Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.

Photo

Helicopter Carrying Muhyiddin Makes Emergency Landing In Tuaran

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:37 PM

MACC has failed recently in prosecuting an ex-CPO of Sabah for use of police aircraft to oversee his personal plantation. Doubt MACC will even consider to investigates non-duty use of gomen assets by their bosses.

Unless there is an independent oversight committee/commission to audit executive privileges, executive can always bend the rules.

:drinks:

#22 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,128 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:20 PM

You think wrongly.

There are various types of training flights, and these kinds of flights also includes audit flights. On many of these flights for VIPs, trainees are utilised as another pair of eyes for the crew, augmentation cruise duties for long haul multi sector operations etc etc. Just the other day I met a friend from DCA who flew the PM to Kuching on the ACJ. By all intent and purpose, that can be considered a training flight as an audit was also carried out on the operations of Jet Premier One.

Certainly the RMAF will not put VIPS on endorsement, aerobatic and/or airworks flights.

OK now that we know that only certain types of training flights can be used for politician's transportation, this gives a clearer picture. Yes, I would say audit flights are no more riskier than normal flights - as far as the safety of the passengers on board is concerned.

#23 Louis L.

Louis L.
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:26 PM

indeed TPM came to Kudat with Nuri :D

#24 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

Would be interesting to find out whether our DPM's schedule was designed to accomodate requirements of crews' training programme, or the other way round :)
Can you imagine office of DPM calling up RMAF flight training centre to enquire whether can tumpang (hitch a ride) or not ?!

Ok lah, at least now OTK has got valid justification to be flying on KDSB's jets - doing audit what. He is top gun at Transport Ministry after all, and jets (private or otherwise) is a mode of transport kan ? If boss say want to audit, go lah :D

#25 Nik H.

Nik H.
  • Gold Member
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:21 PM

Would be interesting to find out whether our DPM's schedule was designed to accomodate requirements of crews' training programme, or the other way round :)
Can you imagine office of DPM calling up RMAF flight training centre to enquire whether can tumpang (hitch a ride) or not ?!

Ok lah, at least now OTK has got valid justification to be flying on KDSB's jets - doing audit what. He is top gun at Transport Ministry after all, and jets (private or otherwise) is a mode of transport kan ? If boss say want to audit, go lah :D

BC,

I am just being very careful with my words with the intent of sharing what little i know of the system that is not based on assumptions, and flee's response is indeed gratifying. I am not defending nor justifying any perceived abuse, if you know how much income tax I paid last year, you'd appreciate my concern on where the money I paid to the Gahmen goes to. I look with dismay at how rakyat's money were/are being used. Its just that my personal expression of such concern is misplaced at this aviation enthusiasts' website.

The Minister of Transport cannot declare an audit flight at his whims and fancies as these decisions are the domain of bona fide licensed and qualified pilots. Not by pretenders who claim to be experts in a complicated, regulated and diverse field such as aviation by virtue of soaking knowledge from a computer screen, or by the (mis)fortune of being voted into the position.

It won't come to a point where the TPM's ofice would ask to tumpang. But, the Air Force does have a utilisation chart for their aircraft, and can smartly plan to build in this kind of flights so there can be added value to the whole plot. There are still some fairly smart people even in the worst Gahmen department/ services.

Anyway, its gone way of topic. This thread is about the piece of news about the DPM's Chopper making an unscheduled stop to avoid weather, something that is an airmanship decision. And a wise one at that.

Along the way, opinions based on assumptions about the technical issues related to the Nuri, procurement, abuse, MACC, politics, etc etc came into the picture. Even wishing for harm to befall those on board!!! All unrelated to aviation.

Better to think small and keep to topic. Which is about how good the Pilots' decision were, their assessment of weather, possible degradation of NavAids in stormy weather at the lower altitudes the Helis operate at, the terrain they are flying over, aircraft performance with the deluge of water ingestion, consideration towards the 'precious' cargo in the form of human lives on board irregardless if VVIP or not.

More befitting of this website's intent, NO?
  • rayner and Timothy like this

#26 Naim

Naim

• Platinum Member
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

Since when TUDM is a part of Biro Pengangkutan UMNO?

