MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
LeeTZ

Kuching Intl Airport (KCH - WBGG) Year 2009

Looks like she has been prep'ed for hibernation cum (possible) rehab for some extended period of time

I wonder to what extent normal 734 schedules have been disrupted by her enforced rest ?

Looks like she has been prep'ed for hibernation cum (possible) rehab for some extended period of time

I wonder to what extent normal 734 schedules have been disrupted by her enforced rest ?

Maybe can see those big birds replacing her. :p

Caught on Monday...

TGB went for a tyre change...

DSCF1530.jpg

Someone wallaped MMR engines?

DSCF1512-2.jpg

Caught on Tuesday...

Neptune cooking oil...9M-NEA

DSCF1551.jpg

DSCF1561.jpg

9M-MPK POB 66, came to take the hajj pilgrims...

(after that, doing the inaugural KCH-MED POB 367, non stop flight; no more KUL stop like before :good: )

DSCF1539.jpg

DSCF1542.jpg

Thanks for viewing :drinks:

9M-MPK came again today to ferry the last batch of the hajj pilgrims from KCH...

DSCF1600-1.jpg

( as im typing this, the flight just took off 10 minutes ago and on its away to MED )

:drinks:

Caught on Monday...

TGB went for a tyre change...

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp79/rl0109/kch/DSCF1530.jpg

Rayner what time you spot the Transmile changing tyre??I spotted her also on Oct 26 landed at SZB around 1500LT...No wonder why she landing during day time,,not that often see Transmile flying during day time..hehe

Nice spotting pic there...Shot Jumbo banyak2 ea..

Rayner what time you spot the Transmile changing tyre??I spotted her also on Oct 26 landed at SZB around 1500LT...No wonder why she landing during day time,,not that often see Transmile flying during day time..hehe

Nice spotting pic there...Shot Jumbo banyak2 ea..

I got a correction to make...TGB was spotted on Sunday, 25th and not on Monday, 26th...Sorry for the mistake guys... :pardon: :sorry:

Ashmil, she arrived around 2pm and i went there around 5pm on Sunday...

BTW, GGIFA Seneca V...9M-GLJ, c/s GGIFA Zero Seven X-Ray came around 1105 today for a touch and go at the airport.

Sorry about the photo, it's the best that i could get due to the backlight of the sun and the memory card buffer after the photo was taken... =@

DSCF1603-1.jpg

Delwin: Thank you for the info and congrats to your friend who did the touch and go this morning.

Edited by rayner

ari tok kitak ada nanga sigek belon cap neptune, pake body tuju lua tuju. Nyak paking kat tempat kargo sia. Nyak belon MAS b734 udah hilang ka ya?

(today i saw an Neptune B727 plane, parked at cargo bay, and the poor MH B734 gone from the tarmac)

ari tok kitak ada nanga sigek belon cap neptune, pake body tuju lua tuju. Nyak paking kat tempat kargo sia. Nyak belon MAS b734 udah hilang ka ya?

(today i saw an Neptune B727 plane, parked at cargo bay, and the poor MH B734 gone from the tarmac)

Hahaha Dr...yup, i did saw the Neptune 727, 9M-NEP took off around 1030 from my house. Still regretted didn't went the airport early to get her...

The 734 hilang sudah ka/missing already?...mmm...i'll check it again tomorrow.

The 734 hilang sudah ka/missing already?...mmm...i'll check it again tomorrow.

Terror lah these KCH wallapers :p

ssssshhhhhhh!!! :p

We have visitorssssss Today!

M40-33

PB015462ed.jpg

M40-31

PB015469ed.jpg

There are six actually (4 hawks and 2 F5 Tiger) .... but i only got two of it. But ok lah.. I am happy! :p

All jets reach between 1045 to 1115hrs, they fly off around 1330hrs.

Cheers!

ssssshhhhhhh!!! :p

Double sssssshhhhh !!! :db: :db:

The Hawk on the left and the Tiger on the right...Sorry for the blur pix and heat waves... :sorry:

DSCF1642.jpg

They came back today..

No title M40-25

1024edDSC_2096.jpg

ICE M40-26

1024edDSC_2098.jpg

ARAMOS M40-31

1024edDSC_2101.jpg

VIRUS M40-33

1024edDSC_2103.jpg

And the rare Tigers

M29-19 with special nose (recon?)

1024edDSC_2158.jpg

Dummy Sidewinder on the right?

1024edDSC_2182.jpg

And the normal tiger

1024edDSC_2168.jpg

Also with dummy missle

1024edDSC_2188.jpg

If only the weather were more helpful.. :sorry:

Edited by Ignatius

Waahhh TIGERS!!!! Great catch Iggy.. :clapping: M29-19 seems to be carrying a lot of surveillance equipment..

<_ hmmmm..when am i going to nail those tigers...>

Edited by Victor A.

Absolutely great catch !!! :yahoo:

Where are the Hawks and Tigers normally based ? :huh:

Waahhh TIGERS!!!! Great catch Iggy.. :clapping: M29-19 seems to be carrying a lot of surveillance equipment..

That's the RF-5E Tigereye - has downward looking photographic equipment in the nose. The normal one is Tiger II.

The Tigers and Nuris will be flying for forseeable future whilst the Mig29's are scheduled for retirement already

Astounding !!

IIRC I remember seeing those Tigers over the sky of Tawau. That was about 20 years ago. Surprise to see them still with TUDM.

KCH Spotters! Here is some news for us!

Ex-MAS senior officer to head STB: Manyin

By Lee Ya Yun

KUCHING: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) former commercial director Datuk Rashid Khan is expected to be appointed as the new chief executive officer (CEO) of Sarawak Tourism Board (STB) starting Nov 16.Urban Development and Tourism Minister Dato Sri Michael Manyin yesterday confirmed that Rashid was selected, but he has not seen any official documents on the appointment yet.

“It is confirmed, but I have not got the official letter of appointment. I was told that he (Rashid) would start on the 16 of this month,” he told reporters on the sidelines of the State Legislative Assembly sitting yesterday.

He explained that Rashid was chosen because he possessed vast experiences in the airline and tourism industries which would benefit STB.

It is learnt that Rashid retired from MAS last month. The last STB CEO was Gracie Geikie, who completed her term in July this year after serving four years.

On his appointment as Infrastructure Development and Communication Minister from Dec 1, Manyin said he did not expect to be given a different portfolio.

“Actually, it is a surprise. I thought I’d be in (Ministry of Urban Development and) Tourism because I have only been in the ministry for one year and two months,” he said.

Asked whether he was disappointed with the appointment, Manyin replied: “Not to say disappointed, but I thought I’d be staying (in current ministry).”

He explained that with the new appointment, he would miss some unfinished tasks which he had planned.

“Actually, I have already made a few appointments with the Korean people, on Nov 21, one group from Korea is coming here to discuss something. There is a chartered flight from Korea coming here too on Dec 21. But now I would miss,” he said.

from borneo post...

Mark your calender people!