MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Desmond C

Aircraft's wing grazed by catering truck

Saw an article in Daily Express this morning. Plane was just about heading to Manila. Will post the blur picture from the newspaper later.

Btw, it's 9M-MQC

No wonder i saw two MH Boeing B737-400s grounded yesterday evening when i went jogging. I believed the aircraft's door which has been damaged is now left near the MAS hangar. I saw it with the front exit door left opened yesterday.

Saw an article in Daily Express this morning. Plane was just about heading to Manila. Will post the blur picture from the newspaper later.

Btw, it's 9M-MQC

Desmond,

Scan the article please... and post it here...

scan0001.jpg

Aiya, i just cut the plane section. wait again.

Sorry for the poor condition of this picture

Edited by Desmond C

Kota Kinabalu: A catering truck grazed the wing of a Malaysia Airlines (MAS) aircraft en route to Manila, forcing its passengers to be moved to another aircraft, at the Kota Kinabalu International Airport here, Saturday.

It was learnt that the 737- 400 aircraft carrying 45 passengers was moving into the runway for take-off when the Hi-Lift catering vehicle scraped the tip of its left wing at about 12.40pm.

MAS Kota Kinabalu Corporate Communications Supervisor, Mohd Alfreedo Mohd Yahya, said the passengers were shifted to another 737 aircraft that flew in from Sandakan.

The aircraft eventually took off at 3.40pm, three hours after the incident, he said.

A police report on the incident was lodged, he said, adding MAS would not make further statements on the matter until the police have completed the investigations.

Source :

http://dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=58546

How about the passenger of the "spare aircraft" then?

Also, what is the police report made for? Isn't that internal problem?

How about the passenger of the "spare aircraft" then?

Also, what is the police report made for? Isn't that internal problem?

Most probably they reshuffled the plane such that the passengers on the "spare aircraft" hop on later flight to the same destination.

When this kind of accident happened, surely there'll be group of people who'll have to take the consequence. I think the police report required for official

record. That catering truck driver should be looking out for different job now.

I a few times almost got hit by these reckless drivers during walkaround.

Edited by Khaled

Most probably they reshuffled the plane such that the passengers on the "spare aircraft" hop on later flight to the same destination.

When this kind of accident happened, surely there'll be group of people who'll have to take the consequence. I think the police report required for official

record. That catering truck driver should be looking out for different job now.

Wow... either those drivers hated pilots and MH or maybe its time to have traffic police manning the apron haha.. :p

Seriously.. how can the catering truck be on the path of a taxiing plane on taxiway? Or are the press assuming again in their stories? <_>

Next time take their picture. hehehehe

Where? BKI or anywhere?

I think this is not the 1st time it happened. Last year a truck knocked one of MH B734 schedule for BKK and the door was damaged and flight was delayed in KLIA.

I just met my friend who is a LS appear to be in KK and suppose to do BKI-KCH on 4/7/2008 and apparently the aircraft was damaged by the aerobridges. 9MMQA is the aircraft and still grounded in the KKIA hangar but MQC had been ferried back to KUL.

Collision by ground service vehicles occur fairly regularly in busy airports.

Despite 0 fare promotion, MH had only 45 pax onboard to MNL is alarming. :pardon:

:drinks:

Despite 0 fare promotion, MH had only 45 pax onboard to MNL is alarming. :pardon:

Possibly many have jumped ship awaiting Cebu Pacific's upcoming offering on same route ?

Possibly many have jumped ship awaiting Cebu Pacific's upcoming offering on same route ?

Last Sat (5/7/08) ,did KUL/KBR/KUL/BKI/KUL,on the return flight from KBR,the MH pob was 40 against my total pob of 156.

Last Sat (5/7/08) ,did KUL/KBR/KUL/BKI/KUL,on the return flight from KBR,the MH pob was 40 against my total pob of 156.

That's good business for AK with its value-for-money fares, and excellent inflight catering unmatched by the competition for short sectors.

EMmMmmm 45 POB to Manila form BKI??45 POB + fuel price hike = its enough to cover the cost of damage wing??huhuhu.. :help: :help: :help: :help:

Collision by ground service vehicles occur fairly regularly in busy airports.

:drinks:

Found these 2 articles/reports on Aviation Herald, and in June alone:

Accident: Lufthansa A343 at Munich on June 16th 2008, highloader crashed into engine

By Simon Hradecky, created Monday, Jun 16th 2008 14:35Z, last updated Tuesday, Jun 17th 2008 13:43Z

A Lufthansa Airbus A340-300, registration D-AIGY thought to perform flight LH718 from Munich (Germany) to Seoul (South Korea) with 204 passengers, had to stop departure preparation after a highloader crashed into engine number 4 shortly before the airplane was to be pushed back from the gate. The highloader had just finished serving the airplane and was backing from the airplane, when it hit the engine.

The driver of the highloader suffered broken ribs and was treated by emergency doctors on the scene, the engine got seriously damaged.

A replacement aircraft, another A340-300 registration D-AIGS, resumed the flight with a delay of just over two hours.

Accident: Midwest B717 at Dallas on June 19th 2008, Van crashed into tail of aircraft

By Simon Hradecky, created Friday, Jun 20th 2008 06:30Z, last updated Friday, Jun 20th 2008 06:33Z

A Midwest Airlines Boeing 717-200, registration N903ME performing flight YX303 from Dallas/Ft. Worth,TX to Milwaukee,WI (USA), was preparing to depart DFW with passengers already boarded, when the plane was struck by a ground handling van, which got wedged under the tail of the airplane.

Noone on board of the airplane was injured, however the driver sustained injuries and was flown to hospital by helicopter. The airplane suffered a puncture, the airline needs to assess the damage to the airplane. The passengers deboarded the airplane again and were booked onto other flights. Flight 303 was cancelled.

It is assumed, that the driver suffered a medical attack and became consciousless before the van veered off and got stuck under the airplane.

haizzz....

Sign in to follow this