Somebody writes about this already (in Bahasa). :)

http://themalaysiani...-harta-partinya

#27 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:01 PM

PKR reports DPM for alleged abuse of government property
By Syed Jaymal Zahiid

PENANG, Aug 17 — PKR Youth leaders today lodged a complaint against the deputy prime minister with the anti-graft body MACC for alleged abuse of government property for his personal use.

Bernama reported yesterday that Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin had flown on a military helicopter to attend the Penampang Umno division meeting in Sabah after he was done opening another division party meeting in Kudat.

He was however forced to land in Tuaran due to bad weather, the news agency reported.

Pantai Jerjak PKR assemblyman Sim Tze Tzin, the person who lodged the complaint, said the news report had clearly shown Muhyiddin abusing government property for a non-governmental purpose which is tantamount to corruption.

"There was a similar case involving a top cop in Sabah where he was investigated and charged with corruption for using a police helicopter to visit his private property," Sim told The Malaysian Insider.

Based on this, he said it was imperative that the MACC launch an investigation into the report.

Sim lodged the report at the MACC headquarters here with three other PKR Youth leaders.

http://www.themalays...rnment-property
  • Desmond C likes this

#28 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:54 AM

PKR reports DPM for alleged abuse of government property
By Syed Jaymal Zahiid

PENANG, Aug 17 — PKR Youth leaders today lodged a complaint against the deputy prime minister with the anti-graft body MACC for alleged abuse of government property for his personal use.

Bernama reported yesterday that Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin had flown on a military helicopter to attend the Penampang Umno division meeting in Sabah after he was done opening another division party meeting in Kudat.

He was however forced to land in Tuaran due to bad weather, the news agency reported.

Pantai Jerjak PKR assemblyman Sim Tze Tzin, the person who lodged the complaint, said the news report had clearly shown Muhyiddin abusing government property for a non-governmental purpose which is tantamount to corruption.

"There was a similar case involving a top cop in Sabah where he was investigated and charged with corruption for using a police helicopter to visit his private property," Sim told The Malaysian Insider.

Based on this, he said it was imperative that the MACC launch an investigation into the report.

Sim lodged the report at the MACC headquarters here with three other PKR Youth leaders.

http://www.themalays...rnment-property

Why stop there, why not report to the MACC about the use of Government cars for personal use or the use of government telephones for personal use or even the use of government pen to write love letters! Sheesh, they really know how to make a small issue into a big issue. Politicians, go figure!
  • Desmond C likes this

#29 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:26 PM

Not by pretenders who claim to be experts in a complicated, regulated and diverse field such as aviation by virtue of soaking knowledge from a computer screen, .....

:rolleyes:

Ok lah Captain, we can at least agree to disagree and move on, no ? :) :db:
Last time round the computer keyboard was unjustly maligned, let us not do upon the screen now :D

Edited by BC Tam, 18 August 2009 - 01:04 PM.

#30 Yusoff

Yusoff

Finally....

• Platinum Member
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:40 PM

Why stop there, why not report to the MACC about the use of Government cars for personal use or the use of government telephones for personal use or even the use of government pen to write love letters! Sheesh, they really know how to make a small issue into a big issue. Politicians, go figure!

Can I conclude that the Nuri is the size of the real nuri bird and the fuel it guzzles for that purpose is about the price of half a packet of seeds.
Or maybe the pen used for love letters is the size of pokok balak [timber tree] and the ink used per letter is about 3 barrels of kerosene... ;) :D :D

Edited by Yusoff, 18 August 2009 - 12:40 PM.

#31 H Azmal

H Azmal
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

Can I conclude that the Nuri is the size of the real nuri bird and the fuel it guzzles for that purpose is about the price of half a packet of seeds.
Or maybe the pen used for love letters is the size of pokok balak [timber tree] and the ink used per letter is about 3 barrels of kerosene... ;) :D :D

You're a riot, Yusoff :rofl: Good one :good:

BTW, I admit I am not quite up to speed with the NUris - I thought they have been replaced by those Eurocopter thingy, no? Pardon my ignorance as I have not been keeping up with the military side of aviation.

