MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

Flight(s) with the least amount of pax....

April 2003, at the height of SARS epidemic, I went from WLG-AKL-KUL-HKG and then to East China to do my research.....

My flight was MH72, KUL-HKG. Original equipment showed up on the system as 747-400. But due to SARS it has been downgraded to 9M-MKC Airbus A330-300 and it was one of the only two flights of the day I think.

Estimated amount of passenger on board was merely 34 (I did ask the F/A for this info) and passengers incl. F/As were scared to death wearing surgical masks (so did I biggrin.gif). Only saw 1 or 2 people sitting at C class ohmy.gif

Whats' your flight with the least amount of passenger ever flown by you? Please share and where possible include a story line, please!

November 2003, on my SDK-BKI flight only less than 15 people on the F50 flight. The previous flight(SDK-BKI on F50 too), only 3 passengers blink.gif

Sometime last year...

A6-EMD (My baby biggrin.gif )

DXB-MRU

P.O.B=12 blink.gif blink.gif

Edited by Imran K.

1976:

Shorts 330 routing FRA-RTM: I was the only staff (ID95R2) on this flight with 1 cabin-attendant (pretty good looking gal as well, I can recall wink.gif )

This route was operated only one Summer season by LH and was stopped "due to disappointing load-factors"...

hhhmmmm, can see why tongue.gif

On the other hand: 3 years ago, I flew BKI-KUD and was the only full-paying passenger onboard - was like my "private" sightseeing-flight, as Mt. Kinabalu was at her best with a full unrestricted view possible (no clouds) ohmy.gif

I flew KCH-KUL once on A330 back in 1998 (at the peak of economy crisis) - there were only 2 pax on board including myself.

My most recent flight with light load is in September SIN-KCH on Silkair's A319. There were only approx 35 passenger in the economy class section. Business class was about half full though :-)

Can't contribute much to this thread, all flights I have been on were sardine packed most times ! However, a few more replies and we'll probably have zoomed in on (one of) the reason why MH is bleeding red ink big time !

3/7/2000, BKI-SIN (first time to SIN), MH631.

- GCC = 10+

- EY = About 40

8/7/2000, SIN-BKI, MH630.

- GCC = 3 or 4

- EY = about 25

11/7/2000, BKI-SIN, MH631.

- GCC = nobody

- EY = around 30

(There was one SQ flight, an 313, which departed about 2 hours

before us, WAS FULL ! Mainly because their air fare was cheap, i guessed. A return air ticket in EY on SQ between BKI/SIN in 2000 only cost RM630++ while MAS is RM1200++ !!!!)

29/7/2000, SIN-BKI, MH630.

- GCC = not sure

- EY = around 30 also

July 2000, just about 2 months before i sat for UPSR, while my friends were busy studying in BKI, i was in SIN, for almost 1 month, resting there ...

Edited by Isaac

1. KUL-CGK on Merpati Air B737-200 in night flight in 2002, Pax = 8 people, upgrade myself to seat in the Business Class section.

2. BKI-LBU on MH Fokker50 on a monday morning in April 2005, Pax = 5 people

3. SBU-MKH (Mukah) on DHC6 Twin Otter in the recent September 2005, Pax = 2 people.

I just remembered that my record should actually be:

Korean Air Airbus A330-300 enroute HKG - SEL.

Passengers on board - 18 pax in Y-class and 3 people in C-class.

Probably due to amount of crashes of Korean Air had during that time which put passengers off.

Edited by S V Choong

Korean Air Airbus A330-300 enroute HKG - SEL.

Passengers on board - 18 pax in Y-class and 3 people in C-class.

18190[/snapback]

Wow, i guess that was in the 90s ?

I just remember one thing, the MH068 & MH069 were always pretty empty too between BKI/KUL when it was still operated by 333.

Isaac, yes it was in 1998 when I flew from HKG (Kai Tak) to SEL (Kim Po).

In contrast to what you have said..... Apparently BKI-SEL in the 1990s was doing pretty well! I was on the DC-10 flights before and have switched to A330-300 and 772s at some point. Seems to get a lot of Korean passengers and was always almost full. And yes, the Koreans thought we were Koreans too.... dang....

In contrast to what you have said.....  Apparently BKI-SEL in the 1990s was doing pretty well!  I was on the DC-10 flights before and have switched to A330-300 and 772s at some point.  Seems to get a lot of Korean passengers and was always almost full.

18228[/snapback]

The BKI/Japan flights are doing great also.

And yes, the Koreans thought we were Koreans too.... dang....

18228[/snapback]

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Yeah, this had happened to me also. When i travel on MH081 or MH080 those Japanese flight attendants will normally speak Japanese with me and i'll always be like ... ha ????

I've done extra flight with full load one way, and zero the other way. Guess nobody can beat that one!

I've done extra flight with full load one way, and zero the other way. Guess nobody can beat that one!

Captain, was that a domestic or international flight?

I was 1 of the 7 in Pelangi Air's 19 seater Dornier during a flight from KL to Kerteh way back in 1993 or 1994.

As for a wide-bodied aircraft, the Qantas B747-200 that I took from ADL to SIN in late November 1983 was only approximately half full in Economy, and almost one third of those in Economy were Malaysian (and a handful of Singaporean) students going back home for our summer holidays. Those were the time when Qantas had an all B747 fleet. This particular route was changed (I believe) by Qantas to a B767 when B767s were introduced to Qantas' routes around about 1985/6/7. This was the one and only time I took a Qantas B747-200 from ADL to SIN as I subsequently transferred to Melbourne in February 1984.

Back in 1997, KUL - SIN. There were only 6 pax on the shuttle flight to SIN, our group of 4 plus 2 others. I had the F.A. talked to me almost the whole flight, but did not manage to get her name and contact....... sad.gif

Sign in to follow this