MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

MalaysianWings 4th Anniversary (27-28jun09)

where to spot during MW's 4th Anniversary  

64 members have voted

1. 1. which airport ?

• KUL
    • SZB
    • PEN
    • KCH
    • BKI

Now poll added for your choices...

Previous topic was closed, as no poll was added; please, make your choice here, to see your preferred airport for spotting.

KUL has become extremely difficult recently for spotting/photographing aircraft (safety-reasons given), so we might have to 'divert' to another airport for our hobby...

Guys reacting to the previous thread, please (re)fill your poll-choice here...(if I remember correctly, it was 2 KCH 2 PEN 2 BKI and 1 SZB sofar).

Suggest to have poll open till 28feb09 :pardon:

Guys time to make yourself heard. It's pretty close right now.

As usual no guarantee, but anything away from KUL or SZB most likely I'll be unable to attend. As KUL is almost impossible now, I'd suggest SZB.

I still wonder, is 14 lakeside still a safe location? But runway 14 has not been used ever since this issue surfaced.

Looking forward to see it being done at KCH (for logistical & transport reasons),but since of the uncertain traffic at KCH,I'm supporting BKI to be the venue for the 4th MWings anniversary.

Can we obtain a special permit specifically for the 4th Ann gathering day from MAB or Bulis? Possible?

Is't possible? anyone?

In my opinion, KUL still the best airport to spot :)

Can we obtain a special permit specifically for the 4th Ann gathering day from MAB or Bulis? Possible?

If I am not mistaken someone wrote in to ask permission for the 3rd anniversary, but no one reply that mail. No harm to trying to write in again for this year's anniversary gathering. Any takers ? :p Not me, my england suck to the max

If I am not mistaken someone wrote in to ask permission for the 3rd anniversary, but no one reply that mail. No harm to trying to write in again for this year's anniversary gathering. Any takers ? :p Not me, my england suck to the max

Hey, didn't you guys got the ATC visit? Anyway, if we are to write in then suggest spotting from within the vicinity of the airport itself. No more behind fences lah. Maybe the cargo hangar or somewhere as long as not interrupting too much.

KUL will be the best but depends on the poll. MAS is giving up to 80% discount offer flights to passengers~ :rolleyes: Gotta make decision sonner

KUL is the best.........why suddently we cant enter the hill near the wheather station :sorry: what's the actual story........ :help:

i still vote for KUL......2nd is subang.........but what are going to spot there? fireflys? :mellow:

KUL is interesting as its more centralized but on the other hand, its becoming a nightmare to spotters. :diablo:

SZB is more spotter-friendly but traffic is very unpredictable and damn slow and boring. ::8P::

KCH & BKI, well, logistically too troublesome and traffic is as good as SZB at times. ::8P::

PEN logistically would not be a nightmare but having a large group gathering at any spot along the airport perimeter would definitely be inviting =@ ....

anyway, as Capt Radzi said, anything outside of KUL, its a bit difficult to say at this moment especially for those who got other commitment at hand...

I wont be there this year (same as other Anniversaries :pardon: ) Hopefully on 5th Anny in 2010 I am at the event ;) 5Th Anny will be held in Amsterdam? :pardon: In 2008 on 3th Anny we had TK over in Amsterdam :)

Today last day for voting. Still not too late to book air ticket I think. :)