Lets not get sentimental about it.

Edited by jadivindra

...our Malaysian are at the same level with foreign country when speaking about R&D in aviation...

Which foreign country are we benchmarking against now ? :rolleyes:

superb news !

skipping straight to the big picture, this could mean our armed forces would eventually be fully equipped with Russian know how. :yahoo:

of course the Russians havent really been known for transparency or fairness either

I think in short the article is saying " if Malaysia runs a fighter competition and if Sukhoi win the competition they might make some parts in Malaysia to meet the offset requirements of the contract"

Geoff

The Editor of that story got carried away. it should be SUKHOI TO MAKE AIRCRAFT COMPONENTS IN MALAYSIA. A few composite parts do not equal a fighter jet.

The Editor of that story got carried away. it should be SUKHOI TO MAKE AIRCRAFT COMPONENTS IN MALAYSIA. A few composite parts do not equal a fighter jet.

Yea. Sounds more or less like CTRM's deal with Airbus. But this time with direct invesment from Irkut.

I think in short the article is saying " if Malaysia runs a fighter competition and if Sukhoi win the competition they might make some parts in Malaysia to meet the offset requirements of the contract"

Geoff

Who is more desperate, Malaysia (MoD) or Russia (Irkut)?

Better wait for investment promises/prospects from USA (Boeing) if Malaysia chooses the FA18 E/F instead or from Sweden (Saab) if Gripen is chosen.

I believe Malaysia will benefit more technology transfer from the USA or even Sweden compared to the Russian.

Who is more desperate, Malaysia (MoD) or Russia (Irkut)?

Better wait for investment promises/prospects from USA (Boeing) if Malaysia chooses the FA18 E/F instead or from Sweden (Saab) if Gripen is chosen.

I believe Malaysia will benefit more technology transfer from the USA or even Sweden compared to the Russian.

But I don't think the US is going to allow the latest military technology to be transferred to a non-ally like us. Sweden maybe, but the US, not going to happen.

when did we stop being allies with America??

I thought Obama and Najib are good chums now???

But I don't think the US is going to allow the latest military technology to be transferred to a non-ally like us. Sweden maybe, but the US, not going to happen.

I meant non-military/commercial technology transfer and research/academic collaboration.

Sign in to follow this