Edited by H Azmal, 18 August 2009 - 02:39 PM.

#32 Tim Lee

Tim Lee
  • Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:26 PM

Damn..Damn..Damn...should have crash land...

What are you an animal?

Shame on you.
  • rayner likes this

#33 Mushrif A

Mushrif A
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

Thats a great one, Yusoff.

It's odd that some people still insists on going for ikan bilis when ikan paus is right in front of one's eyes, with some form of viable proof courtesy of UMNO's mainstream "newsletters".

Btw, was it really an "emergency" landing or were the papers stretching the truth to sensationalise things when it was really a precautionary/ unscheduled landing?

#34 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:50 PM

Muhyiddin: Corruption allegations don’t scare me
By Shazwan Mustafa Kamal

PUTRAJAYA, Aug 18 — Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin dismissed a corruption complaint filed by PKR over his use of a military helicopter to attend Umno meetings in Sabah.

The deputy Umno president did not, however, offer any explanation as to why he used a military helicopter to fulfill his party duties.

“It (the allegations) does not scare me at all. It is a blatant example of how short on ideas Pakatan (Rakyat) are that they have to start coming up with something like this,” he told reporters here today when asked to comment on PKR’s recent allegations of corruption against him.

Yesterday, PKR Youth leaders lodged a complaint against Muhyiddin with the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) over his alleged abuse of government property for personal use.

This was first highlighted by the news agency Bernama when the DPM flew on a military helicopter to attend the Penampang UMNO division meeting in Sabah after he officiated another division party meeting in Kudat.

PKR Pantai Jerjak assemblyman Sim Tze Min, who lodged the report, said that the news coverage had clearly shown that Muhyiddin was abusing government property for a non-governmental purpose, which was tantamount to corruption.

However, the No.2 leader in the government appeared unfazed by the accusation.

“These are views that they should just keep to themselves as they are purposely creating a lot of problems for people,” stated Muhyiddin.

from here

#35 Kader

Kader
  • Silver Member
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:27 PM

hello people.. lama tak datang sini.. wahh hangat sungguh topik yang suam suam kuku ini.. pendapat sepuluh sen saya.. people can say what they want, thats how they portrait their individualistic. Its a projection of who you really are..

bak kata pepatah " cakap siang pandang-pandang, cakap malam dengar-dengar" hehehe

cheers..

#36 Radzi

Radzi
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

hello people.. lama tak datang sini..

Busy farming kot.

#37 Kader

Kader
  • Silver Member
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

hello people.. lama tak datang sini.. wahh hangat sungguh topik yang suam suam kuku ini.. pendapat sepuluh sen saya.. people can say what they want, thats how they portrait their individualistic. Its a projection of who you really are..

bak kata pepatah " cakap siang pandang-pandang, cakap malam dengar-dengar" hehehe

cheers..

-say responsibly-like, drink responsibly-

hahaha alamak bocor rahsia..

#38 Imran K.

Imran K.
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:06 PM

Busy farming kot.

You la busy farming Capt...everyday jual harvest :P

- off topic :( -

#39 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

Back to the topic, it seems like DPM is again using the Falcon to BKI. Wonder would it be a trend whereby he would travel to BKI using the Falcon instead of the BBJ or A319.

#40 Kader

Kader
  • Silver Member
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

after some reading i think what happened was this...
1. from this gov letter Surat GOV a gov servant must choose MAS or A.A HOWEVER id the dest, or time is not as per required, He/She may use other Opt, billed to the treasury (Akauntan negara). Upon approval of your superior. In this case TPM requires? ...His own signature..prepared by the PA lah of course..He doesn't think of the mode of tspt, PA do, select then inform him, unless he wanted to change then its up to him..

2. At the same time RMAF/ police / gov agencies do have special clause to give air service or transportation to VIP/VVIP which must be approved by their organization. And can be claimed from the gov.

From all the above i would like to think the gov as a very complex organism.. nothing on the surface reflects whats going on. Well this is all my own opinion..adios

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users